RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Black Rose Audio Topical League (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=339)
-   -   Chat It Up (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=234437)

Dickard. 09-03-06 12:33 PM

Chat It Up

Discuss whatever you would like in this thread. Beef, come up with idea's, w/e you want. I just need to get a couple more people in this league before week 1. Then I will set up battles.

Wordz AhGod 09-03-06 12:42 PM

I think there should be a thread where some people can drop some instrumentals or links to em atleast.

Or we can once every week have a special battle in which the mod gives em a beat and a topic to record to and they got to do it. sort of like a special event nah mean.
To keep this interesting like the LBL is trying to do we should have crazy shit like that man. I'll be willing to supply some beats Iv gathered up man.

Dickard. 09-03-06 12:50 PM

Ill make a thread for it..And as for the special events we will get into them in like the 3rd-4th week..first we have to get activity level up and wat not.

Wordz AhGod 09-03-06 01:42 PM

Do you got any one to do shit like the mags and stuff? and close and open battles...handle claims and problems ect? coz that shits important

Dickard. 09-03-06 01:49 PM

I will be able to handle everything except for the mag.

First person that will jump to do it will get the job.

Enygma 09-03-06 04:59 PM

A topical league.....should have a thread to drop suggested topics and have the two people battling agree on a topic :thumbup:

Dickard. 09-03-06 05:32 PM

I just got this forum today. Chill.

Im getting everything ready and organized.

TitoBronsky 09-03-06 06:57 PM

IMO this is what the League should look like....

A battle set ....

a beat and topic given....

1:30 minimum consistin of 16 and hook....3 min max

no other voice on the track other than your own...

.................................................. .............................................

^^^^^ thats what a topical battle should look like with the instrumental linked in the thread... and since its a topical battle.... both emcees are given the same beat and topic to work off... and the winner is chosen by the creativity... and overall enjoyment of the listener as opposed to who choose the better topic... or beat... nahmean.... that'll keep comp fair and honest... and hopefully help everybody grow outside the box and experiment and try new things... production wise and lyricaly...

just my 2cents..

-Don Tito Bronsky

Dickard. 09-04-06 01:02 AM

The deal is. a topic will be given. And the 2 battlers will have a certain amount of time to both agree on a beat which they will have to find. Because i only have so many instrumentals.

TeamOne 09-04-06 12:50 PM

unhuh wat it do

TitoBronsky 09-04-06 12:56 PM

No Stress... Wordz And Myself... Will Provide Instrumentals For The League....

Wordz AhGod 09-04-06 04:20 PM

word I'll provide a few...Im a open a SC right now and upload a few...Hay Tito I'll send you the info to it so you can upload shit to it too man. l8..

Wordz AhGod 09-04-06 04:35 PM

http://www.soundclick.com/blackrose...ueinstrumentals

I'll be dropping some instrumentals soon enought. If you want rich ...just make a lil thread for this then sticky it man.

Ace Heratoga 09-04-06 06:50 PM

wait we have to use the same instrumental?

TeamOne 09-04-06 07:34 PM

^^^^ yes

Ace Heratoga 09-04-06 07:45 PM

wtf is that shit?

TitoBronsky 09-04-06 07:55 PM

that is the only way to ensure the battle is a True Topical.....

givin both emcees the same beat and topic.... and whoever flips it better is the winner.... how you gonna have a topical League anyway other way????

Wordz AhGod 09-04-06 08:15 PM

word .. IT'll keep shit right coz if you writing to the same topic then why not the same beats? Its something new to try I guess if people actually never thought of it before.

Journal!st 09-04-06 08:33 PM

agreed nice idea tito

Dickard. 09-04-06 11:29 PM

Wordz..put that link on the first page in the instrumentals thread. peace.

Ace Heratoga 09-05-06 12:52 PM

*shrug* if your both on the same topic whats it matter what beat you choose... i ono thats just MY TAKE on it but it is waht it is... lets get it crackin

TitoBronsky 09-05-06 01:30 PM

if yall are given the same shit to work with.... you cant blame a loss on a topic or a beat... nahmean.... its simply the better emcee will prevail.... nothing more... nothing less.... juss the best man emerging victor... period... nahmean???

Willa 09-06-06 03:12 AM

ok so when is this starting cause pretyt much anybody whos active with audio has signed up

Dickard. 09-06-06 07:42 AM

Battles are going up monday, be patient

Jay Rose 09-10-06 12:17 AM

on tito....give a choice from like 2 beats and 2 topics....you dont want everythign to be the same do you....

Dickard. 09-10-06 12:42 AM

the 2 people use the same beat.. this league is going to bring out the best of every1 becuz ur going to have to get creative..and use what ur givin not what you have.

Acuity 09-11-06 03:51 AM

wtf, your giving us beats too choose from? why cant we use our own, this some bullshit...if i dnt find a beat i like, fuck it...i only rap on original beats right now, thought this was an oppurtunity to do some EP material wid some coo topics, wack..you niggaz think too much and make shit over complicated...anything i make under this format is THROWAWAY for me, i cnt release ish on wack ass beats you niggaz choose and upload on soundclick, that are played too fuck with 9million soundclick MC's wid tracks on. fuck outta here.

a topic league is SURELY about who flips the TOPIC... by limiting beats - ur restricting, individual style/flow/delivery and you are restricting creativity...how are you encouraging creativity by limitng it so much...

Wordz AhGod 09-11-06 09:54 AM

How is creativitie being limited? Do you know what you are saying? If anything this causes you to try and become more creative. And you can upload your beats onto that page if you want or you can use another link or beat to your specification but both battles have to use the same beat. This way, it'll have you write towards music you wouldn't normally try out just becouse it aint your thing.

Ace Heratoga 09-11-06 11:28 AM

www.soundclick.com/rehtoricalonesbeats

But i agree with Acuity... i like using original beats too or beats that not everyone knows... but this is a collection of a lot beats... mostly mainstream but that should shut some ppl up

Ace Heratoga 09-11-06 11:29 AM

And fuck not being able to edit..

This is the workin link

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pag...m?bandID=437753

(www.soundclick.com/Rhetoricalonesbeats)

TitoBronsky 09-11-06 11:36 AM

we should run this a few weeks wit the the topics and beats assigned to the battle...

then give that a break... free topic choice ... then a week where we can pick from 2 or 3.... and the same wit the beats... so that it livens it up a lil... mix it up... so that kids can participate here... but at the same time.... be makin music that can be used outside this arena... cuz after readin that argument... it does seem like a valid concern... and shit... i know i wanna be making solo tracks that i'll be able to use on upcomin projects...

Ace Heratoga 09-11-06 10:00 PM

/\/\ Diversity is good... would love to see that cause as the format stands... its kinda ehhh

I could understand a set topic and free choice of beat as a standard practice...

But I'll run with whatever i guess

K.ontroverz.Y 09-12-06 05:05 PM

yo this and the RV radio. need to get together and work out something.

~Luciano~ 09-12-06 07:09 PM

*Yea sumtin like..Battle of the Week*

and Song of the Week

But ya kno Im here 2 take this

Wordz AhGod 09-13-06 12:09 AM

K.ontro...Im feeling that man. I'll even put something in the mag for it. If you come up with any ideas just PM and I'll post em up some where...it helps to give people something more to look foward to man.