RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   what american beers do you drink mostly? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=250567)

La Cosa Nostra 05-15-09 09:23 AM

what american beers do you drink mostly?

just out of curiosity..

in our stores the american beer brands we have stocked are mostly like.. millers and budweiser..

but the thing is i know in most other countries they all stock fosters and act like thats the australian beer when over here barely any of us even drink it...

i like millers genuine draft, drinking that at the moment which is what made me make this thread...

but do you cats drink that at all or is there better american beers that we just dont have here?

J Summers 05-15-09 12:09 PM

miller products=gross
fosters=super gross
anhiezer busch products=delicious

do you have blue moon?
and there is a michigan brewer called Shorts that makes a delicious ale called Oberon it fuckin tastes like summer

J. Luth 05-15-09 02:51 PM

LOL those Foster's commercials

"FOSTERS... AUSTRALIAN FOR BEER!"

with that accent and shit

Jay Rose 05-15-09 03:00 PM

prolly best american beer is the sam adams line.....all of em taste great....

unfortunally mostly of what i drink is natural light....cuz im broke....but they grow on you....

national bohemian is a baltimore beer that can be good out of a bottle or draft but the cans suck....

there are some others but yeah id prefir a sam adams..

another bmore brewery is clipper city...and their whole line is nuts too....
and magic hat, and dogfish....haha

okay so yeah most the good american beers you prolly dont have

05-15-09 03:01 PM

Americans drink a LOT of different shit but you pretty much hit the nail on the head baph lol

you're gonna see a lot of bud beers throughout america... my dad used to drink Millers, we've also got Natural Ice which is a branch of one of those busch products summers was talkin' bout, I like natural ice, heh

a lot of the beer brewers in America are from the south

but yea.. as i said ya hit the nail on the head

MurDaH187 05-15-09 03:34 PM

I drink 40 oz of old english, yengilin, bud, corse, coronas, geneus, bush, miller and a few others....

High-Dro 05-15-09 03:43 PM

american beer is garbage. holla

J Summers 05-15-09 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
Americans drink a LOT of different shit but you pretty much hit the nail on the head baph lol

you're gonna see a lot of bud beers throughout america... my dad used to drink Millers, we've also got Natural Ice which is a branch of one of those busch products summers was talkin' bout, I like natural ice, heh

a lot of the beer brewers in America are from the south

but yea.. as i said ya hit the nail on the head

millewaukee is miller
st. louis is busch

those are midwest...haha..sorry just wanted to be a dick..
Killians Red is delciouso from a draft.
...and the Natural products are garbo...natty ice will get you shit-faced but will give you a hang over and the bubble guts...
for a cheap thrill with a good taste i would go with a P.B.R.

Nynth Degree 05-15-09 04:32 PM

I used to get down with Bells (Kalamazoo, MI), especially the Porter and Best Brown Ale. But then they stopped distributing it to Illinois for like 2 years, just now recently returning.

As far as widely distributed domestics go, I prefer Sam Adams. They have a pretty good variety of beers, so I feel like I can always have one for some reason or another. Magic Hat is also one of the best American brewing companies. If you've never had an Odd Notion, I highly recommend the Winter brew.

But lately, American beers haven't been my key interest. I've recently been getting into IPAs, primarily DogFishHead and Mad Hatter. Favorite Scotch Ale is Skull Splitter.

My favorite drink? A few chilled 40's of Olde English.

And PBR, my personal American pasttime. There's a bar around my way that has a weekly special of $1 PBR and $2 Jameson shots. It's like Christmas every Monday.

Jay Rose 05-15-09 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nynth Degree
I used to get down with Bells (Kalamazoo, MI), especially the Porter and Best Brown Ale. But then they stopped distributing it to Illinois for like 2 years, just now recently returning.

As far as widely distributed domestics go, I prefer Sam Adams. They have a pretty good variety of beers, so I feel like I can always have one for some reason or another. Magic Hat is also one of the best American brewing companies. If you've never had an Odd Notion, I highly recommend the Winter brew.

But lately, American beers haven't been my key interest. I've recently been getting into IPAs, primarily DogFishHead and Mad Hatter. Favorite Scotch Ale is Skull Splitter.

My favorite drink? A few chilled 40's of Olde English.

And PBR, my personal American pasttime. There's a bar around my way that has a weekly special of $1 PBR and $2 Jameson shots. It's like Christmas every Monday.

dogfish head is brewed in rehobeth beach, de....right down the street from where i go to college

Nynth Degree 05-15-09 04:54 PM

Hmm, was under the impression it was slightly foreign. Well, there's the classic American ignorance for ya.

TitoBronsky 05-15-09 05:49 PM

American beer.... yuck...
American Bud.... what dreams r made of :)

Jay Rose 05-15-09 06:00 PM

american beer is soooo good, you just gotta drink the right ones....

_Talksic_ 05-15-09 06:19 PM

def miller high life

La Cosa Nostra 05-15-09 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Luth
LOL those Foster's commercials

"FOSTERS... AUSTRALIAN FOR BEER!"

with that accent and shit

yeah see thats the thing...

none of us drink it...