RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   The Cerebral Approach (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=352)
-   -   Give your best example/definition of IRONY (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=222286)

Tha Q. 02-15-06 07:07 AM

Give your best example/definition of IRONY

Give your best example of the term "irony".

J. Luth 02-15-06 07:10 AM

a gay guy tells someone else "Stop being a faggot" :nono:

Tha Q. 02-15-06 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's SPuL!
a gay guy tells someone else "Stop being a faggot" :nono:

Congratulations.

You are the 1st person to do EXACTLY what I knew some "brilliant" person would do...make an ass of himself.

ne way...That's not ironic because it's not intuitively ironic. A "faggot" is defined as something other than being "gay" by ME and MANY people. So, you can be "str8" and just str8 up be a faggot/sissy.

Don't get it twisted. :nono:

J. Luth 02-15-06 07:24 AM

YAYYYY!!!!!!!!! :D what do I win? AIDS?!?

Tha Q. 02-15-06 07:24 AM

Quote:
YAYYYY!!!!!!!!! :D what do I win? AIDS?!?

Naw...just the distinction of being an idiot.

J. Luth 02-15-06 07:31 AM

but if i'm already an asshole, how can I make myself just an ass? :huh: please explain Mr. Q

Tha Q. 02-15-06 07:32 AM

Quote:
but if i'm already an asshole, how can I make myself just an ass? :huh: please explain Mr. Q

It's easy...The entire excretory system isn't just the anus...it's the colon, the rectum, and the sphincter...in either case, they all smell like shit.

move along child.

:nono:

J. Luth 02-15-06 07:34 AM

so if I'm just the hole, there is no way I get the cheeks in their too son. :nono:

but then again, I'm noo Dr. of Assology like you so.

Tha Q. 02-15-06 07:36 AM

Quote:
so if I'm just the hole, there is no way I get the cheeks in their too son. :nono:

but then again, I'm noo Dr. of Assology like you so.

whoa @ assology?...like astrology...real "clever"

Do me a favor. If you're lucky enough to make it to college, take a class in abnormal psych. While you're in there, describe your symptoms to the professor. Trust me, it'll help you out in life.

moron

WhoAmI 02-15-06 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
Let's see how smart my fellow members are.

I made this thread a long time ago on another site and it was interesting to see the responses. So, take your best shot at giving an example of the word "irony."

Hey...I'll start it off. And, don't be afraid to out-do your 1st attempts, or other people's attempts.

Example: Someone has an accident on Good Luck road.

P.S. If you're going to be a smart aleck and try to say something UNEDUCATED like SPUL, at least have it make sense.

Or someone having a car accident on the way to a road safety meeting or something

or the case of grizzly man,

he escaped dying at the hands of alcohol to be among grizzly bears, but ended up being killed by the thing that saved his life in the first place

right or wrong?

Tha Q. 02-15-06 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Souljah~
Or someone having a car accident on the way to a road safety meeting or something

or the case of grizzly man,

he escaped dying at the hands of alcohol to be among grizzly bears, but ended up being killed by the thing that saved his life in the first place

right or wrong?

I'm not sure about the 2nd one, but the 1st one is on the right track.

Like this:

An ice skater falls and hurts herself badly on the ice. Then, they have to pack ice on the wound.

La Cosa Nostra 02-15-06 08:15 AM

Whats the point of this...

Are you trying to establish a level of superiority amongst a bunch of kids by asking questions that provoke creative thinking so you can sit on your high horse as a teacher figure and judge their ideas?

....Or do you genuinly give a flying fuck about these peoples thoughts of what makes a good ironic situation..

...*cough*

WhoAmI 02-15-06 08:22 AM

yo nos you already mentioned the reason why i responded

"provoke creative thinking"

and most people on this site will probably sleep on this thread, well at least they pick up a dictionary or search for "irony" on google anyway. you know what people are like on this site

La Cosa Nostra 02-15-06 08:26 AM

Yeah it provokes creative thinking...

But dont get your panties in a muddle buddy, its not exactly going to 'help you get better at rapping'.... Or 'make you a better person all of a sudden'...

See the difference between your post and mine is I was using it is a method of describing what he was doing..

You used 'provoke creative thinking' as buzz words that made you feel like it was some how doing something positive towards making peoples brains a little smarter..

I can pretty safly say, even if people came up with 30 different circumstances of 'irony'.. They aint proving jack shit.......Or learning anything...

Which brings me back to what Q's motives were for making this thread which I already addressed....

Tha Q. 02-15-06 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Whats the point of this...

Are you trying to establish a level of superiority amongst a bunch of kids by asking questions that provoke creative thinking so you can sit on your high horse as a teacher figure and judge their ideas?

....Or do you genuinly give a flying fuck about these peoples thoughts of what makes a good ironic situation..

...*cough*

it ain't that deep dawg

IN fact, that's something you'd do.

If you want to close it. CLose it. If you want to move it move it. but, don't try and police what I do dawg.

Mad Dog 02-15-06 08:35 AM

how's this for ironic

not long ago LE was talking about killing himself...and managed to pull him out of that situation...now not long after he went through this...he "dies" in a car crash...

i'm still skeptical btw

WhoAmI 02-15-06 08:36 AM

Quote:
Yeah it provokes creative thinking...

But dont get your panties in a muddle buddy, its not exactly going to 'help you get better at rapping'.... Or 'make you a better person all of a sudden'...

See the difference between your post and mine is I was using it is a method of describing what he was doing..

You used 'provoke creative thinking' as buzz words that made you feel like it was some how doing something positive towards making peoples brains a little smarter..

I can pretty safly say, even if people came up with 30 different circumstances of 'irony'.. They aint proving jack shit.......Or learning anything...

Which brings me back to what Q's motives were for making this thread which I already addressed....

you missed my point man. im implying that there were no other threads around in LL that gained my attention right about now. just boring same ol same ol threads if you know what i mean

Tha Q. 02-15-06 08:38 AM

Quote:
you missed my point man. im implying that there were no other threads around in LL that gained my attention right about now. just boring same ol same ol threads if you know what i mean

Don't explain to Nos...He's a mini version of Leady.

How?

Example of Leady:

"You guys are all pathetic posting your tracks on a rap site"

^ Then, he posts his own and gets mad when people aren't feelin it.

NOS:

"Q, are you tryna sound more intelligent than everyone else?"

^^Then, he posts 6 paragraphs of tripe nonsense explaining why my thread is pointless.

NOS...go away.

La Cosa Nostra 02-15-06 08:41 AM

Thats where your wrong Q... And btw.. it may not be the reason you made the thread.. Its just what you were doing... *shrugs*

Quote:

Aiight I got ya now...

Mybad...

Tha Q. 02-15-06 08:43 AM

OKAY NOS

You're right.

CLOSE THE THREAD.

This should have been in Cerebral Approach...which is all you had to do.

psst

La Cosa Nostra 02-15-06 08:56 AM

Q I never was going to close the thread..

If you notice usually when I close threads I dont even post in them, I just close them and move on.......

If I was going to close this.. You wouldnt be posting in it now because it would have already been done..

distilled 02-15-06 08:57 AM

Rofl @ you bein the perfect stereotypical gay bitch.

La Cosa Nostra 02-15-06 08:59 AM

Dudes a total drama queen.....

Tha Q. 02-15-06 09:03 AM

Quote:
Dudes a total drama queen.....

sure uh huh

Tha Q. 02-15-06 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by distilled
Rofl @ you bein the perfect stereotypical gay bitch.

ROFL @ you being the stereotypical uneducated dip shit.

leady 02-15-06 09:05 AM

this irony to the FULLEST

distilled 02-15-06 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
ROFL @ you being the stereotypical uneducated dip shit.

haha, really? Wow you sure flipped what i said well and made a nice joke out of it. Wow. ace. well done.

distilled 02-15-06 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leady

lmffaoaoaoa, haha, people actually have that mentality tho, which is pretty scary....

Tha Q. 02-15-06 09:08 AM

Quote:
haha, really? Wow you sure flipped what i said well and made a nice joke out of it. Wow. ace. well done.

Yep...right back atcha!

leady 02-15-06 09:09 AM

Quote:
lmffaoaoaoa, haha, people actually have that mentality tho, which is pretty scary....

yeh man, i still cnt get over how hes gonna basically argue that islam isnt violent and basically say at the same time they shud behead anybody who say it is, i mean seriously, what a fucking way to defend your country from them kind of allogations lol

im guessing he forget his brain when he wrote that

Tha Q. 02-15-06 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog
how's this for ironic

not long ago LE was talking about killing himself...and managed to pull him out of that situation...now not long after he went through this...he "dies" in a car crash...

i'm still skeptical btw

yea...that's true

Mad Dog 02-15-06 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leady

idiots...he's OBVIOUSLY talking about circumsition

duh metaphors people :rolleyes:

Dirty Nigga 02-15-06 11:02 AM

for real...On the first page of this thread...Who was Spul trynna impress?? lol

nah, but for real...Irony hmmmm...
The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect.

I copied that shit outta dictionary.

Jameson 02-15-06 11:51 AM

Lol at Q's only come backs being "I'm smart and you're stupid."

Dirty Nigga 02-15-06 11:54 AM

If I had the name 'jameson'...then lord knows I'd be good enough to be a friend of the stfu crew, and thats cool

KnUcKeLs 02-15-06 11:57 AM

my shirt is not wrinkled.....it's irony. get it? get it? lol

Dirty Nigga 02-15-06 11:58 AM

HAhahahahahahaha

I dont get it? :thumbup:

Indeph 02-15-06 12:48 PM

The fact that God stress forgiveness... and punishes those who don't practice it with an eternity of pain.

Dirty Nigga 02-15-06 01:09 PM

^
punishes those who dont ....Practice irony?

J. Luth 02-15-06 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeTaFo'
for real...On the first page of this thread...Who was Spul trynna impress?? lol

nah, but for real...Irony hmmmm...
The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect.

I copied that shit outta dictionary.

You must really love me to keep on having my name in your mouth..... =/