RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   thinkin about the army. (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=245188)

Valerie 01-10-08 07:48 AM

thinkin about the army.

yup Im thinkin about serving for my country. who else here is or has besides Enygma.

La Cosa Nostra 01-10-08 07:57 AM

Thats one thing I would never consider.......

Valerie 01-10-08 08:46 AM

but when the fuck has Australia been to war?

there the most non fighting country next to canada.

Indeph 01-10-08 08:48 AM

How long have you been playing Call of Duty 4?

KOOL COL-B 01-10-08 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Poetic.

are you fucking serious? i live in Canada and almost every male in my family is/has bin in tha army and fought. i have cousins in fighting in Afghanistan right now. smh. werd

01-10-08 11:47 AM

poetic's a fucking retard tho

and no I wouldn't fight for my country's moronic ass wars either

maybe vs. Canada or Mexico.

but the Canadian one would be retarded.

Mexican one would be beneficial for Americans even if you're Mexican.

but we don't have to worry about those wars. America plans to have sex with both, make babies and break borders.

iamthatdude87 01-10-08 12:21 PM

ya know what they say bout ppl joinin the army.

they Aint Ready to be a Marine Yet

Enygma 01-10-08 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENSTINCTZ
ya know what they say bout ppl joinin the army.

they Aint Ready to be a Marine Yet

Actually, the Marines are just a small part of the Navy.......thats right, the gay ass Navy. The Army has more jobs than any other service and even the most elite of jobs such as Special Forces or Delta Force. I know a lot about Special Forces, and I can guarantee you that being Special Forces is a lot more challenging than being a Marine. Marines are mindless grunts that are sent in to be bullet stoppers.

But yeah, anyone that wants to know about the army and what it has to offer, just let me know. I actually just got back from school for retention, so I know a shit load of what you can get in the army :thumbup:

Ohh yeah, back to the original question.......Ill Grammatix was in the army too and for those who remember Black Thief, he was in the army for a very short time as well :thumbup:

01-10-08 01:16 PM

You know what US ARMY stands for backwards?

Yes My Retarded Ass Signed Up.

Enygma 01-10-08 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
You know what US ARMY stands for backwards?

Yes My Retarded Ass Signed Up.

Sure does......and forward it stands for Uncle Sam Ain't Released Me Yet :thumbup:

Ysdat 01-10-08 02:11 PM

Quote:

When you state something with you uneducated ass, at least google it first to not look like a absolute retard.

01-10-08 02:32 PM

an*

common mistake :o

iamthatdude87 01-10-08 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygma
Actually, the Marines are just a small part of the Navy.......thats right, the gay ass Navy. The Army has more jobs than any other service and even the most elite of jobs such as Special Forces or Delta Force. I know a lot about Special Forces, and I can guarantee you that being Special Forces is a lot more challenging than being a Marine. Marines are mindless grunts that are sent in to be bullet stoppers.

But yeah, anyone that wants to know about the army and what it has to offer, just let me know. I actually just got back from school for retention, so I know a shit load of what you can get in the army :thumbup:

Ohh yeah, back to the original question.......Ill Grammatix was in the army too and for those who remember Black Thief, he was in the army for a very short time as well :thumbup:

LOL I WAS JUS MESSIN ARROUND...

WhoAmI 01-10-08 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph

lmfao my thoughts exactly :laugh:

Brydon 01-10-08 07:30 PM

Fuck serving your country, the whole thing is a joke! Yeah you need protection, from the crazy fucks who decide to try take over this world but otherwise your just another idiot, doing what your told/living like a slave to some rich knob wanting more then he needs.So i'd never do such a stupid thing unless someone who is charge listens to the public, and changes what actually needs to be changed.In other words i'd only serve or stick up for someone who believes in what the majority thinks is right, and more importantly what i think is right.So ask urself is the person your serving for doing everything you believe in? Also have they made a decision you totally dis-agree with, if so fuck considering offering your life for them.Personnely i dont think theres any president/prime minister out there at this moment of time who does enough for there country.Fuck the govenment until we see alot of change.without us there fucked, so i wish everyone went on strike in anyway until the public get what they want-obviously in reason.Fuck being a slave to something you dont believe in.

Enygma 01-10-08 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENSTINCTZ
LOL I WAS JUS MESSIN ARROUND...

I know....just had to throw my 2 cents in :thumbup:

Valerie 01-11-08 03:42 AM

Call of duty 4 has nothing 2 do with it im watching actual War videos in Iraq filmed gun battles. and Honestly I can give a fuck less what you shit bags think. I'll have benefits out the fuckin ass.

Terumoto 01-11-08 06:28 AM

OK, so you want to fight in a war against people you don't even know, people that have absolutely nothing to do with you at all, for the sake of your country.

The very same country that would be paying you to be a pawn in a game of idiocy, in which you are put in situations where your life is at risk. Meaning that a bit of pride and some oil is worth more to the country you're serving than your well being is.

I don't know much about the state of the war, but I do know that patriotism for such a gay reason is pretty lame. Maybe if you were thankful for the opportunities living in America has brought you, and the wonderful life you have been allowed to live because of your country, and you want to give something back, then that might be at least a passable reason to want to join the army.

But honestly, you can't hide from us that you are just a kid who saw some videos of "cool" (what the fuck?) gun battles, and you want to do what you saw in the videos.

Seriously, you are being an idiot. No amount of money or benefits should be enough to persuade you to kill another person that you know nothing about, or to put yourself in a situation as dangerous as war.

But hey, you probably don't give a shit. Most people with similar mindsets as you don't. Then they end up joining the army and posting videos on youtube of them laughing while killing people, patting each other on the back for fucking murder, and shouting out that they "got one!"

It might not be noticeable since we're so immersed in this time period, but to be honest, we live in a really backwards, primitive, and idiotic era.

Enygma 01-11-08 09:39 AM

I don't think he's doing it for the blood and guts. He hasn't mentioned that at all to be honest. All he did was counter the "You're playing too much Call for Duty 4" with, "No, I'm educating myself on what is really going on over in Iraq." He also mentioned benefits out the ass in his last post which is true. The army will pay for 100% of your medical to include your immediate family (wife, kids, etc.). You also get a free place to live, and if all those free places are taken up, they give you extra money to go find a place to live. They also give you free food, or if you live with your spouse and kids, they give you extra money so you won't have to sit in a dining facility and eat without your family every night. The list goes on and on about all the benefits the army has to offer, but it would take me too long to write them all out to people who could really care less.

WhoAmI 01-11-08 09:48 AM

although im not interested in joining the armed forces i actually am interested in what you have to say seeing as you have first hand experience

feel free to elaborate

*Froze* 01-11-08 09:58 AM

Quote:
Call of duty 4 has nothing 2 do with it im watching actual War videos in Iraq filmed gun battles. and Honestly I can give a fuck less what you shit bags think. I'll have benefits out the fuckin ass.

Canada isn't in Iraq, that's the problem...

Enygma 01-11-08 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Froze*

Canada is in Iraq. They are not as heavily in there as the US is, but they're there :thumbup:

Enygma 01-11-08 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmanner
although im not interested in joining the armed forces i actually am interested in what you have to say seeing as you have first hand experience

feel free to elaborate

I haven't been to Iraq yet, but I've been in the army for over 6 years. Actually, I think I just went over 7. I'm married, I have 3 kids with my wife and I have a kid who I pay child support for who lives with his mom in Philly. I live in a brand new 2 story, 4 bedroom, 2100 (or so) square feet house for free on base. There's a military hospital on base that I can take my kids to 24/7 for anything......even a little fever at 3:00 in the morning and I don't pay a thing for it. My dental is free, but I pay a small co-pay for my family since the army doesn't do dental work on civilians. I have more than enough money to live on, so I bought myself a new 2007 Chevy Impala. The army paid me about $3,000 to go to school in Fort Jackson, SC for 2 months because I was away from my family and all the out of pocket expenses it cost me. I've got to experience a whole different culture when I was stationed in Germany for 3 years. When I'm not at work I can do whatever I please and go where ever I want. I also get 30 days paid leave every year.....and if I don't use them up, they carry over to the next year. I use the free gym on post (we have 3 of them on post here) to work out or play basketball. It also has an indoor pool. I can now use my army experience to get a job in human resources since I'm in retention. If I don't like where I'm at, there are ways to move to a different base if its available. When I deploy (looking like May) I will get hazard pay, separation pay, and all kinds of other pay that will nearly double my current salary. When I get into Iraq, I will be sitting in an office most of the time working on reenlistments of all the Soldiers working hard to keep our country free. Their reenlistment bonuses are averaging around $20,000 and if they reenlist in Iraq, its tax free. Their normal pay in Iraq is tax free also. The army also offers 100% tuition assistance for accredited colleges so I can go to school for free. I can go on and on, but I can't really think of anymore right now :thumbup:

01-11-08 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Froze*

No, you see, that IS the problem.

Because looking on this map I got right here, Canada is smack dab in the middle of Iraq.

J. Luth 01-11-08 01:46 PM

Quote:

lmao think kid. Before you make stupid ass comments

and damn @ Indeph beating me to the COD 4 comment :shoot:

KM 01-11-08 02:17 PM

Quote:
yup Im thinkin about serving for my country. who else here is or has besides Enygma.

...been in 3 years now....

Oh D 01-12-08 01:26 PM

i thought bout joinin da army...then i thought na

WhoAmI 01-15-08 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygma
I haven't been to Iraq yet, but I've been in the army for over 6 years. Actually, I think I just went over 7. I'm married, I have 3 kids with my wife and I have a kid who I pay child support for who lives with his mom in Philly. I live in a brand new 2 story, 4 bedroom, 2100 (or so) square feet house for free on base. There's a military hospital on base that I can take my kids to 24/7 for anything......even a little fever at 3:00 in the morning and I don't pay a thing for it. My dental is free, but I pay a small co-pay for my family since the army doesn't do dental work on civilians. I have more than enough money to live on, so I bought myself a new 2007 Chevy Impala. The army paid me about $3,000 to go to school in Fort Jackson, SC for 2 months because I was away from my family and all the out of pocket expenses it cost me. I've got to experience a whole different culture when I was stationed in Germany for 3 years. When I'm not at work I can do whatever I please and go where ever I want. I also get 30 days paid leave every year.....and if I don't use them up, they carry over to the next year. I use the free gym on post (we have 3 of them on post here) to work out or play basketball. It also has an indoor pool. I can now use my army experience to get a job in human resources since I'm in retention. If I don't like where I'm at, there are ways to move to a different base if its available. When I deploy (looking like May) I will get hazard pay, separation pay, and all kinds of other pay that will nearly double my current salary. When I get into Iraq, I will be sitting in an office most of the time working on reenlistments of all the Soldiers working hard to keep our country free. Their reenlistment bonuses are averaging around $20,000 and if they reenlist in Iraq, its tax free. Their normal pay in Iraq is tax free also. The army also offers 100% tuition assistance for accredited colleges so I can go to school for free. I can go on and on, but I can't really think of anymore right now :thumbup:

the perks and benefits seem pretty impressive, but i guess they should be, due to the nature of the job. much respect for real.

Ambient 01-17-08 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph

ROFL!

Me personally, I don't think I could be without my family for months on end.

L.E 01-17-08 04:19 PM

Quote:

Non-fighting country?

Who the fuck do you think is backing up the US in Iraq and Aphganistan?

I know people in that shit man.

01-17-08 04:50 PM

Every country, even our allies, hate U.S.

not us. hell, we hate our government. The american people should come to an agreement with another country's force and tear down this bullshit and build anew.

we're all tired of it. Only our government, made by the people for the people, wants to be the government still.

Cola 01-23-08 02:46 AM

Quote:

you should join up, then you'll get shot and we wont have to deal with you anymore :thumbup:

Dabatos 01-23-08 01:33 PM

back in high school i was in ROTC for 4 years got promoted to captain, than I went to ROTC in college for the army and could have been an officer if i stayed an extra 2 years and signed a contract stating i will join the army. I would have had good pay, very good benefits. I would have signed the contract if this war ended but it never did so I left the program and just continued to medical school here at UCLA. Though sometimes i do wish I joined the army for experience because you only live life once..

Young Kidd (LM) 01-23-08 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
an*

common mistake :o

funniest part of this thread. lmao