RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Oklahoma v.s. Florida- BCS National Championship, January 8th (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=248247)

J. Luth 01-02-09 12:45 AM

Oklahoma v.s. Florida- BCS National Championship, January 8th

Word, being one week away figured I'd drop a thread. Who pumped for this shit? should be a good game.

Everyone in the media shitting on OU. Saying that OU's historically prolific offense will be stuffed by Florida's stout defense. or that Oklahoma's defense is non-existent and that there is no way they will stop Jesus Christ Jr., aka Tim Tebow and Percy Harvin. Or Florida's SPEED will confuse Oklahoma. Or my personal favorite, OU doesn't belong here, Texas got snubbed.

Judging from a lot of Florida players and some coaches, it seems like they believe the same thing and haven't been afraid to let their opinions known throughout the media.

I personally love it. All of this will just be added incentive for the Sooners to unleash the Chuck Norris fury on Florida come game time. You know that OU defense will be ready. Think Texas Tech game.

Either way, it should be a great game. Hopefully it isn't, and OU blows them out. But that's unlikely.

I see a 38-28 OU win.

Magic5 01-02-09 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPuL
Or my personal favorite, OU doesn't belong here, Texas got snubbed.

Well Texas did beat Oklahoma on a fair field. . just saying.

M&rk 01-02-09 04:43 PM

i say Florida 34- 24, hope i remember its on

J. Luth 01-02-09 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
Well Texas did beat Oklahoma on a fair field. . just saying.

LOL son, and Texas Tech beat Texas.

Say if OU beat tech by a last second TD. Then Texas Tech would very well be in the discussion. But since OU completely CLOBBERED Tech they just threw them out of the picture.

OU shouldn't be punished for dominating a team son.

Cola 01-02-09 06:56 PM

rofl @ Tech getting beat my Mississpi

like....they would have got the SHIT beat out of them by Florida....i'm glad those pussies didn't make it into the champ game

J. Luth 01-02-09 06:58 PM

^word son. What I'm happy bout in that game though. IS Ole Miss was supposed to be a tough SEC defense. But Tech basically had their way with em. 500 total yds. So the BS about the big 12 teams only scoring a lot cuz defenses in big 12 suck. Moot point.

But still every game is different. If I was Tech, and I finished 11-1 and playing in the crappy cotton bowl. I wouldn't be too motivated bout it lol

Hopefully Utah owns Alabam tonight

Cola 01-02-09 07:03 PM

i think Utah is gonna get the piss kicked out of them

Bama is gonna roll over them Mormans

Magic5 01-02-09 07:44 PM

Quote:
LOL son, and Texas Tech beat Texas.

Say if OU beat tech by a last second TD. Then Texas Tech would very well be in the discussion. But since OU completely CLOBBERED Tech they just threw them out of the picture.

OU shouldn't be punished for dominating a team son.

I'm saying it shouldn't matter who else beat/lost to another team. Texas beat Oklahoma. They played on a fair field and Texas won. It was a straight up game, and Texas came out on top.

You know I couldn't give a fuck less about Texas or Oklahoma, I'm just saying I still have a hard time seeing how Oklahoma deserved to go over Texas. I think the BCS system is flawed and a playoff would be way better to solve problems like this. I still think Texas should have gone to the championship.

Cola 01-02-09 07:45 PM

Quote:
I'm saying it shouldn't matter who else beat/lost to another team. Texas beat Oklahoma. They played on a fair field and Texas won. It was a straight up game, and Texas came out on top.

You know I couldn't give a fuck less about Texas or Oklahoma, I'm just saying I still have a hard time seeing how Oklahoma deserved to go over Texas. I think the BCS system is flawed and a playoff would be way better to solve problems like this. I still think Texas should have gone to the championship.

that makes to much sense for the Presidents of the Universty's....duh.

J. Luth 01-02-09 08:04 PM

Quote:

LOL dude. Yes it should. Cuz HELLO, Texas was 11-1. And did you forget? So was Texas Tech. The team that pretty much DOMINATED them for 80% of that game. Colt McCoy couldn't complete a pass to save his life. 2 INTs, one returned for a TD. they were down like 28-7 in 3rd. Then Jordan Shipley's bitch ass with a TD. Then next poss, Colt got a 98 yd TD pass. and then i forgot what else happened. But first 3 quarters, Texas looked HORRIBLe, and Tech played amazing and came out on top.

So you tell me why should Texas Tech be left out of the discussion? Just cuz they lost by 40 pts to OU? ANYBODY would have lost by that much against Oklahoma on that night. They shouldn't be penalized for putting on a dominating show.

In the end the computers got it right. Head to head don't mean shit in a 3-way tie.

Cola 01-02-09 08:06 PM

except....you know, for the SEC.

J. Luth 01-02-09 09:05 PM

You gon go by what a bunch of hillbillies say?

Cola 01-02-09 09:52 PM

we'll....we have been going by what a hillbillie says for the last 8 years now.

J. Luth 01-02-09 10:33 PM

we'll? I guess you been living the hillbilly slang as well too b

only they would pronounce "well" as "we'll"

Cola 01-02-09 10:40 PM

rofl

you north'ern fo'lk

J. Luth 01-02-09 11:41 PM

You maverick, you

Cola 01-02-09 11:48 PM

Go Bama !

J. Luth 01-03-09 01:14 AM

31-17.

ANOTHER "SEC DEFENSE" exposed.

Phenom-in-all 01-03-09 02:24 PM

taped the rose bowl and watched it at like 4am lovin it... can't wait for this. boomer..

Cola 01-03-09 03:44 PM

Quote:
31-17.

ANOTHER "SEC DEFENSE" exposed.

rofl

dont get me wrong, i thikn i just feel in love with Utah...their D reminds me of the Raven's...quick and hard hitting

but dont play yourself, we both know that Utah's offense wasn't really doing all around THAT much against bama's D....it was more of the fact that Utah's D was destroying Bama's O.

than again, i can't say Utah's wild cat formation wasn't tottaly whoopin there ass either, i mean fuck....that shit reminded me of the old Tim Tebow....give him the ball watch him run for 6 yards, even IF you know its going to happen, you can't stop it.

word @ Utah

fuck Saban

Go Texas

J. Luth 01-03-09 06:21 PM

^DUDE rofl... Utah scored TD's on their first 3 TDs. There was no way that Bama's D "gave up" cuz the Utah D was stuffing their Offense. It was first quarter, Bama D was full of energy, Utah just walked all over them.

Same with Ole Miss, imagine if Crabtree wasn't injured.

Every SEC defense hasn't looked that great this bowl season. They just had weak offenses that skewed the numbers.

I'm not worried about OU not being able to move the ball.

My worry is special teams mostly, and stopping Tebow. More concerned about special teams. OU's been AWFUL.

The Texas game. OU hit that TD to make it 14-3, defense owning McCoy. EVERYTHING going Sooners way, then Shipley's kick off return sprung back life into Texas and got them going again.

Either way gonna be great game.. BRADFORD IS THE TRUTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom-in-all
taped the rose bowl and watched it at like 4am lovin it... can't wait for this. boomer..

..SOONER!!

fuck USC tho, Carroll basically shitting on OU and Florida after the game.

Cola 01-03-09 06:23 PM

Quote:
^DUDE rofl... Utah scored TD's on their first 3 TDs. There was no way that Bama's D "gave up" cuz the Utah D was stuffing their Offense. It was first quarter, Bama D was full of energy, Utah just walked all over them.

Same with Ole Miss, imagine if Crabtree wasn't injured.

Every SEC defense hasn't looked that great this bowl season. They just had weak offenses that skewed the numbers.

I'm not worried about OU not being able to move the ball.

My worry is special teams mostly, and stopping Tebow. More concerned about special teams. OU's been AWFUL.

The Texas game. OU hit that TD to make it 14-3, defense owning McCoy. EVERYTHING going Sooners way, then Shipley's kick off return sprung back life into Texas and got them going again.

Either way gonna be great game.. BRADFORD IS THE TRUTH

..SOONER!!

fuck USC tho, Carroll basically shitting on OU and Florida after the game.

rofl

fuck spul

juggermister and red bull make me agree with most of the shit you say

J. Luth 01-03-09 07:32 PM

Or just cuz I speak the truth b...

Alabama (The sec's #1 total defense) got EXPOSED last night son. And their WEAK offense, was the same that put up 28 on Florida's "great defense".

Julio jones was Bama's ONLY threat pretty much, and he had over 100+ yds and 2 TDs I think. OU has around 4 or 5 threats. adn not to mention the RB's coming out from the backfield.

Seriously, if Florida wins it will NOT be because of the defense. It will be special teams and their offense.

Cola 01-03-09 07:34 PM

so your saying that OU's defense collapsing is the only way that Florida will win, after you just made some huge parade about big 12 defense's collapsing?

irony much?

J. Luth 01-03-09 08:15 PM

^what? OU is in the big 12? wtf learn to make an argument that makes sense b.

And all I said was, EVERYONE is giving Florida's defense so much credit and calling them soo great.

Is anyone doing that for OU? Nope. Everyone EXPECTS OU's defense to crack. If they just stop florida ONCE without allowing points it'd be a step up from how much the media has been bashing them.

so again, I don't see your point. All I said was that Florida's defense won't be the factor like everyone thinks it will. It will most probably be a close game, and if Florida wins it will be because of their offense, not their defense.

Please make sense if you reply son. You do this in every sports thread. Makes me wonder if you actually watch the sport being discussed b

Cola 01-03-09 08:33 PM

Quote:
^what? OU is in the big 12? wtf learn to make an argument that makes sense b.

And all I said was, EVERYONE is giving Florida's defense so much credit and calling them soo great.

Is anyone doing that for OU? Nope. Everyone EXPECTS OU's defense to crack. If they just stop florida ONCE without allowing points it'd be a step up from how much the media has been bashing them.

so again, I don't see your point. All I said was that Florida's defense won't be the factor like everyone thinks it will. It will most probably be a close game, and if Florida wins it will be because of their offense, not their defense.

Please make sense if you reply son. You do this in every sports thread. Makes me wonder if you actually watch the sport being discussed b

spul....honestly, i'm drunk and about to go out to eat at a great mexican place, i also just found a dope 04 bmw...wish me luck, cuz i am gonna try and get it

whoodi!

J. Luth 01-03-09 08:35 PM

fuck that son. It's about that Lexus-IS-F son...

I'm saving up, and trading in Eclipse for that.

The original plan was to save up and trade in for that Lotus Exige. BUT... with this northeastern weather? LOOLLLLL and the exiges HORRIBLE rear viision, and it would die in snow. So I'm better off with the Lexus. Plus the IS-F is sickkk

Cola 01-03-09 10:15 PM

word @ that shit son

weather here SUCKS ass hole aswell, thats why i'm gonan get the BMW (hopefully)...its an allwheel drive, trip tronic auto/stick..so my g/f and i can both enjoy the shit out of it.....its a dope lookin car, i dont know if i'll get it, but i hope i can...its an 04 with 39k on it for 17 thousand...gay thing is its only a 325i, so it's not the exact one i want, but...oh well.

but as far as a lexus, yeah i almost looked into buying one, and i totally would get one if it was the right type of lexus, but most of the ones out where i live are just gay as fuck and either too old, or just not he type of style i enjoy...but i love certain types of Lexus's way more than BMW's...specailly the ones that look like the 350z's

so...even if we aint Eclipse brothers...were always car lovers

J. Luth 01-03-09 10:18 PM

^LOL son.

but yea, dude I think that's a bad deal. an '04 BMW with that many miles for 17 g's? hell no... I've seen CURRENT 3 series models with less than half those miles for low to mid 20 g's.

Invest a few more G's and get the current one son.

Those have the angel eyes halos :love:

Cola 01-03-09 10:21 PM

word, only thing is...is that i dont wanna drive 1000 miles to go look at a car...and than not wanna buy it, i have to find something i like in my city or closest city around me....

and like i stated, BMW's/Lexus/Merchedes aren't the type of car you gonna find around here

most people drive WRX's

which are dope cars...but i would much rather get a BMW

J. Luth 01-03-09 10:59 PM

dude, well it would be worth it instead of buying that horrible deal son!

TeamOne 01-08-09 07:11 PM

uppinnnnnnnnnnn

TeamOne 01-08-09 08:29 PM

OU's line is looking Really solid right now............

Phenom-in-all 01-08-09 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOne
OU's line is looking Really solid right now............

gangsta...... Chris Brown killin it

J. Luth 01-08-09 09:52 PM

wow tho.. OU got Florida's o's number. but wow I'm so fucking pissed. Last two times two stupid shits.

First time in goaline in 1. That 3rd down, or ONE of the downs should have been fucking PA. They had everyone there, you got a fucking 6'8" TE. USE HIM!

second time right before half. they get first. then the pass, for ONE if caught would have been inbound, and two, too tightly covered. arghh horrible decision.

2 blown opps inside the 10. that pisses me off. Sooner or later that shit will bite you in the ass.

arghh

disappointing first half for offense. Great for defense.

TeamOne 01-08-09 10:04 PM

yea surprisingly good game for such a low score.... both times i think it was boneheaded decisions... shouldve kicked the field goal or done play action, brown wasnt getting it down the field by running people over

and 2nd time they shouldve only thrown it IN the endzone or kicked a field goal....

J. Luth 01-08-09 10:11 PM

yea exactly man. I mean usually Brown is the bang a nig down RB. But not against how Florida was lining up man. They had everyone up there. PA had a better success chance.

and arghhh i just hate it. IF OU goes on to lose, those two possesions are gonna haunt me the rest of my life lol

at least the last two OU choke jobs they played shit and had no chance to win. This time, they actually outplaying florida, but not finishing.

Cola 01-09-09 12:08 AM

haHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

OU showed up in a huge way

.Ike. 01-09-09 12:21 AM

like i tried to tell you before...offense wins games..defense wins championships. And you didnt want to believe me spully...

SEC > Big 12.

Cola 01-09-09 12:23 AM

rofl

best game i've seen in a while

Bradford just threw for huge numbers

best play in the whole game was like, OU's fourth play...threw it down the field and that reciver just got fucking smashed