RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   My 1st Martial Arts class was tonight (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=236892)

Tha .Q 11-07-06 10:01 PM

My 1st Martial Arts class was tonight

And, I have to say that I enjoyed it.

1st off, I was nervous as hell when I arrived. I didn't know what to expect. But, one thing they teach there is politeness. So, I was greeted warmly by everyone there. What I didn't expect, however, was that the class would proceed at the pace it normally does. I was thrust into the routines without any prepping...I must say it was a shock. I'm already in pretty good shape, so I was able to keep up with the stretching/push ups/crunches/running/etc. However, I was lost when it came to the chants and counting.

I learned about 3 self defense moves tonight. It's very intersting because they teach you sensitive pressure points of the body. The instructor, Master Andrews, noticed that was doing a certain move incorrectly and smacked me in the face...lol...From that point on, I was quick with the motion.

He said I did a great job for my 1st time and even said I looked like I took martial arts before. My next class is Thursday.

Man, this stuff is interestin..

Past Tense 11-07-06 10:03 PM

thats pretty cool dude

I was in that shit when I was like 6

Tha .Q 11-07-06 10:05 PM

U interested in gettin back in it?

Sir Smash'Alot 11-07-06 10:36 PM

i cant find a good place out here in miami

Sean Gunner 11-07-06 10:36 PM

Ya, be ready for a lot of repitition though.

Terumoto 11-07-06 11:09 PM

Word man. Sounds like a cool place.

JTR 11-07-06 11:16 PM

LOL @ The dude smacking you in the face for doing a move wrong

PWNED

Oh man, and you caught me while I was high, thank you for that

Terumoto 11-07-06 11:49 PM

Oh yeah by the way, what was that about the other day when you pmed me?

Past Tense 11-07-06 11:57 PM

Nah not really I'm just interested in getting in better shape because i'm working on my "image" lol...I've lost 12 pounds since i've moved though which is a good thing :)...iono is it really that great?

Tha .Q 11-08-06 04:43 AM

^^ good stuff man

and Teru...jus wanted to shoot the bull

La Cosa Nostra 11-08-06 05:05 AM

Good shit man..

Jus remember technique is cool.......But if you really wanna learn to fight, you gotta get into real fights with real people and put what you learn to practice occaisionally...

Otherwise your ability is all in your head.........

Tha .Q 11-08-06 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Good shit man..

Jus remember technique is cool.......But if you really wanna learn to fight, you gotta get into real fights with real people and put what you learn to practice occaisionally...

Otherwise your ability is all in your head.........

I feel u...But, we are doing that in the class...We partner up and practice attackin each other...Last night, I learned how to get out of a headlock...Then, I learned how to twist someone's arm and take them down with 1 finger.

I feel u tho...If I don't practice that, it'll be more theory than anything.

Mad Dog 11-08-06 05:39 AM

Nos when you say real people you dont mean like in bars 'n' shit i hope lol

coz most martial art schools enter tournaments so i'd suggest Q that you enter those and fight people who are also trained coz that'll help ya skills ten fold

but ye man i've always wanted to get back into it...

La Cosa Nostra 11-08-06 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T ha Q
I feel u...But, we are doing that in the class...We partner up and practice attackin each other...Last night, I learned how to get out of a headlock...Then, I learned how to twist someone's arm and take them down with 1 finger.

I feel u tho...If I don't practice that, it'll be more theory than anything.

Practice isnt like a real fight bro...

La Cosa Nostra 11-08-06 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog
Nos when you say real people you dont mean like in bars 'n' shit i hope lol

coz most martial art schools enter tournaments so i'd suggest Q that you enter those and fight people who are also trained coz that'll help ya skills ten fold

but ye man i've always wanted to get back into it...

Theres no emotion in practice and tournaments...

Take on two or more people if you wanna improve your skills ten fold...