RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   The Cerebral Approach (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=352)
-   -   Identity (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=242238)

Terumoto 05-14-07 10:39 PM

Identity

Would you be upset if you found out that you had no true identity?

M&rk 05-15-07 12:55 AM

no................ i would be happy cuz then i could get away with anything if no one knew who i was

Ysdat 05-15-07 01:34 AM

none of actually do have a "true identity"

Past Tense 05-15-07 01:40 AM

Terumoto 05-15-07 03:10 AM

True identity as in you, who you are, not some government formality crap or whatever. I am asking how you would feel if you found out it didn't exist.

Past Tense 05-15-07 03:38 AM

That doesn't make sense......I obviously exist.....i'm sitting here chatting on the net aren't I?

Terumoto 05-15-07 05:12 AM

Sure, you exist. That is to say, your consciousness is indeed conscious. Though your identity may not.

The person who is chatting on the net is just a mental thing that was constructed, not something that you actually "are" innately. Do you believe in an "essence" or soul type thing that makes you who you are?

Past Tense 05-15-07 04:10 PM

I just dont really like to worry about all that stuff. I just want to have fun and live. And by fun I don't mean PARTY ALL THE TIME AND SMOKE WEED AND SCREW CHICKS all the time fun I mean just enjoy the small things in life. And I beleive in God and I beleive Jesus Died on the cross for my sins. I try to live the life the best I can but I fall daily and theres no way I can ever earn myself into heaven. I just know the only way to him is through Jesus. Thats my belief. Its what I'm strong on. You couldn't presuade me other wise.

Implicit 05-15-07 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Past Tense
I just dont really like to worry about all that stuff. I just want to have fun and live. And by fun I don't mean PARTY ALL THE TIME AND SMOKE WEED AND SCREW CHICKS all the time fun I mean just enjoy the small things in life. And I beleive in God and I beleive Jesus Died on the cross for my sins. I try to live the life the best I can but I fall daily and theres no way I can ever earn myself into heaven. I just know the only way to him is through Jesus. Thats my belief. Its what I'm strong on. You couldn't presuade me other wise.

if you stand so strongly on all of that, then why dont you try to live the life that God has called you to live?

and why does it seem like you're using Romans 3:23 as an excuse to do whatever it is that you like to do?

seriously, its not that hard to stop smoking and stop going to partys..if God could help me through all of that, then He could definitely help you.

Implicit 05-15-07 04:20 PM

AND as far as the question of the thread...YES i would be upset if i found that out..but according to what I believe in personally i know that i am...

Past Tense 05-15-07 05:54 PM

Didn't you read what I said....I DONT need that stuff to be happy......

I said I just want to enjoy the small things in life....

Implicit 05-15-07 06:54 PM

^^^Oops..I missed this part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Past Tense
And by fun I don't mean

I basically thought you said that's what you do to have fun. My fault.

Terumoto 05-15-07 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Implicit
AND as far as the question of the thread...YES i would be upset if i found that out..but according to what I believe in personally i know that i am...

Really?! Well come on, tell me how you know. It would be great if my identity existed as well. How do you know?

Implicit 05-15-07 07:24 PM

because when i pinch myself i say "ow!" hahaha.

this seriously would suck..see they talk about this stuff all the time in my frends class and he tries to get me to believe it..but even if it were true, i wouldnt believe it just because thats how i am.

Past Tense 05-15-07 10:00 PM

its all gravy

but Terumoto why should I beleive you?

how Do i know what you say is true?