RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Audio Tournament (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Quarter Finals: BlakListed .vs. Martinelli (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=58142)

AlcaTrakz 06-16-03 05:38 AM

Quarter Finals: BlakListed .vs. Martinelli

Quarter Finals Schedule:

Check in by Tuesday 12AM EST (MIDNIGHT)
Audios due by Friday 12AM EST (MIDNIGHT) (june 20th)
Voting ends on Sunday (june 22nd)

1) There is a 1 minute minimum and 3:30 maximum for all audio battles.
2) No recycling or biting in any form or you will be banned from the tournament.
3) You must post your audio with the username you signed in with.
4) ONLY TOURNEY PARTICIPANTS, USERS WITH 200+ POSTS, OR MODS MAY VOTE. ALL OTHER VOTES WILL NOT COUNT.

THE COMPLETE RULES: http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/sho...&threadid=52260

BLaKLiSTeD 06-16-03 12:14 PM

rematch.

holla back yung'n.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

Baysick 06-16-03 02:39 PM

yup, gun be good..

BLaKLiSTeD 06-21-03 12:32 AM

it'll be up right after I take this monstrous ass dump...

Bitin' M&M's

it'll be up.

BLaKLiSTeD 06-21-03 12:56 AM

wtf..and he no-shows.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

Baysick 06-21-03 02:53 AM

Heres mine, Sorry about the lateness, My internet was down all day..

I didnt do anything to my verse but for the record, Ive never bitten anything from anyone, Thats like saying no one has ever used a concept twice, with that bein said...

http://www.soundclick.com/util/stre...?ID=410816&q=Lo

http://www.soundclick.com/util/stre...?ID=410816&q=Hi

http://www.soundclick.com/util/Down...g.cfm?ID=410816

----LYRICS

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/Lyr...4&songid=410816

----LYRICS

Oh, and dont hate on a brother for bein able to sing, haha

BLaKLiSTeD 06-21-03 02:53 AM

GoD HaTeS BiTeRS.

__________________________________________________ __
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

Absense 06-21-03 09:30 AM

Blacklisted - Dam long ass audios in this round.. intro went on to long. Sounds like u have a nice voice, quality is so-so.. beat is gannnngsta.. flow is pretty cool ..so high pitch scaring my dogs LMAOOO ...some times hard to hear what you saying.. whos that singing?!.. pretty cool verse.

Martinelli - I'll read along to anyone who takes the time to drop the lyrics to, flow is nice man... sounds like you using a harsh compressor your vocals bit weird.. nice voice ..nice beat suits you well, in a good way lol.. hot multis, sound more polished than black, some nice lines too ...impressive verse man.

Conclusion - Both came nice, but i think martinelli edged it with better flow and delivery ...overall sounded more polished, but nice battle, both got talent.

VOTE - Martinelli

Baysick 06-21-03 04:35 PM

^Those lines were not fuckin bitten..I dont know who the fuck you are but you can shut the fuck up, sure yur vote counts, but yur still a wack ass piece of shit

Im sick of that gay shit, Aww man that concept is bitin, its fuckin ignorant of anyone to think that theyve never had a concept repeated, so how bout you stop bein a fuckin gay ass..

And I dont even post on RM..So shut the fuck up..

BLaKLiSTeD 06-21-03 04:41 PM

damn killah...simma down...maybe we should just stay out of the thread and let the voters vote from this point on, aiight...

i'm sorry for pointin' out that you jacked a few lines man...maybe you didn't do it on purpose or something...maybe some subliminal shit happened....

like you said in the beef thread man, good battle, reguardless of the outcome...

vote yall...

1 - 1

Jae Cyph 06-21-03 04:58 PM

Thats pretty fucked up if that bite shit was true . . .

BlaKLiStED: Hmmm .. HAHAHAHA @ INTRO! Nice Flow, Nice Punches, Delivery Pretty Nice, Quality Is Fucking Butt.
Nice Verse Though, AHA @ Outro Also . . .

Martinelli: Nice Flow Man, Punches Arent As Good As Usual, Delivery Isn't Bad, Pretty Good Verse . ..

Overall Close Battle, But I Have To Give It To BlaKLiStEd By a Nut Hair.

Phrantik 06-21-03 06:03 PM

vote: martinelli.

his flow was amazing, and he had some raw lines. (not what im used to hearin from you) but they were tight. his quality was well above blacklisted and i think that was one of the deciding factors in this. get that fixed B and i bet you'll go way further.
black's intro was hilarious tho.. i dont think the lines were biten tho.. both have major potential, black you just need to work on your quality, dope beat but i had to really listen for your voice. lmao at havin gonzo sing on your track.

but on the real: vote Gonzo

...OpeY... 06-21-03 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Vyrous
BLaKLiSTeD- HAHAHAHAHA...at the intro...damn kid, if that bitin shit's true you're a fag. Damn BLaK studied his fuckin background on some LL vs. Canibus type shit. hahaha. alright. this beat is Gangsta as hell. Kid's ridin it nice. feelin the G.E.D. line...Dogs LOL...D-E-F phone was ill...the insomniac kids accapella part was tight. ROFL @ OUTRO w/ Martinelli singing...is that really him? hahaha. The flow was nice, punches were pretty funny, no REAL eye poppers though. This was a nice verse. yeah, like everyone else said, your quality was BAD for this round. I've heard you in earlier rounds and it was better man. Don't slip kid.

Martinelli- never heard someone rock over this before in a battle. The flow was very nice. The lines were decent but there weren't and hard lines man. Flow consistant as hell, that was the hottest part of your verse. Titanic part was funny. I think that this would have been better if you had harder lines. Your quality was better, but they lyrical was not there to me. lol@ props to alldig.

okay overall this was a very nice battle. BLaK listed had the lyrics & Punchlines, Martinelli had the flow and quality. My vote is going to have to go to BLaKLiSTeD by a lil bit. I think his punchlines were harder and his verse was more entertaining.

I hope that shit about you biting isn't true dawg.

vote = BLaKLiSTeD

I would add to this right here but damn.... what more is there to say. He broke it down pretty clear so I'ma just have to give this one a "zacly" and be down with it.

vote: Black

AlcaTrakz 06-21-03 06:35 PM

Blak -

intro is funny..but doesnt help winning...intros are just for fun...and if theres an issue, such as BITING...then you should clown him in the audio...

"bitin my shit"...thats not really a clever line....

"ride a beat / with a seat" BOOOOOOO

"text style / textile" line was cooo

"wrappin sloppy and fast" were coo

outro was mad funny..but again doesnt add to anything....because you didnt say anythign about him singing in your actuall verse....

Martinelli -

"pathalogical ine..." ok

"piss on faec line" funny

"titanic line" ok

"monkey" line was funny

"pay admission" line was funny

"stereo type" line was ill

i gotta go with martinelli on this one..barely edged it....

if blak woulda actually put dope lines in his verse ABOUT the biting and singing, it woulda been a wrap....

[b]Vote - Martinelli

Sureal 06-21-03 06:48 PM

juss' lettin you know that the poll should be 3 - 3...

Absense (competitor) = Vote Martenelli
X'pozd Vote Does not Count= (under 200 posts) (Crew Forum Mods Are Not Counted As Mods On The Site)
Jae Cyph (mod/ocer 200) - Vote Blaklisted
Phrantik (mod/over 200) - Vote Martinelli
Vyrous (over 200 posts) -Vote Blaklisted
Spliviticus (Competitor/over 200) - Vote Blacklisted
Djx (mod/competitor/over 200) Vote Martinelli

just lookin out for both competitors making sure the voting shit coming through alright..

As For me, Im Not Going To Vote On This Because... Both Seemed Equally Good To Me, And I Can Not Fairly Call It Because They Were So Damn Close.

Hope This Shit Helped You Out

-Sureal

AxL is God 06-21-03 07:39 PM

Blacklisted- I can tell this was rushed. Not the usual quality man. Punches are nice. Intro really hurt him. Everyone might not think so. . but yes it did. LMAO @ I beat Eminem. Punches were pretty dope. A lot of personals. Loved it. Flow was on point. Quality was the only thing bad. But I'm sure you have your reasons.

Crook Ed- Flow is nicer then usual. You've improved it. Punches are played man. Seriously. You usually have raw punches. This time they were too lackluster. Maybe you sacraficed punches for flow or whatever. . but they just didn't work this time. Had a few ok ones here and there. . but not consistent enough to win.

Crook Ed was a let down to me. Blak took this and it didn't seem that hard. Punches just out-weighed heavily.

Vote- BlakListed

Sprungy 06-21-03 10:45 PM

vote martinelli

he had a smooth flow and his lyrics were better.. stereotype line was dope..i dunno about your delviery though gonzo.. theres something i ain't feel about it.. like its missing that zest... i thought black had an ok flow.. delivery wasnt too bad.. just again i felt there was something missing.. i preffered martinellis flow more, lyrics were about even

vote - martinelli

Yung-Foul-Mouth 06-22-03 12:46 AM

blaks shit was hilarious..lmao...

Martinelli was pretty ill...nice flow and shit..I heard u bit....but yeah good job

Blaks shit was hilarious....he barely spat..juss had the other dudes clips and shit...but it was hilirious..and when he was fucking singing..lmmfao...

my vote:blaklisted

The End 06-22-03 02:36 AM

"ups to alldig" ... yeah.. whatever.. lol

I thought this battle was really close. Martinelli, your flow was on point as always. I liked your punches and overall presentation. BlakListed, your intro was good.. I liked how you showed you did your homework. Like others said, you should have included what you found in your 'homework' a little more in your rhymes though. Your verse was good, only bad thing was the quaility which others already pointed on. Your outro was hilarious.. had me rollin.. lol

Vote - BlakListed

G. Buttersworth 06-22-03 05:57 PM

both came hard as hell.. in my opinon.

Black... had a good delivery.. flow was on point..

Gonzo... had a excellent delivery...flow was also on point..

Black... you had some hard hitting punches.. here and there
but at times... i couldn't understand some of the lyrics...
oh the singin was type.. funny... not that it sounded like shit.. it's the way he through you out there..lol..

Gonzo... i hate that fuckin beat.. fuckin lil bow wow.. but you did ride it lovely..the punches were on point... some funny ones here and there...

damn.. this was a muthafuckin even ass battle...

damn but i think martinelli... had a lil edge with his punches...\\

vote= martinelli

DaviD WoRdplay 06-22-03 06:14 PM

Blaklisted:Nice intro... pointing out the biting, Flow consistant throughout the track, good delivery... some good punches and personals... lol nice outro, who the fuck singing? Invasion huh..

Martinelli: flow was on point, the dick line was gay. Some aight punches... only a few personals... you could've came with some harder punches... pretty good battle track

Vote: BlakListed.. Both had a nice tracks, but I was feelin' blak's punches...

Caramac 06-22-03 08:07 PM

Blacklisted- This did sound kinda rushed to me, quality wasnt as good as im used to hearing from you, Intro was hilarious...ehhh, punches arent reallt that hard hitting...a couple personals here and there...again, nothing really too hard...your flows your best aspect...quality let you down, this wasnt bad, but you could of done better IMO.

Crook Ed- you started off pretty tight there...your flow is dope...youve improved it a lot i see... good consistancy with the punches, kept hitting him, seems waaaaay better quality to this too, a few ok personals in there... not a bad verse, flow again was your strongpoint in this...

Everyone is saying blacklisted had more punches over Crook ed but I didnt really see them, seriously, most of his lines were played, nothing too hard, his quality was poor too, flow was pretty even, crook just came with a more p[olished audio as a whole, better quality and he was more consistant wityh his punches, a few played ones here and there, but IMO he took this with his punches, they just edged black out in this one

Vote: Crook Ed

Un-Skrypted 06-22-03 08:40 PM

Black Listed : Nice with the intro and outro but that shit aint getting a win. Flow was off, I cant believe you got Invasion on the track *I was Project Mayhem* But umm, overall just an average track that was a little difficult to make out at times because of the beat as some mentioned earlier.

Mart : Some lines were played but the flow was so on point it didnt matter too much. Nice quality, rode the beat well, funny outro, consistent overall in delivery.

Vote - Mart... overall just a step higher.

Mad Man 06-22-03 09:47 PM

Aight, the poll is still closed, so I'll poll if it opens:

First off, I liked Black's intro, it was pretty dope, you had me from start to finish just loving that stuff. Other then your beat, which was not that great, but my favorite line was that one "Oh I just bit Eminem, now we're even."

Martinelli I didn't like how you responded to Blacks verse, it was alright, but I really think Black had you

Vote= BlackListed

UNDERATED~OVERHATED 06-22-03 09:54 PM

BLaKLiSTeD- HAHAHAHAHA...at the intro...damn kid, if that bitin shit's true you're a fag. Damn BLaK studied his fuckin background on some LL vs. Canibus type shit. hahaha. alright. this beat is Gangsta as hell. Kid's ridin it nice. feelin the G.E.D. line...Dogs LOL...D-E-F phone was ill...the insomniac kids accapella part was tight. ROFL @ OUTRO w/ Martinelli singing...is that really him? hahaha. The flow was nice, punches were pretty funny, no REAL eye poppers though. This was a nice verse. yeah, like everyone else said, your quality was BAD for this round. I've heard you in earlier rounds and it was better man. Don't slip kid.

Martinelli- never heard someone rock over this before in a battle. The flow was very nice. The lines were decent but there weren't and hard lines man. Flow consistant as hell, that was the hottest part of your verse. Titanic part was funny. I think that this would have been better if you had harder lines. Your quality was better, but they lyrical was not there to me. lol@ props to alldig.

no need to repeat...balck got my vote..just cuz he didnt sound like a bitch

R-Rated 06-22-03 10:48 PM

Yo I defintly liked Martinelli way better den BlakListed. I like Marti's flow and just his shit was tight. His punches where good and his flow was da bomb.

Vote=Martinelli

pEace

Xpoz'D 06-22-03 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sureal
[b]X'pozd Vote Does not Count= (under 200 posts)

Check again .. i got my 200 post, and if you like i`ll retype everything just so im voting over 200 post now.

:)

My vote does count .. sissy.

Xpoz'D 06-22-03 11:12 PM

Mart ... your beat selection was ass ... i didnt feel much of your lines, and emotion needs a kick in the ass.

Blak ... your emotion was better and you were on beat more, lyrics were better also.

vote- blak

sorry about the short explanation, but they deleted my long one.

Clockwork 06-22-03 11:18 PM

Ok i downloaded both of these so i could listen to em enough to get a decision...

stamina - you didnt start rappin until 1:20 into the track...this is just my opinion but i think your skill as an emcee should shine, not your ability to make an intro...lines was aight, nothin stood out to me though.

martinelly - going straight at him, flows nice on this, lines were also decent.

overall i think martinelly was more polished and his lines was a little bit nicer...

vote - martinelli

DaLyricalWhiz 06-22-03 11:23 PM

yo i vote martinelli i felt is disses was more direct than blak,
both came with heat tho,
blak intro was crazy
martinelli came out swingin tho, seemed like he wanted it more

NOTMetaSin 06-22-03 11:43 PM

This battle was very close...BLaK had the punchlines...the intro was insane...I dunno about the biting and all that, but i really felt the verse. Not the best ebat for you style, No more west coast for you...lol

Martinelli's flow was very nice...he really shined in the flow and delivery department. The lines were not as ill as blaklisted tho....

it was a close battle, on of the closest I've EVER heard...
but vote = BLAKLISTED

HellRaizor 06-22-03 11:44 PM

lol i liked black's dropped more his shit got my vote his ounches were kinda sluggish but he edged this one out for me martin ya drop was nice too but i didnt feel you punches at all

vote-black

-1-

BLaKLiSTeD 06-23-03 12:58 AM

eh...it's tomorrow now...

no more votes.

good battle...I'm sleepy as fuck.

hope the threads are up when I wake up...

tight battle martinelli...

pZ...

alldig 06-23-03 04:11 AM

10-10 (explained votes). Looks like a tie. Both will move on and I will make a 3 way for the semifinals. CLOSED..........................