RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   If Eminem passes up 2pac in career sales (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=244145)

Indeph 09-28-07 03:35 PM

If Eminem passes up 2pac in career sales

How would you feel? I mean given Eminem's....advantage. Eminem is an incredible rapper, but I don't think it'd be fair at all for Pac to be passed up by him. Your thoughts

smokedout05 09-28-07 03:39 PM

Why would it not be "fair"?

Indeph 09-28-07 03:42 PM

How many times have you heard "I hate rap, but eminem's okay. All the other rappers talk about is money and hoes" come out of a rock fan's mouth? Obviously that statement isn't true, but what made so many of them give eminem a chance? Eminem's first single was played on a rock station. Even Eminem admitted if he wasn't white he wouldn't have sold half. Eminem at times is my favorite rapper(it shuffles -_-), but even I would have to admit most of eminem's success is attributed to that aspect of his appearance.

ThatsWhatSheSaid 09-28-07 03:42 PM

He'll still just be Eminem...

Indeph 09-28-07 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-Sydm
He'll still just be Eminem...

Eminem's dope tho. =/

Red Bull 09-28-07 03:55 PM

Who cares?

You know how many bands/artists deserve more career sales but are passed by extremely less talented bands?

Music is about music, it isn't about sales, whoever keeps track of that shit is retarded.

La Cosa Nostra 09-28-07 04:11 PM

So what bro...

Your talking about some irrelevent statistics, not about an artists credibility or anything thats actually to do with who either of these people are....

J Summers 09-28-07 04:20 PM

Eminem>tupac..basically..................................

L.E 09-28-07 04:36 PM

It's actually the state of the industry, and Eminem was just something new to market. So basically, it's timing's fault.

La Cosa Nostra 09-28-07 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Summers

Nah bro...

Incorrect...

09-28-07 08:37 PM

Love the opinions in this thread

:0

which reminds me.

Why am I here?

Indeph 09-28-07 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
So what bro...

Your talking about some irrelevent statistics, not about an artists credibility or anything thats actually to do with who either of these people are....

Yeah, I guess you're right. It was just sort of a minor honor for 2pac to be the "highest selling rapper of all time". Especially since next generation is gonna be filled with "2pac was overrated" statements coming from lil wayne worshippers.(not hating on him btw)

Brother Anubis 09-29-07 10:01 AM

sales dont mean shit.

Cola 09-29-07 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Summers

Your a fucking idiot

Ransum 09-29-07 10:47 AM

it wouldnt matter if he passed him in record sells....

he'd still be 2pac the hardest rapper ever...
and emeinem will still be the hardest white lyrisis bottom line...