RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Completely irrelevant thread...but who gives a shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=217330)

Tha Q. 12-16-05 06:11 PM

Completely irrelevant thread...but who gives a shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fasted 1 whole week

finally over

don't get me wrong, I'm glad I did it. It's helped me to finally see somethings I needed to figure out.

But, now it's time for a MEXICAN FEAST ala Taco Bell

thanks Kool COLBY!

:thumbup:

Cocaine 12-16-05 06:13 PM

ahh shit sucks.. i used to wrestle for my high school, and trying to make weight and what-not, i'd have to crash diet/fast all the time.... i know how u feel brother

Tha Q. 12-16-05 07:02 PM

^^U ain't kiddin yo...ACtually, it was pretty easy every day except today...Man, I almost didn't make it today...lol

but yo...dat Taco Bell Chiptole burrito is slammin

ummmmmm

Daubs 12-16-05 07:51 PM

doubt i could do it.

Buck.Marley 12-16-05 08:10 PM

Whyd you do that for?

Compose 12-16-05 08:14 PM

You're fucking stupid

Buck.Marley 12-16-05 08:18 PM

.......Awwwwwww, I love this guy ^

Always talkin shit.

whatta hoot eh kiddo?!

Tha Q. 12-16-05 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose
You're fucking stupid

I'm stupid because I fasted? Do you even know what fasting is or why someone would fast? If not, keep your mouth closed.

Buck.Marley 12-16-05 08:33 PM

I think he was talking to me?

and if he wasnt, fuck him anyway homeboy :Thumbup:

but for real, whyd you fast like that man?

Tha Q. 12-16-05 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck.Marley
Whyd you do that for?

Basically fasting is one way to clear your mind, especially if you're dealing with big issues that need full attention. I believe denying yourself of food strenghthens the spirit. It's more to it than that, but that's the basics.

High-Dro 12-16-05 08:39 PM

i dont see how it would clear your mind since depriving your body of food would create less energy, which would in turn force your brain functions to slow...least that's how i see it

Daubs 12-16-05 08:40 PM

i suppose it makes you see REAL important things in life.

High-Dro 12-16-05 08:41 PM

^^^important things in life eh??? food is the most important thing in life...hmm...how ironic

Tha Q. 12-16-05 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~High-Dro~
i dont see how it would clear your mind since depriving your body of food would create less energy, which would in turn force your brain functions to slow...least that's how i see it

It's a spiritual principle. Food has an intoxicating effect on the body. Denying yourself food weakens the body, thereby heightening your spiritual awareness. It's a way to cleanse the mind, body, and soul.

Daubs 12-16-05 08:44 PM

Na, not living with food for a bvit allows you too think about real stuff...putting shitty things into perspective.

Tha Q. 12-16-05 08:44 PM

Quote:
^^^important things in life eh??? food is the most important thing in life...hmm...how ironic

and food is not the most important thing in life. Food is necessary to live, but so is clothing. Would you say clothing is the most important thing in life? You'd freeze to death in some areas if you did not have on some type of clothing.

Elevate your mind dawg.

Compose 12-16-05 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
I'm stupid because I fasted? Do you even know what fasting is or why someone would fast? If not, keep your mouth closed.

Yes I know what fasting is...why did you do it , if you need to fast to sort out problems then you need some serious help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck.Marley
I think he was talking to me?

and if he wasnt, fuck him anyway homeboy :Thumbup:

but for real, whyd you fast like that man?

nah i was talkin to q

Tha Q. 12-16-05 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose
Yes I know what fasting is...why did you do it , if you need to fast to sort out problems then you need some serious help.

nah i was talkin to q

Jesus said in the bible, "some things come only by fasting and praying." I did it because there are some areas in my life I'm struggling with that I'm applying this principle to. It's my faith. Also, fasting does clear my mind. It's a personal thing for me. So, you don't have a right to sit here and say I need "serious" help when you don't know me.

High-Dro 12-16-05 08:52 PM

food, water, shelter..blah blah...
in certain parts of the world you wouldnt need clothes..in EVERY part of the world, you need food, so food and water > clothing

and don't tell me to elevate my mind, please

Tha Q. 12-16-05 08:56 PM

Quote:
food, water, shelter..blah blah...
in certain parts of the world you wouldnt need clothes..in EVERY part of the world, you need food, so food and water > clothing

and don't tell me to elevate my mind, please

If u value food that much, then u need to elevate your mind.

Point is, fasting is based on spiritual principles. So, if you don't believe it you just don't believe it. However, there are medical studies out that show moderate fasting is actually good for the body on occasion. Food is really devastating to our bodies when we abuse it or don't treat out bodies right. And, all the hormones they're feeding the cows--as well as other chemicals-- affect us as well. Fasting is a good way to cleanse the body and get alot of those toxins out.

Sobe. 12-16-05 09:03 PM

ONE WEEK?! you know how fucking dangerous that is!? that doesn't strengthen shit. it makes you weak. it makes you go insane. you should be thankful for food and fucking eat it. kids in africa would do anything to be in your position, having food available to them when they need it. I can understand if some fat guy wants to "strenghten himself" by fasting for a day or two, but 1 week is a really bad idea.

Past Tense 12-16-05 09:05 PM

shit not eating that'd be hard but if i could just drink water i'd be cool

Tha Q. 12-16-05 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobe.
ONE WEEK?! you know how fucking dangerous that is!? that doesn't strengthen shit. it makes you weak. it makes you go insane. you should be thankful for food and fucking eat it. kids in africa would do anything to be in your position, having food available to them when they need it. I can understand if some fat guy wants to "strenghten himself" by fasting for a day or two, but 1 week is a really bad idea.

Physically speaking, no, it's not healthy to do it as much as I did. But, again, we're talking faith and spiritual principle here. I believe I'm stronger spiritually because I sacrificed something so necessary to "live". I think the hardest part was not being able to exericse like I wanted to. There we times when I felt ice cold when the heat was on 80 in the house. Then, once I broke my fast after 6PM by eating, I'd feel warm again. That made me realize why Homeless people often drink so much. Alcohol makes u feel warm when u don't have food.

does that make any sense?

lol

P.S. Jesus fasted for 40 days and 40 nights.

And, I know I'm not Jesus. But, the point is, there's precedence for doing it and I have my reasons.

Sobe. 12-16-05 09:12 PM

whatever floats your boat i guess =/

High-Dro 12-16-05 09:15 PM

in conclusion, this thread has made me crave tacos

Tha Q. 12-16-05 09:17 PM

^^^Yes...and they were quite good.

eat to live...don't live to eat

KOOL COL-B 12-16-05 09:18 PM

Quote:
in conclusion, this thread has made me crave tacos

soon my frend... soon. werd

WICKEDCLOVVN 12-16-05 09:41 PM

High-Dro 12-16-05 09:43 PM

bwahahahahahahaha

Young_law 12-16-05 09:44 PM

i would tell you to get a life but then youd be all

Quote:
Originally Posted by WICKEDCLOWN
HEHEHEHE YEA I KNOW IM GAY AND HAVE NO LIFE, AND LIED ABOUT HAVIN A GURL AND WISH THAT CUM WAS IN MY MOUTH, BUT DO YOU THINK I CARE WHAT YOU THINK? I HAVE MORE INTERNET GIRLFRIENDS THAN YOU DO IM AN e-PIMP!!!! YEAAA

schema 12-16-05 11:50 PM

you ate after 6pm?

every day?

so basically you just went a week without eating breakfast or lunch?

thats not really that impressive...i do that almost every day...

Tha Q. 12-16-05 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schema
you ate after 6pm?

every day?

so basically you just went a week without eating breakfast or lunch?

thats not really that impressive...i do that almost every day...

Not quite...

In 5 days, I ate 4 times...and when u fast, there's other factors involved besides just not eating...So, if u know u normally go until 6 without eating, then your challenge would be to do something that's a sacrifice, go until 8 without eating...Better yet, go 3 full days without eating...For me, that was a challenge because I normally eat so much during the day. It's a personal thing.

Tha Q. 12-16-05 11:55 PM

^^P.S....I basically went 23 hours each time without eating

I'd go until 6, eat ONCE, then wouldn't eat until 6 the next day.

P.S.2 I didn't fast or post this to impress you or anyone...I was jus so happy to be able to end my fast successfully with some TACO BELL

lol

Magic5 12-16-05 11:56 PM

I just see denying yourself of something you need to survive as being compeltely idiotic. Only a fucking idiot would do it.

Tha Q. 12-16-05 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
I just see denying yourself of something you need to survive as being compeltely idiotic. Only a fucking idiot would do it.

Well..considering All of the MUSLIM world does it, JESUS did it...and so do Millions of other Christians...I'd say most would disgaree with you, and so do I. I think your opinion is limited at best, ignorant at worst. It's part of spiritual belief. If you don't believe it, you don't believe it. Nuff said.

Sean Gunner 12-16-05 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostrophe
ahh shit sucks.. i used to wrestle for my high school, and trying to make weight and what-not, i'd have to crash diet/fast all the time.... i know how u feel brother

Ya, I used to have to do that till I had to wrestle Heavyweight when I was only 220 and the people I wrestled had to cut weight in a 275 lb weight class. I got to eat whatever I wanted.

Tha Q. 12-17-05 12:01 AM

P.S....

From what I know, MOST MUSLIMS survive RAMADAN...Jesus survived his 40 day fast--which, incidentally was the start of his ministry--and I'm alive and well.

thank you

Magic5 12-17-05 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
Well..considering All of the MUSLIM world does it, JESUS did it...and so do Millions of other Christians...I'd say most would disgaree with you, and so do I. I think your opinion is limited at best, ignorant at worst. It's part of spiritual belief. If you don't believe it, you don't believe it. Nuff said.

Wrong. Muslims don't eat from sunrise to sunset. After that they eat. And, you have zero proof that Jesus fasted.

And, on top of that, you didn't even fast completely. Just like the Muslims. You ate one time. During Ramadam Muslims eat one big meal after the sun goes down.. then continue "fasting."

Tha Q. 12-17-05 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
Wrong. Muslims don't eat from sunrise to sunset. After that they eat. And, you have zero proof that Jesus fasted.

And, on top of that, you didn't even fast completely. Just like the Muslims. You ate one time. During Ramadam Muslims eat one big meal after the sun goes down.. then continue "fasting."

I ate ONE MEAL after sunset and continued FASTING. I said that. The bible gives account of Jesus fasting, as well as Moses and most other prophets/religious figures in the bible. If you don't believe that, then why believe anything accounted in the bible? There are complete and partial fasts. I went until sunset every day. My fast was similar to what Muslims do during Ramadan. I've also fasted where I've gone the complete day without eating. So, what are you talking about?