RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Poetic Scriptures (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   -True Colors- (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=45662)

DaGyrlRemarqabL 05-10-03 06:03 PM

-True Colors-

Where the bluest of ocean meets pink skies on the horizon.
Rainbow Raindrops capsizing; The morning sun rising.
These interaction of hues, are of satisfaction to you?
You say yes, But I know your attraction's untrue.
The mixed green and light blue, of a mornings fresh dew.
The black night changing to, the white moonlight's debut.
Through and through; I cant see how one could draw this view:
That when its nature, its beauty. But when its skin, it's taboo.

All too true. We're Like a 'facial-formation', to be honest,
Our interracial-relation causes people to 'frown' on-us.
Cuz they keep bigoted minds shut-tight like an eye-lid
And fidget with the twines of anything hy-brid.
For they love the blossom of deep purple, and would never wish to fade-it.
But forget it was blue and red petals that came together to create-it.
May not fit-in ur-group if one's peach and another's brown
But we stick-to-our-'roots', since we 'hold eachother down'.
Feelings deep, you can't dodge it; you just can't dislodge it
Why must ours be a battle between love and logic?
Love says: "Ive been there since the first time you kissed-him"
Logic says: "You cant marry a muslim and a Christ-ian."
But forget-them, and fuck that whole world they exist-in,
For if we were resisting, look what we'd be missing.
Tho he has different hues in the hint of his face,
I wouldnt fix them to match; not a tint nor a trace.
Even tho if they did, we would be more accepted
But why wish change on somethin already perfected.
I see his true colors, and there's nothing Id trade
For together, we make the most beautiful shade.

The Necromancer 05-11-03 04:02 AM

Wow. You've seriously got a way with words. I mean, you rhyme things and you play with them and it doesn't even look like your trying yet you got such awe-inspiring material. And the subject matter itself, inter-raciality, is expressed through your veiws on how you see it and it makes others, in this case me, see what you see.

See, when you speak of the sea, I see what you see, see? Yeah...

Amazing.

~Shalom~

varentao 05-11-03 07:20 AM

Got no real comments on this piece....it was powerful, and er...well as i said, don't feel my words would do it justice...

...so instead i'll just say it was so damn well written like always...

...resp...

Ich Heisse 05-11-03 07:23 AM

Madd respect for this piece. Tight wordplay and like he said, words couldn't do it justice....

DaGyrlRemarqabL 05-11-03 12:18 PM

Thank you very much Necro, V, Heisse...Mad Luv to u all for takin the time. I appreciate it. Thanks again.

Prolyfic 05-11-03 01:26 PM

that was sick as hell, for real!!!!! ive read alot of poetry an that shyt was tha truth...thats about all i could say, peep my shyt tho i wanna see what u would think its under has ne1 ever felt like this...

R-Cypher 05-11-03 01:35 PM

I can honestly say out of all the pieces i have read i would say this is the most beautiful one. I read poems from my gal friends and i love it. So pleaze do write some more i look forward to it.

How long did it take u to write it? I wish i could write like that but i have trouble gettin stuff from mind to paper.

DaGyrlRemarqabL 05-11-03 08:54 PM

Thanks a lot.
This particular piece I think too me about 20-25 mins to write.

varentao 05-11-03 09:05 PM

I don't usually do this. As i don't excel at doing them (i.e. i stink at them usually)..

..but you want to do a collab sometime? I'm just intrigued by the way you write, yet reach such depth with imagery. And would like to play off that.

Anyway, if you don't, it aint no bother. Just an idea, one that is kind of fleeting at that....

PM if the answer is oui or si...

DaGyrlRemarqabL 05-12-03 08:42 PM

V, you've got mail.

nunother 05-12-03 10:39 PM

Damnnnn...that hit a nerve wit me haha- it was so true, like..it was one of the poems u read, and u jus think-
the flow--on point... the topic--on point is was jus amazing, i dont know how else to put it, jus take it as the highest complement..

DaGyrlRemarqabL 05-13-03 03:46 PM

^Thank you. I really appreciate it.

DaGyrlRemarqabL 05-15-03 11:31 PM

One more time up

AngelicSheShe 05-15-03 11:48 PM

I have been wantign to get to read some of your shit but never got the chance until now. Your good real good.. (can't be better than me though *wink*) You know i"m palying we can be equal lol... OoNnEe

§olja*Lyricist 05-15-03 11:56 PM

real nice man!

DaGyrlRemarqabL 05-16-03 06:46 PM

Thanks.

DaGyrlRemarqabL 05-18-03 01:51 PM

Somebody...Anybody..

Legendary 05-18-03 04:40 PM

This was probably one of the deepest ones I've read on here. Actually, it was the deepest. I completely agree that words can't do this justice. You need a hug for this one ;)

I liked how you compared the sky colors to skin colors. Wow, this one should be in a book.

"Where the bluest of ocean meets pink skies on the horizon.
Rainbow Raindrops capsizing; The morning sun rising.
These interaction of hues, are of satisfaction to you?
You say yes, But I know your attraction's untrue.
The mixed green and light blue, of a mornings fresh dew.
The black night changing to, the white moonlight's debut.
Through and through; I cant see how one could draw this view:
That when its nature, its beauty. But when its skin, it's taboo."

That whole part there was very good. You made it so easy to picture real life with just words. Then I liked how that last line fit in there.

"For they love the blossom of deep purple, and would never wish to fade-it.
But forget it was blue and red petals that came together to create-it.
May not fit-in ur-group if one's peach and another's brown
But we stick-to-our-'roots', since we 'hold eachother down'."

I really liked those lines too. I wish I could say more about why I liked it but I can't. All I can say is that it was extremely good.

"Love says: "Ive been there since the first time you kissed-him"
Logic says: "You cant marry a muslim and a Christ-ian."
But forget-them, and fuck that whole world they exist-in,"

This part is something I kind of disagreed with. I mean, love is blind, so I'm not saying Christians and Muslims shouldn't marry. But, being a Christian, I can understand how hard it would be to do that. Both religions say not to marry someone of different faith. I dunno, I guess I'm just saying make sure the Love is real before going through with something like that. It would be a lot of hard times for both people.

"Tho he has different hues in the hint of his face,
I wouldnt fix them to match; not a tint nor a trace.
Even tho if they did, we would be more accepted
But why wish change on somethin already perfected.
I see his true colors, and there's nothing Id trade
For together, we make the most beautiful shade."

Ah man, this was another good part of it. Damn, I wish I could explain more why I liked it. It went together very well. It couldn't be any more true.

I pretty much quoted your whole piece here, and I'm sure this response is going to be a mile long, but I feel it's the least I could do in response to such a good piece. The hug is always open for you but you have to come to me to get it :P

Legendary 05-18-03 04:50 PM

I just noticed your post to me in the "life through the eyes of a bird" post and wanted to say sorry for overlooking you :P It was definately my loss..hehe.

DaGyrlRemarqabL 05-18-03 09:23 PM

Legendary..You're my new best friend.
heh, Naw, but seriously..THANK YOU so much for that reply. That just makes it worth posting. I really, sincerely, appreciate it.

Legendary 05-18-03 09:33 PM

lol :) Well if you keep posting I'll keep replying to it. I'm definately going to be reading whatever you post here in the future.

evilbombsquad 05-19-03 04:50 AM

as one good turn well deserves anotha rite back. i must say this is defintly sum good stuff. love how ya took a deep and close 2 heart subject and just florished it with the rite mix of emotions and imagery that ya blew me back in my steps foe a second. ya flow in ya first verse was rapid pace almost a tounge twister. well used, grabbing my attention untill the the mighty unveiling, where ya second verse just demands attention with a raw power just screaming to vent out. sum serios emotions coming out with an intent. but enought about this and that im just lettin ya know this was a joy to read so stAy up

peace

latina4life 05-19-03 08:11 PM

dat waz tight girl! it waz really good!! one of da best

DaGyrlRemarqabL 05-20-03 05:03 PM

Thanks very much you two^

Malcolm_X 05-20-03 05:37 PM

sick piece. wordz were amazing, and it all flowed real good. feelin that fo sure.

MC^2 05-20-03 08:19 PM

you dont know me and you dont owe me a thing. my comments would just get lost in the sea of love your already drowning in. beautiful as always. kash rulez everything around missremarkable k.r.e.a.m get the money. xoxox

Lowd Mowf 05-20-03 10:58 PM

I cant even express the feelings I had while reading the piece, nor can I quote my favorite part from it. If I had to, I think I would be forced to quote the entire piece and then highlight it. Maybe underline some pieces.

This was dope, you speak so well with words and the inner rhyme scheme is untouchable by any other female netcee I've seen or heard about. This is truely the gift to others.

Well, enough flattering you. Do audio with me, and I'll be happy. You know how I love you GeGe, come back to the freak-nest whenever you have time.

DaGyrlRemarqabL 05-21-03 10:35 PM

ah, ^My two favorite fellz.

JAYJAY!!! I luh mah jayjay, thanks for the response babe, you know i love ya.

Zacky..thank ya baby. I'd say thats one of the best compliments anyone's ever given me on here. The freak-nest part that is. hehe.. JK. Thanks boo.

the illestchic 05-22-03 11:42 AM

Very nice Gyrl
imagery flow and all
keep doin ur thang
*~ nothin but love~*

DaGyrlRemarqabL 05-23-03 04:27 PM

thanks, gyrl.

Fo' Real 05-23-03 07:11 PM

I never post on the poety i just read them, but i mean this one took me away, i sat for 20 minutes after reading it just imagining you writing it, it had so much feeling to it, it wasnt just writing, that doesnt justify it, it was like alive, it took me away and nothing me or anyone could say or write could do justice to this piece... keep up the good work, ill definetely be reading up on more of your poety.
~out~

Legendary 05-23-03 07:42 PM

Damn, your poem got more replies than mine even got looks..hehe. My first drop dropped straight to the bottom :P

Fo' Real, here's a link with another one of her pieces on it. Since you liked this one, like everyone else in this forum, you'll love this one.

http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthr...&threadid=44227

Fo' Real 05-23-03 07:53 PM

hm checked it up dat is......... "woah" i believe the word was i said after readin it! no wonder tis in legends.......

DaGyrlRemarqabL 05-25-03 11:49 PM

awww. Thanks yall.

DiverseSyndicate 05-27-03 06:52 AM

well like your pieces back in the day when i was on this site a few years ago your shit is remarkable,i love your style on this piece inparticular.your words twist together and blend so perfectly,well keep postin these ill ass pieces.peace out boo.

varentao 05-28-03 08:58 PM

This is extraordinary! I don't think i've seen one piece get so many peeps on here (at least not for a long long time)...

Has to be in the legends section.

It's has such an esoteric 'beauty' to it (through my 'eyes' anyway..)...

*~BaKardii~* 05-29-03 12:10 PM

to where you always come ill mommie always have'nt seen nuthing from ya I did'nt like nuthin at all :)
I really cant say much else I mean everybody been showin ya love so it look like they took most of what I was go speak on but uh just wanted you to know I acknowledged it holler atcha gul
*~BaKCardii~*

DaGyrlRemarqabL 05-30-03 04:55 PM

MaddThankYouZ

Noiz 05-31-03 08:22 AM

Thats The Best ive Seen All Day....More Like A Rap, But Could Be Considered Poetry...Good Job

DaGyrlRemarqabL 06-01-03 11:31 PM

thnx player