RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Audio Assistance (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Text -> Audio (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=239941)

ThatsWhatSheSaid 02-11-07 07:33 PM

Text -> Audio

I've been doin text on and off for years, way back before Rv around, but ive always wanted to do audio, never felt i have the voice for it but that changed, i think im going to give it a shot, whats the worst that could happen? Heh, hate, help, tips whatever, everythings accepted ;)

Enygma 02-11-07 09:09 PM

ohh.....that's an arrow pointing from text to audio. I thought you were saying text was greater than audio...lol

But anyway, there's all kinds of tutorials in here from people way back in the day to people that still frequent here such as myself and Apexx. You gotta let us know what you're working with first though :thumbup:

If you ain't got nothing at all, I suggest you find a download for Cool Edit Pro 2.0 if you have a PC. Get you some sort of mic to mess around with. If you're short on money don't go out and buy some expensive ass mic and then turn around and quit rapping cause you're too impatient to learn the ropes of mixing and shit. I'd either get ten dollar mic or an eighty dollar one. You can find good quality ones for around 80 bucks but they're definitely not the best. But to be honest, Apexx is probably the best to talk to about mics.....

ThatsWhatSheSaid 02-12-07 10:17 AM

^- Word ok, yeah i have cool edit pro 2, but they changed it to Adobe something i think, no? Mic wise i got that old school piece of crap the size of a ligther that comes with the computer, lol, i read some where about puttin tissue in a sock over it or something, first one will probably sound like ass but im going to do it anyway

ThatsWhatSheSaid 02-14-07 08:36 AM

Think i got all i need, well, the basic basics but it'll do for now, i just want to see if im capable, and if it sounds alright ima break the bank buyin good shit :laugh: but for now, got to wait for everyone to vacate the damn house so i can record, fuckin' snow day got everyone here :huh:

Ebircs 02-14-07 10:59 AM

thats bad ass man...happy for ya dude......

and most ppl dont like their voice @ 1st man....u gota tune it a bit ..that will come in time w pratice...do you man !

TROUBLESOMEā„¢ 02-14-07 12:54 PM

werd only way to know is by droppin youll find which style suits you best .....i hated my style at first now it workz very well :cool:
get at me if you ever need anything help wise
aim=rapzalot

Mad Dog 02-15-07 12:31 PM

ye man nice one...lol ye man like gus above me said...i too hated my voice at first but once you learn the ropes on mixing 'n' shit and also gain confidence on the mic and grasp the vocal side better you'll start to notice the change :thumbup:

good luck with it :thumbup:

Enygma 02-15-07 08:00 PM

Check out my Day 1 Audio Tutorial man.....it explains a lot of the basics and shit :thumbup:

Switch 03-02-07 09:48 AM

good man. im happy for you.
should have startd along time ago....

again goodluck. feel free to message me with questions if any...