RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Harry Potter anyone? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=243253)

Logic The Goonie 07-14-07 09:03 PM

Harry Potter anyone?

I've read all the books so far, and in a week I'm having the last one delivered to my house the day of it's release. Are there any other nerds here who want to debate what's going to happen?

Logic The Goonie 07-15-07 12:20 AM

Meaning that when the series started I was 8. I've pretty much grown up with the series, for lack of a better term, so I'm not embarrassed at all.

Terumoto 07-15-07 12:29 AM

When I was young I didn't really have the patience or concentration required to get into books like Harry Potter... So I'm not really into them, but my gf is a huge fan.

07-15-07 12:59 AM

me and my two girlfriends hate it.

TeamOne 07-15-07 05:10 PM

helll yea son.... so this means u read a book n****, a fuckin book n****?!?!?!

but yea... im 18, too... so same story with how well it is to relate... cuz in alot of ways we grew up with these books... we were usually around the same age as the main characters.... were wat... only 1 year older than 7th book Harry...

too bad he wont make it to voting age, biatch

Logic The Goonie 07-16-07 12:21 AM

I swear Harry's going to live, I bet Ron will sacrifice himself for Harry somehow, mark my words. And I really want to discuss with someone what they think is going to happen with the search for Horcruxes, ya dig?

TeamOne 07-16-07 12:44 AM

welll if u saw the cover of the british book... theres all this money flyin all over the place... so i think one must be in that bank, gringotts.... one (assuming RAB is Regulus Black) is probably at grimauld place... or like kreacher stole it and has is somewhere (i just read order of the phoenix... and i noticed somethin alot of other people pointed out to me, which was that Kreacher kept tryin to steal shit from thtat drawing room... and that at one point they say somethin about "there was a lockout no one could open"......

if u get me some sort of reply on that shit... we can start up a riveting debate....

Terumoto 07-16-07 12:55 AM

ハリー ポター は つまらない です。

Logic The Goonie 07-16-07 12:57 AM

The locket I doubt, they completely ignored it in the OOTP movie and I think if it were that important Rowling would have the director put it in. The Gringotts thing I agree with, it's actually quite obvious. However, I don't think Harry will find all the Horcruxes, the book is simply too short to answer all the open questions, finish the story AND have him find the remaining Horcruxes, considering it took Dumbledore almost all of book 6 to find one. Then again, who really knows? lol. What do you think about Snape?

Terumoto 07-16-07 01:23 AM

What exactly is a horcrux?

p4ntzistheish 07-16-07 01:29 AM

I stopped at 5. I just didn't feel compelled to read anymore. Don't know why.

Logic The Goonie 07-16-07 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
What exactly is a horcrux?

When a wizard in the Harry Potter world kills someone, they can split their soul and embed it in an object, so that even if "they" die, a part of their soul still lives on in that object and they can come back because technically, their soul still exists on earth. It makes them immortal as long as the Horcrux isn't destroyed. However, Voldemort (the main bad guy) is suspected of actually splitting his soul into SEVEN (the most powerful magical number) pieces, as to truly avoid death.

Terumoto 07-16-07 01:41 AM

So they have to find all of them and destroy all of them to really kill Voldemort, ay..

Logic The Goonie 07-16-07 01:44 AM

Pretty much. Voldemort himself still has 1/7th of his soul, and 2 known Horcruxes have already been found and destroyed. So, that only leaves 4 more to go. =/

TeamOne 07-16-07 11:49 AM

dude..... i either think Snape is a good guy, or hes not actually faiithful to Voldy and is out to OVERtake him.... Snape seems powerful enough to at least put up a good fight.... one theory i like, although its such a circumstantial theory it would take like the whole book to reveal it, is that mcgonagall is a death eater..... for one thing, it says somewhere that they went to school together at the same time.... and a good example of how she acts really suspiciously is basically the first chapter of the first book... i could link u if u just wanna read somethin cool, but i doubt its gonna be true

TeamOne 07-16-07 11:53 AM

but also.... i feel like the horcruxes (all of them except maybe 1) have to be places that Harry has already been, or atleast has been mentioned a few times throughout the books... Rowling keeps saying that a very careful reader should be able to find out most of the answers to the last book by reading the first 6.... so im takin that as meaning we should be able to find out where the horcruxes might be... and maybe what the last one is.....

btw... wat do u think about the title??? until i remembered that Harrys Parents got killed on Halloween (All Hallows Eve) i thought the title made no sense cuz there's no like... noun in it.... do u think the titles just refering to harrys parents death (which would prolly make godrics hollow really important in the book) or do u think theres gonna be somethin in the book called a Hallow... blah

Logic The Goonie 07-16-07 11:55 AM

About the title.....no idea. lmao

p4ntzistheish 07-16-07 06:34 PM

OMG HArry'z scar is teh horcrux!!!!!11!!!!1!!!! lol Wouldn't that be some shit. Haha.

TeamOne 07-17-07 01:13 AM

im pretty sure ur bein a bitch and mockin harry potter fans...... cuz it sounds like wat alot of people would say.... wat i think is funny is that people try to say that harry isnt a horcrux because of that one scene with the like one smoke-snake thing became two smoke-snakes or watever-the-fuck and dumbledore goes "in essence divided" (showin that i guess they arent totally connected) ..... but that would actually sorta support him being a horcrux because the ONE snake SPLIT into TWO, which is what would happen to a soul if it murdered someone.... so although they are literally separated, they are fully connected

i still wouldnt want harry to be a horcrux tho... whether he lives or dies it would be really stupid to not have harry in the final fight against voldy... and also, dumbledore said it would be stupid to make a living thing a horcrux.... i also wonder if killing the person who is a horcrux also destroys the horcrux... theres just way too much shit to explain if harry is a horcrux, especially the fact that voldy tried to kill him multiple times....

Terumoto 07-17-07 03:55 AM

I'll tell you all what happens in the last book. You can choose to believe it or not.

Dobby, Snape, Burbage, Scrimgeour, Hedwig, Wormtail, Mad-Eye Moody and Voldemort die.

-TeamOne- 07-17-07 12:42 PM

dumbasses, dumbledore isnt dead

Ragnarok 07-17-07 04:25 PM

Voldemort Kills Hermione. Ron fights back with some unforgivable curses but gets badly beaten down by Voldemort.
Snape kills Voldemort with the help of Wormtail after Harry destroys last Horcrux.

Ragnarok 07-17-07 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TeamOne-
dumbasses, dumbledore isnt dead

Your a dick JK said it herself and made it sure that he is really dead.

TeamOne 07-17-07 04:30 PM

nice ahhhhhhh theory....

Ragnarok 07-17-07 05:09 PM

Lol dead people spoilers:

Burbage dies on pg. 12
Hedwig dies on pg. 56
Mad-Eye dies on pg. 78
Scrimgeour dies on pg. 159
Wormtail dies on pg. 471
Dobby dies on pg. 476
Snape dies on pg. 658
Fred Weasley dies on pg. 637
Harry gets fucked up by Voldemort on pg. 704
Comes back to life on pg. 724
Tonks, Lupin, and Colin Creevy have their deaths confirmed on pg. 743
Voldemort kills himself on pg. 743
19 years after the events in the book:

Ron has married Hermione, their two children are named Rose and Hugo
Harry has married Ginny, their three children are named Lily, James, and Albus Severus.
Draco Malfoy has a son named Scorpius
The epilogue shows all of the children boarding the train for Hogwarts together.

The final lines of the book are:

"The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well."
"NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH!" : Molly Weasley, to Bellatrix Lestrange, P. 736
Also: Draco Malfoy is balding by the end of the book.

The real Spoilers!!

p4ntzistheish 07-17-07 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOne
im pretty sure ur bein a bitch and mockin harry potter fans...... cuz it sounds like wat alot of people would say.... wat i think is funny is that people try to say that harry isnt a horcrux because of that one scene with the like one smoke-snake thing became two smoke-snakes or watever-the-fuck and dumbledore goes "in essence divided" (showin that i guess they arent totally connected) ..... but that would actually sorta support him being a horcrux because the ONE snake SPLIT into TWO, which is what would happen to a soul if it murdered someone.... so although they are literally separated, they are fully connected

i still wouldnt want harry to be a horcrux tho... whether he lives or dies it would be really stupid to not have harry in the final fight against voldy... and also, dumbledore said it would be stupid to make a living thing a horcrux.... i also wonder if killing the person who is a horcrux also destroys the horcrux... theres just way too much shit to explain if harry is a horcrux, especially the fact that voldy tried to kill him multiple times....

Yeah. I was. Glad you caught on. the only thing is I'm a Harry potter fan, just not to the point that I try to figure shit out. I just read the books and wait. I stopped at 5 cuz I just grew out of them. I'm only getting 7 because it drops on my birthday and I know I'm getting one from some of my relatives.

Terumoto 07-18-07 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok
Lol dead people spoilers:

Burbage dies on pg. 12
Hedwig dies on pg. 56
Mad-Eye dies on pg. 78
Scrimgeour dies on pg. 159
Wormtail dies on pg. 471
Dobby dies on pg. 476
Snape dies on pg. 658
Fred Weasley dies on pg. 637
Harry gets fucked up by Voldemort on pg. 704
Comes back to life on pg. 724
Tonks, Lupin, and Colin Creevy have their deaths confirmed on pg. 743
Voldemort kills himself on pg. 743
19 years after the events in the book:

Ron has married Hermione, their two children are named Rose and Hugo
Harry has married Ginny, their three children are named Lily, James, and Albus Severus.
Draco Malfoy has a son named Scorpius
The epilogue shows all of the children boarding the train for Hogwarts together.

The final lines of the book are:

"The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well."
"NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH!" : Molly Weasley, to Bellatrix Lestrange, P. 736
Also: Draco Malfoy is balding by the end of the book.

The real Spoilers!!

Yup... That just about somes it up.

.Eternal. 07-18-07 10:09 AM

1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix
6. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

mehh. 6 books. files like 6MB but its all there

http://www.zshare.net/download/26713700f50ff1/

not really interested in harry potter. well maybe cuz last movie ive seen was the 1st one. i liked it. lol. ima read these after. i got all summer n shit

Ragnarok 07-18-07 02:12 PM

They never said anything about RAB and that was like the biggest Query after the 6th book.

Logic The Goonie 07-22-07 04:37 PM

Spolier Alert!!!!

RAB was Regulus Black.

Anyways, I stopped posting in here after I saw spoilers were in it, which I should have known would happen, but why people would try to ruin it for people who just wanted to find out the real way is beyond me, just general douchebaggery in my book. However, I finished the book and can confirm that many of the spoilers in here were true, but really, in the end, don't matter because they are merely facts without there being an answer to WHY they are.

WTF @ niggas dying before page 100 though, shit was crazy.

smokedout05 07-24-07 03:06 PM

Damn good book....The last 100 pages were amazing.

Grimmy 07-24-07 03:37 PM

DAMN i dont like it lol

J. Luth 07-24-07 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic/Socrates

Meaning that when the series started I was 8. I've pretty much grown up with the series, for lack of a better term, so I'm not embarrassed at all.

co-sign.

i read em too lol

Ragnarok 07-24-07 11:28 PM

Same Thing.
I don't get that whoel snape loving lily shit. It looks like a last thought up thing to write up on the book. I mean Snape has insult both harry parent before somewhere in the first three books but then it is shown that he love her or some shit....

TeamOne 07-25-07 02:04 AM

^^^^^ naw, that was always part of the series.... i think i even remember them mentioning in one of the earlier books that snape liked her.... but either way i thought it made alot of sense... especially since it was already known that voldemort told lily to move out of the way, that he would spare her if he let her kill harry... so it makes sense that it was snapes request.... the only weird thing about it to me was how borderline stalkerish he seemed... but i understood wat i think Rowling was trying to do... i think she was just tryin to make him seem like a very awkward, confused, and anti-suave kid, so ofcourse he would say REALLY weird stuff like "i've been watchin u for a while" wen even if its true, u know u shouldnt say to a girl... hahah

Logic The Goonie 07-25-07 11:56 AM

The saddest shit ever is him telling Harry to look at him before he died so he could look into the same eyes of the woman he loved. That dude was in loooooooooooooove.

p4ntzistheish 07-25-07 12:05 PM

Haha I feel so awsome for my joke spoiler now.

Ragnarok 07-25-07 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOne
^^^^^ naw, that was always part of the series.... i think i even remember them mentioning in one of the earlier books that snape liked her.... but either way i thought it made alot of sense... especially since it was already known that voldemort told lily to move out of the way, that he would spare her if he let her kill harry... so it makes sense that it was snapes request.... the only weird thing about it to me was how borderline stalkerish he seemed... but i understood wat i think Rowling was trying to do... i think she was just tryin to make him seem like a very awkward, confused, and anti-suave kid, so ofcourse he would say REALLY weird stuff like "i've been watchin u for a while" wen even if its true, u know u shouldnt say to a girl... hahah

He hated harry for the fact that his failures to save lily.
so everytime he looks at harrys face with hate it is the hatred he has on himself for not saving lily since harry has lilys eyes.