RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Yo Mad Dog.... (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=251504)

J. Luth 04-13-10 09:22 PM

lol @ thinking every team that was heavily favored wins. Need i remind you of the USA-USSR match of 1982 or w/e it was. It was a bunch of COLLEGE KIDS. Nobodys in hockey versus the best PROFESSIONAL players in the world. Yet who won? Oh yeah, the US. There's a movie about it too if you need to check.

Then in basketball way too many upsets to name from schools that shouldn't even be playing on the same court as the top ranked teams who are supposed to be soo superior.

Any team can win on any night. If it was a best of 5 or something, sure I'd say USA had no chance. But this is ONE game.

You'd be stupid to think a result is ever guaranteed in sports. It's not what's on paper that matters. Remember that

Mad Dog 04-14-10 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Luth
lol @ thinking every team that was heavily favored wins. Need i remind you of the USA-USSR match of 1982 or w/e it was. It was a bunch of COLLEGE KIDS. Nobodys in hockey versus the best PROFESSIONAL players in the world. Yet who won? Oh yeah, the US. There's a movie about it too if you need to check.

Then in basketball way too many upsets to name from schools that shouldn't even be playing on the same court as the top ranked teams who are supposed to be soo superior.

Any team can win on any night. If it was a best of 5 or something, sure I'd say USA had no chance. But this is ONE game.

You'd be stupid to think a result is ever guaranteed in sports. It's not what's on paper that matters. Remember that

Valid point...you'll still lose though

J. Luth 04-14-10 08:38 AM

fuck you b. 1-0 US or 1-1. That's what's going down.

King Solo 04-15-10 03:38 AM

I notice you drop hockey and basketball as examples. How about you drop some soccer examples, on an international level to in serious competition... not some random friendly match because no team takes them seriously.

Mad Dog 04-15-10 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po
I notice you drop hockey and basketball as examples. How about you drop some soccer examples, on an international level to in serious competition... not some random friendly match because no team takes them seriously.

Agreed...

...But its football...come on Po you're English too don't accomodate for the yankees :thumbup:

King Solo 04-15-10 12:38 PM

^ lol, true

give me some FOOTBALL examples then! :thumbup:

J. Luth 04-15-10 08:03 PM

I don't care about Soccer enough to know any big historical events, since I only give a fuck about soccer if it's World Cup or Chelsea is involved.

but in EVERY sport there has been monumental upsets. You're an idiot if you're trying to convince me that there has never been a huge upset in a soccer match.

Plus, it's the first match of the competition. Aka that's the time when upsets have the highest chance of occuring.

King Solo 04-16-10 04:58 AM

^ lol, you don't really know much about football do you.

Mad Dog 04-16-10 10:50 AM

You know what I hate...

American Soccer...

...For a start they run around holding a rugby ball but wearing over grown sanitary towels on their shoulders.

J. Luth 04-17-10 11:22 AM

HAHAHA look @ this:

http://www.soccerphile.com/soccerph...est-upsets.html

Look @ #3. sounds kinda familiar huh? ;)

damn us americans and our tendencies to upset everybody in their "own" sport. :evilgrin:

J. Luth 04-17-10 07:56 PM

damn tottenham. I find it funny tho mad dog how you now have to most likely cheer on Liverpool soon. hahaha

Mad Dog 04-18-10 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Luth
damn tottenham. I find it funny tho mad dog how you now have to most likely cheer on Liverpool soon. hahaha

thats the beauty of football...however tomorrow im cheering west ham on to beat liverpool...

liverpool is up for sale luth...and the guy running the sale is a chelsea fan!

Torres and Gerrard to Chelsea in the summer for £200,000.00

J. Luth 04-18-10 11:32 PM

LOL nah i meant, you'll be cheering for Liverpool to beat chelsea. They still have to play at Anfield if I'm not mistaken.

but big loss by Arsenal today. wordd

King Solo 04-19-10 11:13 AM

chelsea can suck a dick. cudn't even do us the slightest of favours. pssshhh, now we've got to take maximum points and hope tottenham drop at least 8pts, man city drop at least 6pts and aston vanilla drop at least 2pts.

and even then, we've got to rely on us scoring goals to boost the goal difference. I blame chelsea for this... at least scummy man utd did their part and beat city.

J. Luth 04-19-10 12:14 PM

wtf would that do for Liverpool? LOL