RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   old school rap or new school (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=128840)

verbal violence 06-08-04 11:33 PM

old school rap or new school

i need yall opinions on whats better old school or new school
like all classics illmatic-nas
murder muzik-mobb deep
and all sorts of other old school and for new school like collage drop out-kanye west
black album-jay-z
just give me ur 2 cents on whats better

FLooZe 06-08-04 11:34 PM

personally,i thinkold school is better.tupac was old school,biggie was old school,snoop and dres first albums were old school,let me think,im not sure about this but illmatic was oldschool.i consider new school 98 and on.

Tha Untouchable 06-08-04 11:40 PM

old school iz better

better muzik, especially rapperz from nyc

FreSh_EmCee 06-09-04 03:06 AM

old school

Da MaGiCiAn 7 06-09-04 05:47 AM

new skool...i dun feel old skool dat much new skool is sicka..

AuthenTiK 06-09-04 05:55 AM

I think that they both have thier advantages. Old skool rap was sick and Illmatic proved that. Ice Cube etc. are all ill but I think that there is some good peeps coming through now like Jin etc.

Depends what you like. I prefer old skool though. Where the origin is.

Peace
-TiK-

The Streetz Govenor 06-09-04 09:41 AM

Most Def old skool is better

Nfamous 06-09-04 12:31 PM

yo blood i say that old school is definitly better because new school is just biting off old school

verbal violence 06-09-04 03:07 PM

yo im feelin ya nfamous these cats now just taking credit for whats been done already but im an old skewl person but i gotta admitt illmatic (authentik) did set it off the classic.. but i need somemore opinions ight holla bak~1~

For$akeN 06-09-04 03:13 PM

i have to say old school because back in the day of 2pac & all the
other cats who held it down hip-hop was illcredible...........
New School hmm....... are getting bubblegum hip-hop shit
but cats in the underground all really holding it down for the New
School

*The~Star* 06-09-04 11:50 PM

I like a lil bit of both.But old school is better because now there are too many rappers,let me correct that,wanna be rappers putting out garbage and talking bout the same stuff.So old school,cuz there was rapping about differnt stuff besides ice, cars, money, and women.

Tha Annihilator 06-09-04 11:54 PM

old school.let me name some killer old school bands and artists
tupac
snoop(first cds)
dre
biggie
Nas
Taleb queli
run dmc (not that great but one of the inovaters of rap)
nwa
ice cube

new school shit bands and artists

50 cent
Kanye west
westside connection
lil flip
lil scrappy
bow wow
ja rule (just good with beats)
puff daddy
da band
murphey lee
nelly
and alot of others i cant think of

jefferson 06-13-04 11:11 PM

your joking right? old school cant be touched. pac biggie dre snoop big L mos def talib kweli and of course illmatic compared to people repeat what they've said and flippin the profit so they can buy bullet and bomb proof cars and million dollar mansions. rap is getting to greedy and most new rappers are fake.

verbal violence 06-13-04 11:25 PM

yo im feelin ya jeff alls rap is now is nuttin i mean ever song i hear is about gettin paid and da ladies and who the hell would rap about a car i mean if u have a car ohh well aint no need to say nuttin about it rap use to be about survivan in the streets just basiclly how they grew up and what they went through but rap now nooooo its about da money the cars jewlry women i mean record companys are just sinin cats to make a profit off of them cuz most people dont know what real rap is

:) 06-14-04 12:46 AM

im an old school entusiast i think the old school rappers like slick rick, rakim, big daddy kane, mc shan, public enemy, kool g rap are better than the new school rappers

old school all the way