RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   My 1st Martial Arts class was tonight (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=236892)

Tha .Q 11-07-06 10:01 PM

My 1st Martial Arts class was tonight

And, I have to say that I enjoyed it.

1st off, I was nervous as hell when I arrived. I didn't know what to expect. But, one thing they teach there is politeness. So, I was greeted warmly by everyone there. What I didn't expect, however, was that the class would proceed at the pace it normally does. I was thrust into the routines without any prepping...I must say it was a shock. I'm already in pretty good shape, so I was able to keep up with the stretching/push ups/crunches/running/etc. However, I was lost when it came to the chants and counting.

I learned about 3 self defense moves tonight. It's very intersting because they teach you sensitive pressure points of the body. The instructor, Master Andrews, noticed that was doing a certain move incorrectly and smacked me in the face...lol...From that point on, I was quick with the motion.

He said I did a great job for my 1st time and even said I looked like I took martial arts before. My next class is Thursday.

Man, this stuff is interestin..

Past Tense 11-07-06 10:03 PM

thats pretty cool dude

I was in that shit when I was like 6

Tha .Q 11-07-06 10:05 PM

U interested in gettin back in it?

Sir Smash'Alot 11-07-06 10:36 PM

i cant find a good place out here in miami

Sean Gunner 11-07-06 10:36 PM

Ya, be ready for a lot of repitition though.

Terumoto 11-07-06 11:09 PM

Word man. Sounds like a cool place.

JTR 11-07-06 11:16 PM

LOL @ The dude smacking you in the face for doing a move wrong

PWNED

Oh man, and you caught me while I was high, thank you for that

Terumoto 11-07-06 11:49 PM

Oh yeah by the way, what was that about the other day when you pmed me?

Past Tense 11-07-06 11:57 PM

Nah not really I'm just interested in getting in better shape because i'm working on my "image" lol...I've lost 12 pounds since i've moved though which is a good thing :)...iono is it really that great?

Tha .Q 11-08-06 04:43 AM

^^ good stuff man

and Teru...jus wanted to shoot the bull

La Cosa Nostra 11-08-06 05:05 AM

Good shit man..

Jus remember technique is cool.......But if you really wanna learn to fight, you gotta get into real fights with real people and put what you learn to practice occaisionally...

Otherwise your ability is all in your head.........

Tha .Q 11-08-06 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Good shit man..

Jus remember technique is cool.......But if you really wanna learn to fight, you gotta get into real fights with real people and put what you learn to practice occaisionally...

Otherwise your ability is all in your head.........

I feel u...But, we are doing that in the class...We partner up and practice attackin each other...Last night, I learned how to get out of a headlock...Then, I learned how to twist someone's arm and take them down with 1 finger.

I feel u tho...If I don't practice that, it'll be more theory than anything.

Mad Dog 11-08-06 05:39 AM

Nos when you say real people you dont mean like in bars 'n' shit i hope lol

coz most martial art schools enter tournaments so i'd suggest Q that you enter those and fight people who are also trained coz that'll help ya skills ten fold

but ye man i've always wanted to get back into it...

La Cosa Nostra 11-08-06 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T ha Q
I feel u...But, we are doing that in the class...We partner up and practice attackin each other...Last night, I learned how to get out of a headlock...Then, I learned how to twist someone's arm and take them down with 1 finger.

I feel u tho...If I don't practice that, it'll be more theory than anything.

Practice isnt like a real fight bro...

La Cosa Nostra 11-08-06 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog
Nos when you say real people you dont mean like in bars 'n' shit i hope lol

coz most martial art schools enter tournaments so i'd suggest Q that you enter those and fight people who are also trained coz that'll help ya skills ten fold

but ye man i've always wanted to get back into it...

Theres no emotion in practice and tournaments...

Take on two or more people if you wanna improve your skills ten fold...

Mad Dog 11-08-06 05:58 AM

Quote:
Theres no emotion in practice and tournaments...

Take on two or more people if you wanna improve your skills ten fold...

bruv it aint about kicking the shit out of people...besides why fight some piss head and not even try when you can go up against someone who's trained like you are and you can outclass the dude...

Mad Dog 11-08-06 06:00 AM

and how you say there's no emotion in tournaments?

you're fighting for pride and representing your martial arts school and there's trophies 'n' shit

you don't come home from a night out and say "oh i won a medal for beating up a drunk delinquent"

La Cosa Nostra 11-08-06 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog
bruv it aint about kicking the shit out of people...besides why fight some piss head and not even try when you can go up against someone who's trained like you are and you can outclass the dude...

Fighting aint about kicking the shit out of people?

Huh?

You'll find there are a lot of people out there who can seriously outclass a well trained by a school of martial arts fighter due to straight up experience over technique..

Mad Dog 11-08-06 06:49 AM

Quote:
Fighting aint about kicking the shit out of people?

Huh?

You'll find there are a lot of people out there who can seriously outclass a well trained by a school of martial arts fighter due to straight up experience over technique..

i didn't say fighting wasn't about kicking the shit out of people...i meant martial arts...

and i also didn't say that people who do martial arts can take out anybody either

why put words in my mouth lol

but basically if you're gonna do martial arts to go out on a friday/saturday night and use it to basically show off then ya pretty sad...save it for the tournaments...and also it don't land you in any trouble with the law...it's a decent thing to learn because of the teachings behind the art and it's people who say "oh go fight people in the street you'll get MUCH better" ignoring the fact that you may get KILLED because of your stupidity and ignorance to the discipline it teaches that bug me...

it's self defense...so if i was gonna use it on the streets...it'd be for that and that only...unless thats what you're trying to say as well...is it?

R.Christensen 11-08-06 10:24 AM

I still prefer MMA training...

much harder training... its like bootcamp 6 days a week

Mad Dog 11-08-06 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Christensen
I still prefer MMA training...

much harder training... its like bootcamp 6 days a week

i jus got ya avy...

dope :thumbup:

R.Christensen 11-08-06 10:41 AM

lmao @ how many people havent known what my avy is

Mad Dog 11-08-06 10:42 AM

Quote:
lmao @ how many people havent known what my avy is

kinda convenient given the thread we're in ain't it lol :thumbup:

Tha .Q 11-08-06 10:58 AM

yea

its about self control and discipline

Though, I will know how to "kick someone's ass" as you put it

Tha .Q 11-08-06 11:02 AM

OH...and have you ever taken martial arts NOS?

I mean, even on my 1st day, there was a lot of energy and emotion involved

Like Mad Dog said, it's about self defense...But, I will be well trained in the art of "kickin yo ass" if need be

Mad Dog 11-08-06 11:02 AM

Quote:
yea

its about self control and discipline

Though, I will know how to "kick someone's ass" as you put it

thats basically it...

i remember once our sensei was telling us about one of his pupils who had just come back from holiday in Belgium (he was in our class and there at the time) and while he was out there, he got attacked by 3 muggers @ knife point and he used what he was taught to disarm them and floor them...called the police and they got arrested.

i was like...WOW...it's one of the things i regretted about not sticking to it although i know enough to look after myself but i would of liked to stick @ it and enter competitions

Mad Dog 11-08-06 11:06 AM

god this thread is jus makin wanna sign up and start all over again

Tha .Q 11-08-06 11:08 AM

Yea

we're gonna be trained in 3 ways

hand to hand
hand to Weapon
Weapon to Weapon

^^That's what I can't wait to learn

R.Christensen 11-08-06 11:13 AM

hand to weapon...

Krav Maga is the shit

PrahJect 11-08-06 01:09 PM

to be honest fam, its a bunch a bullshit all this martial art shit, YOURE NEVER GONNA NEED IT HONESTLY, if someone well where I am tryna jack ya shit, he got a gat, so you got instinct and perhaps a weapon too, however it can be useful if u in the suburbs and got like a 10 yr old kid tryna jack u but u in DC and I know u aint in the burbs lol, you need 2 be strapped

Nynth Degree 11-08-06 01:33 PM

What martial art are you studying?

Compose 11-08-06 01:48 PM

rofl you sound like a little kid in elementary school for real

R.Christensen 11-08-06 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrahJect
to be honest fam, its a bunch a bullshit all this martial art shit, YOURE NEVER GONNA NEED IT HONESTLY, if someone well where I am tryna jack ya shit, he got a gat, so you got instinct and perhaps a weapon too, however it can be useful if u in the suburbs and got like a 10 yr old kid tryna jack u but u in DC and I know u aint in the burbs lol, you need 2 be strapped

You are an idiot.
95% of people will not use a gun even if they have one...
99% will be very hesitent and choppy while using it....

Training things such as Krav Maga gives you a much higher chance of disarming someone with a weapon. I've been attacked by a person with a knife and my training gave me the upper hand.

Knowledge is one of the best weapons a person can have.

Have you ever shot someone over bullshit? I bet not. I also bet you would be nervous as shit trying to do so...

Someone with a calm level head would likely disarm you.

Tha .Q 11-08-06 03:50 PM

lol

o boy

it's about self disciple and control for me...this is a personal journey

Nynth Degree 11-08-06 05:09 PM

Quote:
lol

o boy

it's about self disciple and control for me...this is a personal journey

Lol, when isn't martial arts a personal journey?

And again, what art are you studying?

PrahJect 11-08-06 05:48 PM

Quote:
You are an idiot.

Training things such as Krav Maga gives you a much higher chance of disarming someone with a weapon. I've been attacked by a person with a knife and my training gave me the upper hand.

Have you ever shot someone over bullshit? I bet not. I also bet you would be nervous as shit trying to do so...

lol fuck this bulshit nigga ill shoot ya ass and ya karma loving zen rise to the sky buddhist shit can rest in the grave witchu, nukka...

hood niggas know...a gun vs a person aint even deal, aight tell u what dawg, get the Iraq niggas into this bulshit martial arts and get em fightin american army wiht that...lol..NEGRO PLEASE..

PrahJect 11-08-06 05:51 PM

Quote:
You are an idiot.

regarding ya gun claim, i have used one and no not shakey, first time yes, but u dnt even knw why that popped off and i was 8, but nope..let me be shakey after dude is dead

Mr.Christensen 11-08-06 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrahJect
lol fuck this bulshit nigga ill shoot ya ass and ya karma loving zen rise to the sky buddhist shit can rest in the grave witchu, nukka...

hood niggas know...a gun vs a person aint even deal, aight tell u what dawg, get the Iraq niggas into this bulshit martial arts and get em fightin american army wiht that...lol..NEGRO PLEASE..

You are a dumb kid that has never killed anyone. Dont act hard.

I would punk you in person, period.

Like you are going to risk going to jail for the rest of your life for some random bullshit... and if you are, you should be dead anyhow. Its people like you that ruin a society. Dumb niggas kill dumb niggas over dumb nigga shit... Boondocks said it best.

Me.. I dont fall into that category. I'm the guy that minds my own business, and if someone like you tried something... well likely they would end up on the ground, out cold, with their wallet missing and the cops showing up on their doorstep after I turned the wallet over.

See... the intelligent people can defend themselves without degrading themself to carrying a gun.

Tha .Q 11-08-06 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Winters
Lol, when isn't martial arts a personal journey?

And again, what art are you studying?

nah...I was stressing it's a personal journey for those who claim Im wasting my time

Also, it's a mixed martia arts class

Vango 11-08-06 06:17 PM

I'm a black belt, you might not be cut out for it Q.