RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   How has rapverse helped you? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=246271)

Dabatos 05-11-08 06:06 PM

How has rapverse helped you?

Just curious, beacuse I've seen so many hommies from here elevate from just text writers to song writers. Before no one made songs on this site than all in a sudden just about everyone from them old school days moved on to audio which is sick. But yeah has it really helped you in what your doing now?

Me, it helped me improve the ability to make images with words aka imagery which is incredibly important for what Im trying to major in and to get a career out of. I aint the best song writer but because of all the songs I wrote due to the motivation of seeing a lot of people writing songs on here I was able to improve vocab and etc.... This site has helped me learn what Im good at and what I want to be which is a screen writer and I'm already talking to a few writers in the buisness that are helping me. So yeah this site helped me learn what Im good at and what I want to be. what bout ya?

Chris Stylez 05-11-08 06:12 PM

It's help me not to be played and up my creativity. I COULD HAVE BEEN DJ UNK AND SOULJA BOY. Like before I came here when I was down in Atlanta. I was working alot with The Big Oomp Camp back when Baby D and Lil C along with Loko was there forunners. But I came up to MD. Still kept in contact. But i came here and just elevated above all the non-sense rhyming about what I dont do and dont got. Its been a big change for me.

La Cosa Nostra 05-11-08 08:15 PM

hasnt helped me at all...

i guess it helps my boredom occaisionally..........

J. Luth 05-11-08 09:00 PM

came here with no writing talent at all, and hating writing and having English as my worst subject. To now being able to make songs and loving to write and having english as my major and strongest subject.

wordlife

M&rk 05-11-08 09:09 PM

werd, this is a much more productive hobby than people think.

J.Roy 05-11-08 09:31 PM

I think that it is a good site, or at least was a good site to get criticism on your songs. Other than that, it's stupid, people argue about the most stupid crap here.

La Cosa Nostra 05-11-08 09:32 PM

stupid crap like what dude....

give some examples

J.Roy 05-11-08 09:47 PM

what I mean by that I guess, It's kind of my bad, is when someone starts a thread it's automatically followed by arguing with religion. No matter what. It always comes to religion. It's redundant and repetitive. Blah

La Cosa Nostra 05-11-08 10:06 PM

all beefing threads come back to religion?

if you say so.... i dont really agree.. but hey, its your story....

J.Roy 05-11-08 10:07 PM

I posted a thread about what the army is like and it went directly to religion. I didn't ask about the war in iraq I just asked about the ARMY, not the war.

La Cosa Nostra 05-11-08 10:12 PM

oh right.. well thats reletivly easy to see how that happens... discourse on the army leads to discussion of world events, difference of opinions, islam..

i guess you were basing your entire opinion on your own last thread right?

J.Roy 05-11-08 10:13 PM

pretty much any thread I start up, leads to religion.

La Cosa Nostra 05-11-08 10:21 PM

ahh, interesting..

you realise this often has a lot to do with the way you used to act and peoples pre-disposed opinions of you though right?

you were a foolish bible bashing cunt for ages remember?

_Talksic_ 05-12-08 02:52 AM

its helped me alot i was really wack as fuck when i first got here but with this site and sv helping me ive definatly gotton alot better..

SUPERVILLAIN 05-12-08 03:56 AM

^^^*blushes...then beats off into a tube-sock.*

lol. jk.

s.v.

Dufflebag Boy 05-13-08 02:48 PM

it helped me realize that i need to get a life

Dabatos 05-13-08 04:03 PM

and you're still here eh?

J. Luth 05-13-08 04:58 PM

^because he still doesn't have one

Chris Stylez 05-13-08 10:46 PM

lol...... its alright....we all cant get a life off the internet....There are only soo many women and so many jobs out there.....

TeamOne 05-14-08 06:32 PM

RV made me think about lyricism.....

and i got pretty good at diss tracks, too... two years ago i was leaps and bounds ahead of anyone i would battle outside of RV... but that advantage has kinda leveled out now, because now so many people rap kinda like internet heads

Dufflebag Boy 05-15-08 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabatos
and you're still here eh?

i still check up on it when im bored...just outta curiousity...its not like im unemployed with no real life friends while i never leave the house bickering and fussing taking beef over the net personal....lol

life is too short too waste on just some rapboard thats more dead than a cemetary

05-15-08 02:33 AM

Nigga you can't even correctly punctuate what you fucking say. Sign the fuck off..

but srz. Rapverse? A Help? Lol.. Y'all are just people that I think have a good blend to the board, and since I'm on boards anyway, I sign on here and read shit.

And I cuss a lot in real life. Nothing changes for me here.

Dufflebag Boy 05-15-08 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
Nigga you can't even correctly punctuate what you fucking say. Sign the fuck off..

but srz. Rapverse? A Help? Lol.. Y'all are just people that I think have a good blend to the board, and since I'm on boards anyway, I sign on here and read shit.

And I cuss a lot in real life. Nothing changes for me here.

blah, your the reason why abortions should stay legal. hows that for punctuation? didnt know there was a fuckin english teacher on this site.

05-15-08 02:47 AM

Nah manz I just give a shit about what people are trying to say, on a site all about saying shit.

like Your Whack.

I'm not talking about your verses, I mean You Are Whack.

Therefore You're Whack.

but really it's str8 tho, I don't really try to impress an english teach on you. though you could use it. :thumbup:

Dabatos 05-15-08 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs of steel
i still check up on it when im bored...just outta curiousity...its not like im unemployed with no real life friends while i never leave the house bickering and fussing taking beef over the net personal....lol

life is too short too waste on just some rapboard thats more dead than a cemetary

just cuz u go on a rap board dont mean you have no life. I have a crazy ass life, partying 2-3 times a week, about to get my associates degree in literature, talkin to 3 chicks at the same time.. and going to 4 countries in 5 months... pretty chill rite? But yeah, this site is dead.. this site is mainly just a place to chill when your board

La Cosa Nostra 05-15-08 07:11 AM

Quote:
just cuz u go on a rap board dont mean you have no life. I have a crazy ass life, partying 2-3 times a week, about to get my associates degree in literature, talkin to 3 chicks at the same time.. and going to 4 countries in 5 months... pretty chill rite? But yeah, this site is dead.. this site is mainly just a place to chill when your board

you mean to say your getting a degree in literature and you couldnt even differentiate between board and bored?

Dufflebag Boy 05-15-08 01:36 PM

Quote:

lol nah i'd just be a hypacrite if thats the case...what i meant ta say is..all the people on here that start making diss tracks to people on this site...u know who im talking bout...the ones on here that take this site too serious...i wasnt saying you dont have a life if ur just simply a member cuz i am too

Dufflebag Boy 05-15-08 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
Nah manz I just give a shit about what people are trying to say, on a site all about saying shit.

like Your Whack.

I'm not talking about your verses, I mean You Are Whack.

Therefore You're Whack.

but really it's str8 tho, I don't really try to impress an english teach on you. though you could use it. :thumbup:

first off u dont even know me..u only know what i let u know from what i post...and i dont rap so what verses are u even talking about?? i tried rapping when i was 15-16 like everyone else on this site but its not my life so i could give a fuck less...and seriously who the fuck are you that i have to give a fuck...your opinion is worthless..besides i didnt even ask for your opinion...and oh wow..nice attempt at trying to rip me for the way i type on a frickin rapboard..u must feel tough...

what did i hurt your feelings because i "dissed" this site....seriously your the type of clown i was talking about...get a life...get off the frickin computer...YOU should sign off

05-15-08 02:01 PM

this applesauce makes me feel tougher.

Dabatos 05-15-08 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baphomet
you mean to say your getting a degree in literature and you couldnt even differentiate between board and bored?

Yeah actually I am. So what? i spelled a word wrong typing fast? who doesn't?

La Cosa Nostra 05-15-08 08:42 PM

Quote:
Yeah actually I am. So what? i spelled a word wrong typing fast? who doesn't?

[sarcasm]i never make spelling mistakes[/sarcasm]

Bangalore 05-18-08 10:18 PM

it helped my arabic and it taught me how gay online beef is