RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Freestyling Question (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=170928)

MetEoR-K 01-07-05 02:58 PM

Freestyling Question

When freestyling, what do you think of to keep going, I am not sure if I'm doing it right, because I can ususally start off good, then get stuck after my 2-4th bar

How should my mind be thinking? Or Thinking of What.. or ... Something

MC IgGY 01-07-05 03:16 PM

honestly, i empty my mind, and let the words flow

JRoy 01-07-05 03:19 PM

^^word...but heres my lesson

I freestyle battle everyday at schooll....EVERYDAY....what you do is just let the words slip offa the tip of ya tounge...dont think to much..and just let it go and go and go...i could go forever if i wanted to....but just dont use the same words too much......and it should be pretty solid..... :thumbup:

MadProphet 01-07-05 03:21 PM

if you think then you try to get too complex and you get stuck thinking two things at once and fuck up what you say...i dont think i just spit

MetEoR-K 01-07-05 03:28 PM

But don't you have to think ahead a few rhyems to keep going.. tahst what I heard.. and when I try, I do get my self all mixed up heh

Aristokat 01-07-05 04:02 PM

naw... its just thinkin of the very next line 4 me... its like it comes wit practicin' and listenin to shit and comin up wit words that rhyme wit everything then u can just start wit the next line and hopefully the rhym will just come 2 u...

Adrenaline 01-07-05 04:06 PM

ya yo werd up...just let the words flow and when u get better that's because of two things:
experience of battling and knowing what words go together...pretty soon you'll be banging!!

p.s. vote on my battle y'all...ME vs MC PEEJAY

Oz™ 01-07-05 04:08 PM

damn.....i could go on foreva if i wanted....

i just think of the next line while im sayin 1 line...how do i do it?im just gifted like that

:thumbup:

Kswabbs 01-07-05 09:15 PM

I think of 5 things i wanna say, and then jus make up setups to rhyme with em, after that its freelance

Element 01-07-05 11:53 PM

You just gotta practice thinking about not thinking in a way...If you are able to just clear your mind and listen to a beat or something, the words will just naturally come.

OrEo da cookie 01-07-05 11:59 PM

o just make fun of people im battiling ill add in like what they wearing or like what they look like, but if i get stuck i use some shit i wrote and then go back to capping

Ysdat 01-08-05 12:12 AM

i usually only think of my first bar, the rest i am thinking one line ahead of what im saying. if i have a slight mind block that's when id use a frestyle filler....

i.e.....
fuck,shit, it's like,no doubt, let me swithc it up..........

thing's like that help me toward's the end of a freestyle,they pause time a bit so you can catch your mind up.

MC IgGY 01-08-05 12:20 AM

just let the words fall, dont think

Flamin Barz 01-08-05 12:39 AM

i just don't think and let it go - but when i do think - i think about the rhymin

Ysdat 01-08-05 12:41 AM

you have to think of your next rhyme.

hwo the fuck can you spit a freestyle without thinking. you need to think before you speak, you need to think to send a mesage to your voice box from your brain.

dont think,lol.