RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Living on your own? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=247340)

L.E 08-20-08 02:05 AM

Living on your own?

Rent or own?

What do you live in?

How much is your rent/mortgage, utilities, etc?

What kind of shit do you buy for groceries and shit?

I am renting a two bedroom apartment fully loaded with appliances, everything's brand new and refinished. I pay $650 a month, and the only utility I have to pay is electrical.

I honestly save money and go with cheaper brands of groceries...all depending what it is.

Anybody else?

08-20-08 02:39 AM

Yours is Canadian dollars right?

$300.00 USD a month here. Renting from family. It's a really good deal and that's why I haven't moved yet lol.

I have free usage of utilities and I keep it simple so I'm less than 40 bucks a month groceries. Bread, chicken, mustard, veggies, fruits. I occasionally share a home cooked meal by my step mother, but I'm not on good terms with her because she has a 22 year old daughter that lives here that doesn't pay rent and it pisses me off. Considering my dad is in debt and neither his wife or his wife's daughter pays for shit..

Journal!st 08-20-08 02:44 AM

Rent or own? OWN!

What do you live in? A House

How much is your rent/mortgage, utilities, etc? 750 a month but all in all including power and water and etc... roughly around $1,438

What kind of shit do you buy for groceries and shit? im under foodstamp so that helps me out and my fiance' has WIC aswell so i dont struggle in that department and its only me and my fiance and son living together so not much to get

Solemn13 08-20-08 05:15 AM

i wish i had my own crib :(

Sean Gunner 08-20-08 09:39 AM

Might move out after this year. It's like $400 US +utilities. The student apartments are like, $400 including utilities, high speed internet, cable, etc... But you share the living room. Get your own room and bathroom though.

L.E 08-20-08 10:12 AM

Hmm rent seems really cheap in the States.

Everything here is expensive as hell because of the oilfield out here.

Sean Gunner 08-20-08 10:19 AM

Take that. You all got a kick ass country but you pay the cost.

L.E 08-20-08 10:32 AM

It's actually Alberta specifically thats so expensive, as far as I know. People from everywhere in the country come here for the money.

A house that would cost $250,000 plus in Alberta would cost $50,000 in Nova Scotia, for example.

Inflation is crazy here.

08-20-08 01:26 PM

Right, and in the states it may seem cheap, but that's because the certain states that people live in, pay less money. So you get less money thus the whole state lowers the cost of the rent, because it's not like anybody can rent if they're making less money than you expect.

So take for example California, where the minimum wage is higher than a majority of the rest of the country, their renting will be 2 or 300 dollars more at least, than a regular state that rents $500.00-$600.00 a month.. So you're looking at $800.00 USD for a good deal in California.. $500.00 USD in cali would be under "extremely good", if it's a good place, but it probably wouldn't be.

It all depends on what you're looking for, where it's at, the current house prices in the area, how much money you make in minimum wage jobs, etc.

Blay'all 08-20-08 01:33 PM

hah, cost of living is so high here...

1-bedroom apartment at an ordinary mostly student apartment complex here: around $1,000 a month after all utilities are said and done. i realize thats no New York City rent, but still...

KOOL COL-B 08-20-08 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.E
It's actually Alberta specifically thats so expensive, as far as I know. People from everywhere in the country come here for the money.

A house that would cost $250,000 plus in Alberta would cost $50,000 in Nova Scotia, for example.

Inflation is crazy here.

that's true. shit here is a lot cheaper. i'm moving into an apartment in Halifax Sept 1st, it's a 2 bedroom apartment, comes wif a new oven n a fridge and all that shit, and everythang in tha bathroom is gonna be brand new. im sharing a room wif my brother, my rent will b like $291.17 a month, n we're gonna git free wireless internet, so besides rent all we gotta pay fo is power.

as fo groceries, tha only kind of shit i will buy fo groceries is pasts n extremely cheap shit like that. 33 cents fo a box of mac n cheese, or i'll go to tha reduced food. im cheap as fuck n dont like spending money on food. ima prolly be gittin my job back at mcdonalds as a janitor, so that's gonna take care of my food, i used to just walk in one of tha big freezers n fill up a garbage bag n then "take out tha garbage" n give it to my brother n he'd run it back to tha apartment. a lot went bad cuz we couldnt even fit it all in tha fridge. but i never had to buy groceries fo tha rest of tha time i lived there, lol. werd

Cola 08-20-08 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
Yours is Canadian dollars right?

$300.00 USD a month here. Renting from family. It's a really good deal and that's why I haven't moved yet lol.

I have free usage of utilities and I keep it simple so I'm less than 40 bucks a month groceries. Bread, chicken, mustard, veggies, fruits. I occasionally share a home cooked meal by my step mother, but I'm not on good terms with her because she has a 22 year old daughter that lives here that doesn't pay rent and it pisses me off. Considering my dad is in debt and neither his wife or his wife's daughter pays for shit..

so pretty much your a nothing, and you just pay your shit hole of a father money so he can try to climb out of his gamblin debt??

sounds like your a big boy 2v

Cola 08-20-08 01:44 PM

[QUOTE=L.E]Rent or own? *Own*

What do you live in? *House*

How much is your rent/mortgage, utilities, etc? 1,200 Mortgage, 150ish for Electirc/Heat...20 for water...50 for T.V. n shit.

What kind of shit do you buy for groceries and shit?
Whatever the fuck i want...usally me and my girl spend about 175 a month on food...n than i gotta buy formula n shit for my daughter

[QUOTE]

King Solo 08-20-08 02:28 PM

Rent or own? Rent.

What do you live in? Single bedroom flat/apartment (whatever the fuck you want to call it. Its a flat where I come from.

How much is your rent/mortgage, utilities, etc? Rent= £400 per month. Then, electricity.. I use about £50 a month. TV license = £13 per month. Council Tax = £66 per month. Food bill = £100 per month at least. Internet/Phone = £40 per month. Sky+ = £50 per month. Mobile phone contract = £40 per month.

What kind of shit do you buy for groceries and shit? All depends on the cash flow, if it is up then I buy the good shit.. if it is down then I buy some of the cheaper stuff.

King Solo 08-20-08 02:29 PM

So my outgoings all come to around £800-£900, whatever else is mine to do with what I please.