RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Rapverse Graffiti Battle - Baphomet vs. SUPERVILLAIN (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=248000)

La Cosa Nostra 11-19-08 10:45 PM

Rapverse Graffiti Battle - Baphomet vs. SUPERVILLAIN

Aiight..

rules are simple, mainly just so nobody gets an unfair advantage.... theyve changed a little from last time since the weekends comming up and that means massive benders and nobody being home to do sketches... but this is whats up.
  • One color allowed for keyline and outside word effects. flat white inside characters only
  • ink and pencil mediums accepted only
  • time limit to drop: ONE WEEK (although we wont use that long)
  • photos must be submitted in 800x600 resolution and will be posted in the same post with clickable thumbnails
  • Wildstyle peices is what were shooting for once again, not throwups or tags
  • votes must be explained and polled, DO NOT FORGET TO POLL

The word this time round is:

MOST

goodluck to both writers. This battle will be ILL as hell...

La Cosa Nostra 11-28-08 08:02 PM

Click on the images to enlarge...
super- you were a bit late bro, but i dont give a fuck... its just a battle.... two very different styles here.... this should be interesting....

MOST - By SUPERVILLAIN

MOST - By BAPHOMET

vote mother fuckers and yes thats an 8 ball on her ear ring... FYI

La Cosa Nostra 11-28-08 08:04 PM

supervillain remember to poll once for yourself so we start at 50 50 and we can see the votes without clicking on view poll.....

so whatever the score is, its minus one to either once weve both voted...

WhoAmI 11-29-08 10:45 AM

this is a nice battle for real...i was feeling both of your pieces in different ways

SV i thought it was sick the way my eyes had to readjust to see the word in their i thought that made it look abstract n shit which is cool for real...it has a real neat presentation too i can't explain it too tough but you get what i mean...i like the way eveything was interconnected

Nos yours was a different style which makes it hard to decide which is better lol...man i was really feeling the lettering but iunno about the M though i thought the rest of the word was nuts though. im liking what you did with the s, and the t in particular man that T is siiick for real

man it's a tough one but that T just swung it for me

v Nos

great battle people

11-29-08 11:00 AM

thats a she.....

v/ nos

i just didn't see the word MOST in SuperVillain's drawing.. I saw the O definitely and the S kind of... but the T and M are just too abstract.

King Solo 11-29-08 11:11 AM

This was a close battle, f'real..

NOS - I was liking the piece in general, I thought it was an interesting approach the way you didn't stick with just simple lettering. I don't know though, maybe its just your style of doing things, but looking at the piece it just struck me as very similar to your battle with Darkmanner. I can't put my finger on it, really.. just a feeling. The lettering was still tight, the face really sets it off nice also. There is just that sense I have that is putting me off.

SV - I was loving the piece, seriously. It has a very abstract feel to it like Dark said, and the way everything connects together is cool. I've seen a wall piece of similar style before and I thought it was a beast. Personally, I can see all the letters so I don't know.. maybe my vision is more attuned to seeing the inner workings of more complex designs. Overall, I thought your piece grabbed my attention more.

Vote: SUPERVILLAIN

.Eternal. 11-29-08 06:00 PM

v/ SUPERVILLIAN

basically what the dude above me said

Cola 11-29-08 06:07 PM

When i first looked at both pics with out enlargin them...i was like, whoa @ Nos's n the head in the middle. Def. made it like...different, but in a good way.

Once i viewed them up close, i thought that Nos's def. wasn't as clean as SV's was, but @ the same time i couldnt' even read SV's really at all due to it being so abstract.

so

vote: Nos

Kirk 11-29-08 06:24 PM

Purple haze.

Ysdat 11-29-08 07:16 PM

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

La Cosa Nostra 11-29-08 09:53 PM

This battle is fucken hard to decide... both these styles are so diff man...

SV's come with a wildstyle LA type peice n I've done more of an east side burner with a character...

I dunno if there really is a winner out of this shit.. its fucken hard to pick man...

Ysdat 11-29-08 10:17 PM

Thats why I didnt vote, you cant say ones better cause they are two diffrent styles, I guess the votes are gonna be down to personal preference rather than which is actually better.

SUPERVILLAIN 11-29-08 11:32 PM

lol at me being voted against for having "too complex/abstract" letters. thats what "wild style" is: complexity. wow.

oh yeah...nice shit baph.

s.v.

11-29-08 11:50 PM

lol @ complexity

it's not like an essay that no one can comprehend you fuckbrain

it's more like letters that people can't actually see.

where's the M?

where the T?

I see an O and a 5. (s) but that M MIGHT be there if I turn my head sharply to the right and break my neck

J. Luth 11-30-08 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Soul? ©
Thats why I didnt vote, you cant say ones better cause they are two diffrent styles, I guess the votes are gonna be down to personal preference rather than which is actually better.

LOL

that's like doing a text battle where one person drops a topical verse and other does a straight up battle verse.

should have decided a style for both to use maybe then

Ysdat 11-30-08 12:36 AM

^lol.

Yeh would of made sense, but Im guessing they werent expecting it to be this close.

11-30-08 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPuL
LOL

that's like doing a text battle where one person drops a topical verse and other does a straight up battle verse.

should have decided a style for both to use maybe then

no it's more like a topical battle where both have the same subject but are completely different stories and thus the readers have to choose which they like better based on preference and detail.

Adam 11-30-08 01:14 AM

^ Exactly.

Can't make somebody switch up their style of graffing to fit somebody else's needs. Shit comes from the soul, but SPuL wouldn't understand the 4 elements of Hip Hop, he's just some kid that listened to too much 50 cent.

Ysdat 11-30-08 01:24 AM

G unit!!!!!!!!!!!

SUPERVILLAIN 11-30-08 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
lol @ complexity

it's not like an essay that no one can comprehend you fuckbrain

it's more like letters that people can't actually see.

where's the M?

where the T?

I see an O and a 5. (s) but that M MIGHT be there if I turn my head sharply to the right and break my neck

fuckbrain...

...if you knew what wildstyle graf was you'd of sounded a little bit more educated...instead of like an idiot with shit for brains.

wildstyle isn't meant to be viewed by those that aren't familiar with complicated graf. the goal is to try to throw off your viewer. if i can piece up a wildstyle that no writer can read...i did my job.

jackass. go firebomb a library hippy.

s.v.

La Cosa Nostra 11-30-08 05:16 AM

yo man... i wouldnt get too pissed off...

im not sure if graffiti battles are a good idea here because the majority of cats who post on this dont do it nor do they have any knowledgable reference information as to whats considered dope and not...

i can read most out of the SV peice pretty blaitantly fucken easy.... but thats cause i know what to look for...

i dont think theres really a winner on this battle to be honest..

i mean i might vote for the SV peice cause its more tech style wise..... as I said thats a fresh fucken LA style... but then my shit is totally different, its more sort of NY/germany style shit.. characters are less intertwined, but it makes use of a character face and id paint the fucker up cantwo style majorly if it was on a legal wall you couldnt say it wasnt ill..

i wouldnt vote on it man...

11-30-08 05:36 AM

There are so many flaws in what you just said about this.......

Maybe you really do have to be into graff for you to understand all the contradicting bullshit you just said

"Maybe graff battles aren't a good idea here cuz no one here knows what graff is"
vs.
"I wouldn't vote on it"

"I can read the word you wrote pretty easy, but that's because I know what to look for" (Oh shit you trumped me here maybe the word we're looking for ISN'T 'most'... Maybe I voted based on which drawing looked doper with the word 'most' and I didn't vote based on your assumption of who could draw the word 'most' so the reader could see it better? Nah.. couldn't be..)

"they have no knowledge - on what's dope or not" Even though artwork is of personal preference. Not here? Maybe graffiti ISN'T of personal preference. Maybe graffiti ISN'T artwork. Ever seen a shitty million dollar painting? Graffiti doesn't apply here, nope, not at all..

and let the stupid fuck get pissed off... It's his downfall..

11-30-08 05:40 AM

fuckin wildstyle graf.... lmao

Does it matter? If I gave the smallest flying shit about 'wildstyle graf' you think I would have voted for you villain? Honestly? It's two artworks of a single word against each other and I'm supposed to think for a minute about WILDSTYLE GRAF....

&*@# (%)

that's FUCK YOU in wildstyle graf

SUPERVILLAIN 11-30-08 05:49 AM

you don't know what wildstyle graf is...but yet you're voting on who's wildstyle graf is better??? :huh:

2v= a complete waste of life.

s.v.

11-30-08 06:08 AM

"wildstyle isn't meant to be viewed by those that aren't familiar with complicated graf. the goal is to try to throw off your viewer. if i can piece up a wildstyle that no writer can read...i did my job."

Fuck it.. if that's what wildstyle is, I'll just never vote on another one of these fagshit battles anyway.. You and baph can take away my vote you little pussy...

King Solo 11-30-08 08:05 AM

rofl

i can say i was there when 2v got intellectually put in his place

La Cosa Nostra 11-30-08 09:26 AM

2v bro...

graffiti is a weird and wonderful subculture of hip hop...

you sort of got to be involved in the culture to properly understand it... others can apreciate it, but to truely understand it, it takes a long time and a lot of learning of unwritten laws and rules of the game...

its not like one of those things you can master by reading about in a book...

its a mind boggling oddity of a community based loosly directed illegal culture thats massivly addictive...

once you start it... the whole world behind it stops being a bunch of scribbles and pictures on a wall and begins comming alive as a wave in society full of loose cannons and street kids, respect, beef, drama, vets, toys, handstyles, throwups, peices.....and in the middle of it all..........markers and fucking aerosol cans man....

dont try and use your interlect to make sense of our nonsensicle ordered chaos...

we are what we are.. were writers.... we put up... its about illegal fame.... street cred... art...

give it a go for yourself... you might find you like it.....

J. Luth 11-30-08 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
^ Exactly.

Can't make somebody switch up their style of graffing to fit somebody else's needs. Shit comes from the soul, but SPuL wouldn't understand the 4 elements of Hip Hop, he's just some kid that listened to too much 50 cent.

lmao

your infatuation with me is cute. But get over it already man.

shit LOL @ how serious you take TE too. It's a fucking net crew. lmao

this is a battle thread. Leave your sore feelings out of this thread. You can't and never will beat me. It's obvious you're still losing sleep over this. Let it go..

sleep with one cheek open. You know which one. :evilgrin:

King Solo 11-30-08 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baphomet
2v bro...

graffiti is a weird and wonderful subculture of hip hop...

you sort of got to be involved in the culture to properly understand it... others can apreciate it, but to truely understand it, it takes a long time and a lot of learning of unwritten laws and rules of the game...

its not like one of those things you can master by reading about in a book...

its a mind boggling oddity of a community based loosly directed illegal culture thats massivly addictive...

once you start it... the whole world behind it stops being a bunch of scribbles and pictures on a wall and begins comming alive as a wave in society full of loose cannons and street kids, respect, beef, drama, vets, toys, handstyles, throwups, peices.....and in the middle of it all..........markers and fucking aerosol cans man....

dont try and use your interlect to make sense of our nonsensicle ordered chaos...

we are what we are.. were writers.... we put up... its about illegal fame.... street cred... art...

give it a go for yourself... you might find you like it.....

nah man

don't encourage him

otherwise in a few years we'll be walking through his neighborhood and seeing his fucking graffiti thesaurus abusing essays.. :nono:

WhoAmI 11-30-08 11:07 AM

grammatically correct tags and crew names and everything lmao

11-30-08 11:10 AM

nah im gonna have a graph name like TEH KILLUH

fuck grammatically correct...

I mean.. I'll be doing graph... it wouldn't matter in a million years at that point..

King Solo 11-30-08 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 冥 法
grammatically correct tags and crew names and everything lmao

rofl

you can just picture him running down the streets with a spray can..spots the word "GANGSTA" on the wall and runs over and changes it to "GANGSTER".

dude can then drop the webster tag so they know he's been there

Adam 11-30-08 11:38 AM

Quote:
lmao

your infatuation with me is cute. But get over it already man.

shit LOL @ how serious you take TE too. It's a fucking net crew. lmao

this is a battle thread. Leave your sore feelings out of this thread. You can't and never will beat me. It's obvious you're still losing sleep over this. Let it go..

sleep with one cheek open. You know which one. :evilgrin:

lol @ your life.

I was joking about TE, you actually own a website...

Who takes the internet serious?

Shut the fuck up tool.

King Solo 11-30-08 11:49 AM

^ The internet is my life, whore. :(

Ysdat 11-30-08 03:53 PM

Life is my internet.

11-30-08 04:42 PM

Your government designed it that way thine freeposter.

J. Luth 11-30-08 06:26 PM

Quote:
lol @ your life.

I was joking about TE, you actually own a website...

Who takes the internet serious?

Shut the fuck up tool.

ROFL...

is that seriously your arguement?

I own a website? How is setting something up to make you money as bad as inviting all your friends to a rap message board crew? lmao

stick to sucking my cock. At least that way you'd make sense.

Every bitch wants the Kid's stuff. :hump:

Cola 11-30-08 09:54 PM

I would love to cyber

Adam 11-30-08 11:21 PM

Quote:
ROFL...

is that seriously your arguement?

I own a website? How is setting something up to make you money as bad as inviting all your friends to a rap message board crew? lmao

stick to sucking my cock. At least that way you'd make sense.

Every bitch wants the Kid's stuff. :hump:

lol..

Once again.. go check the dates, I was the last to join and didn't really give a fuck, I was hungover and named myself Red Bull cause there was a can of it sitting beside me as I was reviving myself.

You own a site nobody gives a fuck about but yourself, props dude, good cash flow.

Come respond with some I'm the kid bullshit and you like penis. You never really seem to have an argument and all you talk about is sucking dick. Makes me wonder what's going on inside your mind. I mean you refer to yourself as the kid.. probably cause you have a little baby dick and haven't seen a pussy yet.

J. Luth 11-30-08 11:33 PM

Quote:
lol..

Once again.. go check the dates, I was the last to join and didn't really give a fuck, I was hungover and named myself Red Bull cause there was a can of it sitting beside me as I was reviving myself.

You own a site nobody gives a fuck about but yourself, props dude, good cash flow.

Come respond with some I'm the kid bullshit and you like penis. You never really seem to have an argument and all you talk about is sucking dick. Makes me wonder what's going on inside your mind. I mean you refer to yourself as the kid.. probably cause you have a little baby dick and haven't seen a pussy yet.

rofl dawg, spin it ANYWAY you want. Fact is, you and your friends all logged onto a rap site and created a crew. rofl. either way you look at it, it's fucking stupid. Imagine you all in same room together, logged onto your laptops and going around trying to get crew battles. lmaooo

and rofl dude, I haven't had time to pay attention to site since september due to school and work. And STILL it's racking up over 1,000 unique views a day. The program I copped in summer, finally starting to work with the search engine.

For instance, the Angelina Jolie scene from Wanted everyone was soo crazy in trying to find after hearing about it?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...ted&btnG=Search

look near bottom of FIRST page. ;)

threads posted about Marissa Miller who was Maxims #1 hottest female list? 15,000+ views on it.

I know it probably ticks you off, but IAR growing dawg. When I actually got time to spend on it, it'll only get better.

and ROFL @ telling me to stop with corny replies, then you reply with a comeback so lame even Serb would look down upon.

Congrats man. Just stay down like a good lil boy. :hump: