RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   The Prestige. Who watched it? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=240523)

J. Luth 03-08-07 10:19 AM

The Prestige. Who watched it?

word, shit was ill as movie f'real. Dude who plays batman acts in it. shit was illy. better than departed i thought :shoot:

N.Tavarez 03-08-07 10:38 AM

the prestige was ILL son i loved it
i watched it for and hour each day maybe thats why i never found it boring but Im gonna peep the illusionist if you say its better

∆ P E X X 03-08-07 11:17 AM

man i been meaning to see this for a long time. and it looks like i'll see it in 2hrs 41 minutes

J. Luth 03-08-07 11:52 AM

^WORD son, it's prolly dopest movie I seen that came out in 06, no other one's come to mind.

J Summers 03-08-07 11:56 AM

Apparently you haven't seen the pick of destiny

Tha .Q 03-08-07 12:29 PM

Great movie

.Ike. 03-08-07 03:18 PM

yea best movie ive seen in a long long time

Crazy Hades 03-08-07 05:44 PM

The Prestige owns The Illusionist. The 'twist' at the end was stupid.

∆ P E X X 03-09-07 10:29 PM

remarkable. simply remarkable.

J. Luth 03-09-07 10:58 PM

^WORD SON WORD!! i loved that movie, such a dope idea. i mean shit i was kinda skeptical first cuz of it being about magicians. but it's amazing movie, best i seen in a while

TeamOne 03-09-07 11:08 PM

dude thats so fuckin coincidental, cuz i saw this movie last night...... well for the second time, but yea i thought this movie was so much better than the illusionist... and u really have to pay attention to this whole movie to really understand it....

Terumoto 03-10-07 12:03 AM

My gf kept bugging me to see this, I thought it was gonna be shit... But when I saw it, it was dope.

∆ P E X X 03-10-07 12:28 AM

when i saw the previewsi thought it was gonna be dope, i mean, christian bale don't make garbage, and nicola tesla in a movie?? that man is liek a god to me, so on the strength of either of those i knew i had to see it.

but the movie is most definitely greater than the sum of its parts, and thats saying something.

Terumoto 03-10-07 02:54 AM

I think the style of the preview and posters reminded me of that movie "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" or whatever it was called... That movie was so boring. I never want to watch that movie again in my life. I always somehow end up watching it, and it's so shit.. I don't even remember what happens in it and I've seen it a few times.

Zone Out 03-10-07 03:11 AM

Excuse me?
The League of Extraordinary Gentleman was dope as hell, bruv

∆ P E X X 03-10-07 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
I think the style of the preview and posters reminded me of that movie "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" or whatever it was called... That movie was so boring. I never want to watch that movie again in my life. I always somehow end up watching it, and it's so shit.. I don't even remember what happens in it and I've seen it a few times.

lol oh man, that's sad. lol i dunno, maybe we saw different previews cuz i never got that impression, thankfully lol.

Terumoto 03-10-07 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Out
Excuse me?
The League of Extraordinary Gentleman was dope as hell, bruv

It seemed to just drag on and on and on... You know, cool concept and all, interesting characters. They all gather, blah blah, they have unique powers or skills, they do a bit of stuff. Then was the time for the climax and end. Instead it just drags on and then they go on a ship or something, then by the time they are in the snow for some reason doing God knows what, I really don't give a shit anymore.

And don't get my wrong, it's not like I have a short attention span or anything, I watched LOTR without any problems...

∆ P E X X 03-10-07 01:35 PM

man its a totally differen movie the second time around. dman i wanna talk about it so bad but i know there's a lot of cats that ain't seen it sooo........

yeah. you guys who aint seen it suck basically lol

Zone Out 03-10-07 01:39 PM

I might go see it today just for you Apexx
but i really wanna go see umm... 300
that shit looks spectacular

∆ P E X X 03-10-07 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Out
I might go see it today just for you Apexx
but i really wanna go see umm... 300
that shit looks spectacular

see it for me? why would you see it for me?

Zone Out 03-10-07 02:31 PM

lol, I was TRYIN to be funny when I said that but lol @ my sig
i can watch this shit over and over and just be crackin up

∆ P E X X 03-10-07 06:26 PM

lol word up. first time i seen thta vid i thought i was gonna shit my pants.

then i did!

J. Luth 03-10-07 06:32 PM

^LOL but yo word apexx who cares if mofos ain't seen it, just be like "SPOILERS BELOW SON!" and talk about it, nah mean?

SPOILERS BELOW

word to the twin :cool:

∆ P E X X 03-10-07 08:31 PM

lol word, i ain't feel liek doing the whole spoiler thing. but watching it the second time around makes it man, ovies brilliant.

Compose 03-10-07 08:38 PM

i downloaded the movie and saw it after i saw you made a thread about it, i was gonna see it but wasnt sure what it was about, dope ass movie though

∆ P E X X 03-10-07 08:43 PM

^aye man, hows that reading material working out for you?

J. Luth 03-10-07 08:57 PM

SPOILERS BELOW!!!

yea Apexx especially that whole, I love you thing where wife was like "Today you mean it!" and etc. real dope

∆ P E X X 03-10-07 11:46 PM

spoliers son:

yeah man, whole movie takes on a diffrent context when you watch it the second time around. from the beginning to the end, from the point where you hear one of the twins go "are you watching closely" waaaaaayy at the beginning. then he speaks about "we were 2 men, out to blah blah blah, 2 men that never meant to hurt anybody, 2 men who etc etc etc". erythang is in a diff context mayne

Civil. 03-11-07 12:06 AM

yessir..........

J. Luth 03-11-07 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
spoliers son:

yeah man, whole movie takes on a diffrent context when you watch it the second time around. from the beginning to the end, from the point where you hear one of the twins go "are you watching closely" waaaaaayy at the beginning. then he speaks about "we were 2 men, out to blah blah blah, 2 men that never meant to hurt anybody, 2 men who etc etc etc". erythang is in a diff context mayne

word man, definately that movie was crazy.
it's same dude who directed batman I think. lol and he kept batman and Alfred in the movie lool But yea, I expected dope ass movie when i knew Christian Bale and that director were part of this.

but just wandering what are your top 10 movies? PRestige on the list?

Phenom-in-all 03-12-07 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
spoliers son:

I jus came in here to say it was better the 2nd time around, but yea. co-sign. Second time around, you're watching for little things about the twins, and you notice how well the movie was thought out and put together. Some lines are actually funny after you've seen it and go back and know what they're talking about. word.