RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Favorite Underground Artists? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=216642)

Nynth Degree 12-09-05 01:37 PM

Favorite Underground Artists?

[Besides Immortal Technique and Canibus.] Just curious as to who likes the lesser known hip hop. Also, I might see a few names I'm not too familiar with, and find a new artist that I like. [This thread may very well be closed at some point, for a reason I don't know yet.]

List 'em off, folks.

Compose 12-09-05 01:49 PM

Chino XL, Dead Prez, Eyedea, Jean Grae, Jedi Mind Tricks, Royce Da 5'9", Louis Logic, Celph Titled (those last 2 & Jean Grae basically cuz of you, and shit)

I would say Talib Kweli and Mos Def too but theyre not that underground I dont think.

Daubs 12-09-05 01:50 PM

Klashnekoff
Jehst
Kyza

Nynth Degree 12-09-05 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose
I would say Talib Kweli and Mos Def too but theyre not that underground I dont think.

They're in that genre of mainstream artists who aren't really commercial, sorta like Canibus during his first 2 albums. So it's like semi-underground, I'd say.

Wicked One 12-09-05 03:52 PM

Hmmm...Chamillionarie (But now hes well known n shit), Talib Kweli, Royce Da 5'9, Tech Nine, Wordsworth, Aseop Rock, Atmosphere, Kyza, Chino XL, Jean Grae..But more but i listen to them the most..

Blay'all 12-09-05 04:53 PM

of course Talib & Mos Def if they're considered underground, Chino XL, Immortal Technique, Royce Da 5'9, Atmosphere

J.D 12-09-05 05:18 PM

tonedeff, apathy, rise, celph titled, louis logic, dilated peoples, zion-i, klasnekoff (uk emcee), aesop rock, murs, slug, mc juice, jeru the damaja, pack fm........

Indeph 12-09-05 05:38 PM

Chino XL, Dead Prez, Eyedea, Jean Grae, Jedi Mind Tricks, Royce Da 5'9", Louis Logic, Celph Titled (those last 2 & Jean Grae basically cuz of you, and shit)

M.C. Streak 12-09-05 06:29 PM

Dead Prez, Jedi mind Tricks, Non-Phixion, Circle of Tyrants on the most part but other than that tha's the underground material i listen to mostly.

Zone Out 12-09-05 07:05 PM

Joe Budden
the best out right now

Ebircs 12-09-05 07:19 PM

Pa-fuckin-poose !!!!

M.C. Streak 12-09-05 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cho-Kahn MiWang
Pa-fuckin-poose !!!!

o yea i forgot him, he's ill...Joe Budden is nice as well but overrated.

Lyriclesolja 12-09-05 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. Streak
Dead Prez, Jedi mind Tricks, Non-Phixion, Circle of Tyrants on the most part but other than that tha's the underground material i listen to mostly.

exactly.....oh and you forgot Necro

M.C. Streak 12-09-05 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyriclesolja
exactly.....oh and you forgot Necro

Necro is a part of circle of tyrants

Lyriclesolja 12-09-05 07:42 PM

well other people dont know that!!!

M.C. Streak 12-09-05 07:50 PM

well I guess that's too bad for them

La Cosa Nostra 12-09-05 08:12 PM

Nostradamus...

Hes pretty good.......

Wicked One 12-10-05 12:10 PM

^ Yeah I heard that dude got the best audio on Rapverse... :thumbup:

Nynth Degree 12-10-05 09:21 PM

Smh @ 1 person mentioning Apathy and Murs. You kids need some educating lol. J-Live is great as well.

Compose 12-10-05 09:27 PM

^I forgot about Murs, even though I listen to him in that 9th wonder thing :(

La Cosa Nostra 12-10-05 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Degree
Smh @ 1 person mentioning Apathy and Murs. You kids need some educating lol. J-Live is great as well.

I'd mention apathy, murs and J-live...

And underground cats usually make dope tracks... But often its no secret as to why these dudes stay underground...

I listen to a fair bit of canibus... While I check out all underground artists, thats the only dude I really listen to on a regular basis thats underground...

I think if you listen to too much underground music it can fuck with your own music style.. And nobody wants to be the same as the artists who aint getting much play anywhere...

Personally.. My flow has a bit in common with a few of these cats.. But my music bares a closer resemblance to 90's commercial...

M.C. Streak 12-10-05 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Degree

I listened to Murs, didn't like him that much. It's not a matter of being educated either it's jus personal preference. As far as Apathy goes he is ill sick freestyler

B.I.G. 12-11-05 12:09 AM

Jedi Mind Tricks & Project Deadman

ill as DAMN

Nynth Degree 12-12-05 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Personally.. My flow has a bit in common with a few of these cats.. But my music bares a closer resemblance to 90's commercial...

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.

Ysdat 12-12-05 01:06 PM

Myself .

Past Tense 12-12-05 01:17 PM

hmmmm ill bill,necro,immortal technique,Ras Kass ehhh The Games underground shit 50's underground shit......Eydea Yukmouth

soul?uest 12-17-05 03:33 AM

Cannibal Ox, El-P, POS, Sole, cloudDEAD, Atmosphere, MF DOOM, Murs, The Grouch, Rhymefest, Necro, Ill Bill, Goretex, Justus League, Little Brother, Rapper Big Pooh, Phonte, Blueprint, Brother Ali, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Buck 65, Sage Francis, Saul Williams, Hieroglyphics....

i know theres more i got...im blankin...

B To The D 12-17-05 06:16 AM

I Like Old School Underground Hip Hop
So...

UGLY DUCKLING OWNS

...That Is All -_-

J.D 12-17-05 06:32 AM

ohhhh i forgot a cuple of decent people:

esoteric, mr. lif, and akrobatik..............

BranMan 12-18-05 08:05 PM

My favorite underground rapper is GeeQue.

K.ontroverz.Y 12-18-05 10:34 PM

dead prez, Papoose, Jae Millz, Maino, Stimuli, Saigon...

MaRVJay 12-19-05 12:11 PM

copywrite..da illest whiteboy fuck em

Nynth Degree 12-19-05 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaRVOLOUSJay

Lol Copy's decent, but I know of some white guys who straight up dominate him.

MaRVJay 12-19-05 01:08 PM

datz good man..but dat niggaz sick with it

New Meth0d 12-19-05 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kon.Tay.Juz
dead prez, Papoose, Jae Millz, Maino, Stimuli, Saigon...

slug murs and eyedea

M.C. Streak 12-19-05 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaRVOLOUSJay

nahh...Eminem is far better as far as a record catlogue, a flow and lyrics...I prefer a lot of emcees over copy...copywrite has gotten kicked off stage ha just has amzing punchlines mostly...I prefer Non-Phixion

JRoy 12-20-05 03:46 AM

MF DOOM
Mr. Lif
The Shapeshifters
Dan The Automator
Kool Keith
Brother Ali
Busdriver
The Maroons(AKA, Lateef and the Cheif)
Del Tha Funkee Homesapien
KRS One
Gorillaz