RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   The Cerebral Approach (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=352)
-   -   Moral courage vs. Physical courage (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=251241)

Tha Q. 11-06-09 12:57 PM

Moral courage vs. Physical courage

Which one do you think it more impressive and why?

And..which one do you actually think requires more courage to display?

Physical or moral?

_Talksic_ 11-18-09 02:27 AM

moral courage is just thinking about it,not neceserally doing it,
phisicall couage actaully gets it done you need both it i had to choose one.........
id say phisicall courage,cuz if u just think about something its not gonna get done...
at least with phisicall it gets done.......
i think im on subject if not just explain a little more.

La Cosa Nostra 11-18-09 12:09 PM

Why one or the other?

Tha Q. 11-18-09 03:24 PM

I see what you're saying Talksic...

Thing is...physical courage can be viewed more of as an instinct than moral courage...

So, in a way, to "stand up" for something morally would require more actual courage and boldness than just the instinct to display physical courage...

Like, if a gun man is chasing you, you might run from him and do many courageous physical feats to avoid death...But, it's almost instinctive...feel me?

versus...standing up and going against the grain to preserve your convictions...that's not mandatory. So, in a way, moral courage requires more boldness in some cases...

Then again, physical courage could be viewed that way if you become valiant and want to show off without provocation.

Both require boldness to display.

La Cosa Nostra 11-18-09 03:59 PM

Such a predictable agenda to this thread..

_Talksic_ 11-19-09 10:14 AM

id have to say phisical courage cuz u should alawys trust your instinct ive bounced at alot of clubs in my city and one bar,and instinct def needed instinct more then anything and in a couple cases instinct has saved my life..

Tha Q. 11-19-09 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Talksic_
id have to say phisical courage cuz u should alawys trust your instinct ive bounced at alot of clubs in my city and one bar,and instinct def needed instinct more then anything and in a couple cases instinct has saved my life..

Yea...instinct is crucial...

I'd say both have their place...

Interesting...

I think one is activated more out of necessity tho..so, by definition isn't as bold.

JTR 02-05-10 07:34 AM

hhhhmmmmm emotional love or physical love
hmmm mental strength or physical strength
hhhhmmmmm

oh wow what interesting questions

ILL GEE 02-25-10 03:14 AM

wow... you do realize that having moral strength is NOT JUST MENTAL... at the end of the day you still have to act on it.... whether it be positive or negative... there's always gonna be a reaction to what you believe morally. Take marriage for instance... it's real easy to find some random broad to throw the cooch at you even though you know that morally it's wrong... how strong does one have to be to say no and go about their business... knowing that deep down inside they really wanted to slay the snatch and had a high probability of not getting caught?

There's certain females i stay away from just so that i never have to deal with situations like that.....ya feel me?

Moral courage trumps physical courage anytime... to act on morals is a lot harder than acting on physicalities... you're already aware of what you are capable of physically... morally?... that's a whole different ball game when you get put to the test.

_Talksic_ 03-09-10 09:07 AM

^^^^^^^^good point u flipped it, i guess it boils down to what your trying to do?and what the situation consists of..