RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   #1 Oklahoma- #5 Texas. ONE HOUR B'S!!! ABC!! DO IT! (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=247738)

J. Luth 10-11-08 09:54 AM

#1 Oklahoma- #5 Texas. ONE HOUR B'S!!! ABC!! DO IT!

word big match-up. Hopefully OU can pull it out.

Great thing is, since Texas so high ranked ad playing so good, that even if they lose, OU still could be ok. As long as they look good, and lose close and not gt blown out.

Texas got 4 tough games after. #3 Missouri, #6 Texas Tech, #14 Oklahoma St., then #16 Kansas. Goddamn lol all those fucking teams back to back to back to fucking back. damn...

but word should be fucking ill.

SAM BRADFORD FOR HEISMAN!

BigTony.Self 10-11-08 10:52 AM

go longhorns lol

King Solo 10-11-08 10:52 AM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................

J. Luth 10-11-08 11:49 AM

^LOL wtf @ your avy....

but word ill first quarter. Both O's did their shit first drive. But the defenses stepping up. who thought it'd be a Defensive battle. Good shit tho

7-3 OU. STEP IT UP OU! WORD

J. Luth 10-11-08 11:56 AM

wow, almost perfect drive right there.

what i'm concerned is. Fucking Running game needs to step the fuck up. I mean, that just shows how great Bradford is tho. They know what's coming, and he still does it.

14-3. LETS GO DEFENSE!

J. Luth 10-11-08 12:01 PM

LOL fucking special teams

Enygma 10-11-08 12:53 PM

That kickoff return was beastly :thumbup:

J. Luth 10-11-08 01:06 PM

Bradford's last pass was beautiful. Dude a beast. Bouncing back from that INT.

LOL tho, ALL his INTS have been either, dropped or popped up by his WR's, or a amazing play by the DB. Bradford don't throw off too much

but word man, big stop by D. they better keep it up

28-20 OU. BOOMER SOONER!

King Solo 10-11-08 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPuL
^LOL wtf @ your avy....

but word ill first quarter. Both O's did their shit first drive. But the defenses stepping up. who thought it'd be a Defensive battle. Good shit tho

7-3 OU. STEP IT UP OU! WORD

what about my avy?

J. Luth 10-11-08 01:38 PM

wow fucking refs. Keep bullshitting calls. Should have been a int in the endzone for OU, ground can't cause a fumble. the fuck? Should be 27-28, not 30-28. damn it... 4th Quarter. Time to step up Sam

J. Luth 10-11-08 01:54 PM

ok, i won't complain about it. Those 4-5 horrible calls refs made against OU, I guess they gave it back to us with that running into the kicker LOL give the OU punter the heisman. Hopefully he really not that hurt. But word we got a TD off it. So that makes up with it. Equal in my mind now :D

but wtf @ wanting to go for 2 to make it 6 pts? too soon, I think. I can see why. But shit every pt matters now, good they went for 1 tho.

35-30 OU. 10 mins or so to go. shit. go sooners word

King Solo 10-11-08 02:27 PM

I hope your team gets stomped into oblivion.

King Solo 10-11-08 02:29 PM

So how did they do bro?

Surely they didn't get butt fucked 45-35.

J. Luth 10-11-08 02:42 PM

lol @ butt fucked. You're cool. a 10 pt loss to a top 5 team, word Oklahoma really got their asses kicked. =/

But word, great game. Even though my team didn't end up on top, was great game to watch. Texas played ill, Oklahoma did too. They just couldn't stop Texas in the end.

I think the main thing that got Texas through was them finding their run game late 3rd, and to the 4th. OU never could find it all throughout. Def caught up to them. I just am pissed on that 3 and out down by 3. When they ran on 2nd down. Fucking stupid idea. It didn't work all game, why throw away a down like that in a crucial situation? Also, the loss of Ryan Reynolds proved huge. Oh well... won't comment on officials, because they were horrible on both ends, and both took advantage of them equally. And to ref's credit, they got the 4th Quarter and the moments when it counted right. So can't argue that.

But word OU played good enough where they hopefully won't drop too far. Hopefully LSU and Missouri both lose, and maybe they can still hang around in top 5.

As For Bradford, dude played great game. Def didn't hurt himself in the heisman race. 400 yds 5 TDs, and 1 INT. bullshit tho they counted that 2nd one on the hailmary. pshh.. still. He did what he could.

Great game. Texas got tough next 4 weeks. Hopefully lose twice and get OU back on top in Big 12 south. word

King Solo 10-11-08 02:45 PM

rofl

I was kidding anyway, you know that

like I said.. from what I saw on justin.tv it was a good, competitive game that could've gone either way. texas just fucking pulled it out in the 4th quarter, that's all.

Cola 10-11-08 03:49 PM

what did i tell you

HORNS, BITCH!

J. Luth 10-11-08 03:58 PM

LOL yea, saying the Sooners gonna lose every week. You finally got one man. 1-5. Atleast you can win at somethings b

.Ike. 10-11-08 04:31 PM

i really hope Alabama doesnt move into the #1 spot..i dont want that target on them yet..or their heads to inflate beyond imagination...because Ole Miss is sneaky good..and im worried about that game.

...Voke... 10-11-08 07:03 PM

whoooo,texas got that ass. alabama shouldnt be #1 they looked like shit their last game...

J. Luth 10-11-08 07:14 PM

And they prolly won't next week depending on these two next games.

lol try to say all the shit you want. Just remember LSU lost twice and won the title last yr ;)

and being in the best conference this yr helps too

.Ike. 10-11-08 08:02 PM

fool...someone needs to scoop up some defense in that conference..

offense wins games....defense wins championships...oldest and truest saying in the book.

big 12 is the best offensive conference

.Ike. 10-11-08 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...Voke...
whoooo,texas got that ass. alabama shouldnt be #1 they looked like shit their last game...

and uhh..you dont judge rankings by 1 game...you judge them by the entire season.

if you go by this logic...and alabama wins out..goes into their last game against Auburn (who looks like complete shit right now)....plays a completely sloppy game...look horrible...but somehow manage to pull an ugly 1 point win out at the end...they shouldnt be #1 because they didnt play a great game?...after being undefeated for an entire season going into the SEC championship game?....please.

people and their knee jerk reactions in sports....rediculous.

J. Luth 10-11-08 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ike.
fool...someone needs to scoop up some defense in that conference..

offense wins games....defense wins championships...oldest and truest saying in the book.

big 12 is the best offensive conference

lol son i'd like to see the best defense try to hold high powered offenses like Texas and OU from scoring. Both team's defenses held their own too. They did their best, but the offenses were better. OU pressured Colt McCoy all day, but he found ways to make plays cuz he's that good. then same with Bradford. Both defenses also shut down the run. But the loss of Reynolds really hurt OU's run defense it seemed. Since after he left, texas started finding the run game.

J. Luth 10-11-08 08:27 PM

"The purists will see this box score, turn their nose in the air and purr that defense still wins championships. But nobody who saw -- or with the benefit of technology, will see -- this game would write off either team. After the game, when Texas coach Mack Brown said, "That's two of the best football teams in the country," it sounded like analysis and not cliché."

^word dude said it best. You watch game? shit was ill. Both defenses held their own. Bradford and McCoy just proved why they are heisman candidates tho. Doesn't mean OU and Texas have shitty defense.

But wow, fuck @ ryan Reynolds, basically defensive leader, suffering season ending injury. fuck... gotta pull redshirt off our ill freshman LB now. shit..

and yo WORD to Florida killing LSU. fuck tho man, I hope LSU atleast scores some pts. lol Cuz otherwise florida gon jump OU.

and texas man, shit at first I thought they'd lose 2 of their games. But they looked really good. and that Missouri game is @ texas. shit.... lol

Cola 10-11-08 08:55 PM

Quote:
LOL yea, saying the Sooners gonna lose every week. You finally got one man. 1-5. Atleast you can win at somethings b

actually i never said OU was gonna lose every week. i just said that i liked Texas.

WHOOP WHOOOOOOP

...Voke... 10-11-08 10:35 PM

Quote:
and uhh..you dont judge rankings by 1 game...you judge them by the entire season.

if you go by this logic...and alabama wins out..goes into their last game against Auburn (who looks like complete shit right now)....plays a completely sloppy game...look horrible...but somehow manage to pull an ugly 1 point win out at the end...they shouldnt be #1 because they didnt play a great game?...after being undefeated for an entire season going into the SEC championship game?....please.

people and their knee jerk reactions in sports....rediculous.

Big 12's The best conference in football right now, sec doesnt have the qb play of the big 12,not even close. an elite qb would disect those sec defenses(and no tim tebow is not an elite qb), and dont fret the big 12 has Defense its just a high scoring conference so it looks misleading. OU would easlily put over 30 on any SEC defense, and how you win....does matter dont forget plenty teams have ran the table only to watch the National Championship rather than play in it...

J. Luth 10-11-08 10:38 PM

HAHAHAHA WOW.. word to both #3 and #4 teams losing too. word the fuck up.

So next week rankings prolly look like:

1). Texas (looked fucking amazing today)
2). Alabama (prolly will have close to half the first place votes. Yea, one bad game doesn't hurt. but voters will look @ the last game to judge them. And Texas played almost flawlessly)
3). Penn St (Def, fucking destroyed wisconsin. Sure they'll grab a few first place votes)
4). Texas Tech (maybe? iunno)
5). BYU (ehh? I don't know)
6). Oklahoma (Could be higher, but I'd be surprised if they dropped any lower than 5 or 6)

then fuck doing the rest. But even florida could jump high for dismantling LSU. but then again LSU, like Georgia, never looked that great. That win v.s. auburn was sloppy. and their QB isn't that great lol

but word

as for Heisman?

chase DEF dropped down. Colt is def #1, hopefully Bradford would stay at 2, but could be knocked down to 3. But i'm sure he'll be in top 5.

all in all, not so bad.

Missouri will be fucking pissed, and hopefully exact revenge on Texas. WORD

Cola 10-11-08 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...Voke...
Big 12's The best conference in football right now, sec doesnt have the qb play of the big 12,not even close. an elite qb would disect those sec defenses(and no tim tebow is not an elite qb), and dont fret the big 12 has Defense its just a high scoring conference so it looks misleading. OU would easlily put over 30 on any SEC defense, and how you win....does matter dont forget plenty teams have ran the table only to watch the National Championship rather than play in it...

that just makes you look like a fool

J. Luth 10-11-08 11:02 PM

:eek: The pot calling the kettle black :whacky:

...Voke... 10-11-08 11:12 PM

nah, pretty much str8....he's a great runner but keep him bottled up, he aint gone hurt you much...

.Ike. 10-11-08 11:20 PM

i hope to god that tebow comment was a joke.

and any great coach in america will tell you that a great defense beats a great offense.

its just like any other sport..what wins championships in baseball? pitching.

football?..see giants.

.Ike. 10-11-08 11:27 PM

oh..and that matthew stafford dude is garbage too right?..yea..def. not an elite QB..he will probably only be a top 5 draft pick.

J. Luth 10-12-08 07:21 AM

^word, after Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford, and Chase Daniels go 1,2,3 :cool:

J. Luth 10-12-08 07:32 AM

As for defense wins championships, yea it helps. But I'd rather take an A+ offense and a B+ defense than a C+ offense and an A+ defense.

You gotta remember in college football coaches only get a set amount of time to work with their players during the week. So the focus is mostly on offense. So in college atleast I'd take an A+ offense over an A+ defense any day.

A great QB can pick apart any defense. Of course he needs an OL to protect him. Look @ Tom Brady. (Super bowl he lost because Giants did what no other team could. Get to the QB. Make him go down, and go down hard). word

.Ike. 10-12-08 11:39 AM

Quote:
As for defense wins championships, yea it helps. But I'd rather take an A+ offense and a B+ defense than a C+ offense and an A+ defense.

You gotta remember in college football coaches only get a set amount of time to work with their players during the week. So the focus is mostly on offense. So in college atleast I'd take an A+ offense over an A+ defense any day.

A great QB can pick apart any defense. Of course he needs an OL to protect him. Look @ Tom Brady. (Super bowl he lost because Giants did what no other team could. Get to the QB. Make him go down, and go down hard). word

most of the focus is on offense?..tell Nick Saban that...he would laugh in your face.

And Pats were supposed to be the greatest offense of all time...they met one of the better D Lines of all time....didnt work out too well for them. Great defense beats great offense at all time..because a great defense will ALWAYS make a great offense have to adjust eventually.

Cola 10-12-08 11:40 AM

Yeah, defense does win championships...period.

Becuase a great defense can put points on the board even with an offense on the sidelines

J. Luth 10-12-08 01:50 PM

^lol =/

Like a good offense can't keep the other offense off the field, aka giving the other team less possesions to score. I'd rather take that. Like the Jags-Colts game this yr. The Jags had the ball for 42 mins, and peyton only had it for 18. had they been 30-30, colts would have won easily. But jags had multiple 10+ minute drives that kept Peyton off the field and denied him chances to score. I'd rather take an A+ offense over A+ Defense.

Quote:
most of the focus is on offense?..tell Nick Saban that...he would laugh in your face.

And Pats were supposed to be the greatest offense of all time...they met one of the better D Lines of all time....didnt work out too well for them. Great defense beats great offense at all time..because a great defense will ALWAYS make a great offense have to adjust eventually.

lmao dude i'd maybe give you credit for that. But uhh if you remember Pats were 1-1 against Giants. and what was score like 30+ pts for each team.

If Giants really were greatest D lines of all time, they would have kept first game low scoring too.

First game, offense won, second D. the super bowl the giants were playing better, and Pats o-line was horrible. And brady wasn't as sharp either.

there were two games, with offense winning one and defense the other.

I don't care what you say, that Pats team would have beaten that same Giants team 9/10 times.

and I'm not talking in the NFL. I'm talking college football. An A+ offensive team will beat an A+ defensive team in the college level.

.Ike. 10-12-08 02:24 PM

really now? may i go back to 1992?......one of the "greatest teams of all time"..the 92 Miami Canes..supposedly the most explosive offensive team ever...what happened in that Sugar Bowl for the National Championship?.....one of the top 10 D's ever whooped their ass all over the field for a supposed "upset". A+ offense usually does not win the game against A+ Defense...i mean...look at the last national champion..LSU..they sure as shit didnt win it on offense. They had a great D.

and you say a great offense can keep the ball away from another offense...but not if they are playing a great D...a great D will not allow a lengthy drive to happen. Trust me, noone LOVES a great drive running the ball and taking away clock more than i do..but you cant do that on a great all around defense.

That Giants D-Line was..like i said...one of the better D Lines ever..i never said it was the out right greatest ever. They held that "greatest offense of all time" to 14 points when it mattered the most. A great defense is your best offense...its called field position..time of possession. They were 1-1 against the Giants...but who won the championship? the great D..not the Great O. And, it doesnt matter what kind of football it is..NFL, college, high school, or Pop Warner...its all the same in the basic respects of the game.

J. Luth 10-12-08 03:51 PM

Quote:
really now? may i go back to 1992?......one of the "greatest teams of all time"..the 92 Miami Canes..supposedly the most explosive offensive team ever...what happened in that Sugar Bowl for the National Championship?.....one of the top 10 D's ever whooped their ass all over the field for a supposed "upset". A+ offense usually does not win the game against A+ Defense...i mean...look at the last national champion..LSU..they sure as shit didnt win it on offense. They had a great D.

and you say a great offense can keep the ball away from another offense...but not if they are playing a great D...a great D will not allow a lengthy drive to happen. Trust me, noone LOVES a great drive running the ball and taking away clock more than i do..but you cant do that on a great all around defense.

That Giants D-Line was..like i said...one of the better D Lines ever..i never said it was the out right greatest ever. They held that "greatest offense of all time" to 14 points when it mattered the most. A great defense is your best offense...its called field position..time of possession. They were 1-1 against the Giants...but who won the championship? the great D..not the Great O. And, it doesnt matter what kind of football it is..NFL, college, high school, or Pop Warner...its all the same in the basic respects of the game.

dude what you're saying as the supposed to be best of all time shit, is OTHER's opinions.

like the OU team that lost to LSU. Before that big 12 game, Oklahoma was supposed to be the best team of ALL Time. they scored 50 in ALL their games. Including a 77-0 Thrashing of Texas Tech at Tech. Jason White didn't play past a first half in any game almost. Then they got smashed by a horrible Kansas St team. Those are just opinions, doesn't mean they were actually that good.

as for last yr's LSU. dude, they lost twice lol. If they went undefeated, you'd have a pt. But they lost to a great offensive team last yr. Kentucky. They couldn't stop the good offense. and they beat an overated Ohio St team.

I mean, you'd have to go way back to find an UNDEFEATED champ that won it by defense.

all I see is, USC offense, Texas offence, Ohio St. luck LOL that yr was fucking BS how they won all those games. Sloppy games all over. pshh... then Miami offense, Oklahoma offense. then i don't know past that.

but the defensive teams that won. They've all lost games too. mostly against top offenses

.Ike. 10-12-08 05:27 PM

Quote:
dude what you're saying as the supposed to be best of all time shit, is OTHER's opinions.

like the OU team that lost to LSU. Before that big 12 game, Oklahoma was supposed to be the best team of ALL Time. they scored 50 in ALL their games. Including a 77-0 Thrashing of Texas Tech at Tech. Jason White didn't play past a first half in any game almost. Then they got smashed by a horrible Kansas St team. Those are just opinions, doesn't mean they were actually that good.

as for last yr's LSU. dude, they lost twice lol. If they went undefeated, you'd have a pt. But they lost to a great offensive team last yr. Kentucky. They couldn't stop the good offense. and they beat an overated Ohio St team.

I mean, you'd have to go way back to find an UNDEFEATED champ that won it by defense.

all I see is, USC offense, Texas offence, Ohio St. luck LOL that yr was fucking BS how they won all those games. Sloppy games all over. pshh... then Miami offense, Oklahoma offense. then i don't know past that.

but the defensive teams that won. They've all lost games too. mostly against top offenses

ok..let me ask you this...if Oklahoma was to win the National Championship with 2 losses...you would be extremely excited right? youd probably go out and buy an OU BCS champion shirt right? youd make a thread about how your team just won the NC right? Everyone else would be inferior to your team right?...because you just won the national championship game. It would STILL be a national championship. There is 1 champion crowned every year. 06 is the same as 05...it all counts the same. They did lose 2 games (with inflated scores due to overtime..it wasnt any sort of offensive massacre..trust me)..but their defense is what carried them..NOT their offense. I dont care is Ohio State was overrated or not...they had 1 loss..and deserved a shot at the national championship..that is who LSU should have played. They won soundly...on defense.

and you say that its just "peoples opinions"..but Miami came into that game a 14 point favorite. And go back and look...then try and tell me that Miami's offense in those years werent some of the greatest in the history of the game...if you dont think that..then you didnt do any research..or you just choose to ignore it. ANYONE that was alive in that era of college football will tell you that the Miami teams of that age was amongst the most dominating ever. And you also brought up 2 analysts earlier in this thread or the other..i cant remember...but the sports world is ran halfway through the media...like it or not. The media is paid to give you these comparisons about who is the greatest at what..and a lot of the times they overexaggerate..and a lot of the times they are spot on.

USC offense...Texas offense..Miami offense?...go look at those defenses...id say youd find a lot of those same names on NFL rosters. you CANNOT win a national championship with a sub par defense. It has never happened..and never will. Now i can point out a TON of teams that have won with sub par offenses. Thats just how the game of football goes....as well as any other sport. Offense catches the eye..and looks best to the spectator...but defense will get you to the promise land.