RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Audio Assistance (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   ? about Mic Pre's (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=86812)

D-Dizzle 10-20-03 08:39 PM

? about Mic Pre's

I been tryin to do some homework on some dope Mic Preamps...I have a couple in mind like the Art Tube MT and and a couple joints from Behinger...I been up in Guitar Center like I live in that bitch, tryin' shit out and playing with as much shit as they let me...anyhow any suggestens or name drops of what they use?

AlcaTrakz 10-20-03 09:09 PM

how much do you have to spend...cause i dont recomend either

let me know

.pz.

AlcaTrakz 10-20-03 09:11 PM

im guessing its in the $100 range....

spend a lil more and get a presonus blue tube

the art and behringer will do the job of powering your mic...but will make it sound like ass

just my 2 cents

.pz.

D-Dizzle 10-21-03 12:51 PM

I'm willin' to save up to get some good shit.....maybe 2 or 3 bills......I don't think I'm going over that amount...I though I just need somthing basic since I'm computer based and got all that Waves Gold and Master bundle and all that shit to bring out the sound of the mic

...OpeY... 10-21-03 01:13 PM

u cant bring out sound that isnt there. A good preamo is important

AlcaTrakz 10-21-03 03:02 PM

If your gonna go the cheap route:

Maudio Audio buddy Dual mic Pre-amp : $79.95 at zzounds.com

If you wanna spend a lil more:

Pre-sonous Blue Tube : $149.95 at zzounds.com

If you gonna spend even more:

Pre-sonous Digitube : $249.95 at zzounds.com

if someone gives you a few extra bills..lol..:

Focusrite P6 : $399.95 again at Zzounds.com

and even more crazy (this is just for cats that are interested in higher priced models):

Focusrite Platinum Voicemaster : $999.95

.pz.

.pz.

D-Dizzle 10-21-03 06:40 PM

Aiight then imma check those out, go to GC and see wussup..I prolly ain't fuckin with the Focusrite too soon though....LoL......

Syntax Mastery 10-23-03 09:14 PM

DJX

focusrite voicemaster platinum pro = $675, not a G...lmao

i am considering that joint as one of my fall back items...

AlcaTrakz 10-24-03 02:50 AM

^damn where at

...OpeY... 10-24-03 03:04 AM

Focusrite Platinum VoiceMaster Pro Processor

D-Dizzle 10-27-03 10:37 AM

Another thing too. Can you plug these pres right directly into the computer or do you need a mixer?

AlcaTrakz 10-27-03 12:52 PM

if your about to spend all this money on all this shit..you need to spend money on a god soundcard.

delta 66 is prolly one of the cheapest with best quality. It has 4 1/4" inputs which will work

D-Dizzle 10-27-03 06:22 PM

^^^Word up..it just croosed my mind while I was looking up the pre-amps and some mics I was peepin out..... I woulda been mad as fuck buyin all that shit then turn around and can't use it....

So when I get that soundcard Imma have to run everything thru that right? Fruity, Cool Edit, and whatever..what so I do with the my old soundcard? (the one that come with the computer by the way)