RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Recording habbits... (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=224281)

La Cosa Nostra 03-13-06 11:43 AM

Recording habbits...

Yeah man..

Shit like........Every time I record, I drink scotch or beer.. Or have some eclipse mints to clear up my vocals a bit or w/e they do..

Does anyone else do that type of shit?

I used to smoke bongs while recording.. Untill I decided that was a bad idea -_-..

Nynth Degree 03-13-06 11:46 AM

I tend to drink while I record too. Last time, we were passing around a fifth of rum and grabbing out of a 24-pack of PBR.

Tha Q. 03-13-06 11:49 AM

wow @ people needing mind altering substances to be creative.

tsk tsk tsk

Proper diet would promote creativity.

La Cosa Nostra 03-13-06 11:55 AM

Q:

Well I dont see how being creative comes into drinking to help clear your throat for recording...

But Q.. If you really wanna write some dope lyrics.. Smoke a pipe of hyge before you sit down to write.. It will blow your mind at what sort of shit you can come up with while your high...........

Tha Q. 03-13-06 12:11 PM

^^eh ehh...I don't need mind-altering substances to spur my creativity.

Alcohol to "clear your throat"? Dats bullshit bro

gargle wit some warm salt water

da fuck?

:nono:

Excuse to be an alky

La Cosa Nostra 03-13-06 12:15 PM

Well if you aint even gonna try smoking weed while writing..

Then how can you even talk about it..

Its not about needing things to be creative.. Its about things that can enhance the experience....

Tha Q. 03-13-06 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Well if you aint even gonna try smoking weed while writing..

Then how can you even talk about it..

Its not about needing things to be creative.. Its about things that can enhance the experience....

I never said I didn't try it. I said I don't need it to be creative. And, claiming to drink alcohol to "clear your throat" is laughable.

don't even try it...if ur an alky be an alky

La Cosa Nostra 03-13-06 12:21 PM

Scotch and coke does help while recording...

Once again.. If you dont believe me... Try it.....

And by the way.. You also talk like you've never smoked weed and written lyrics, your against it...And you also never said you did it.. I'm putting two and two together with the information your giving me.. If you dont like it, thats your fault...

Tha Q. 03-13-06 12:25 PM

WTF..>Scotch and Coke

LOL

dawg...ur an alco-damn-holic

OKAY...Sure...Go to recording school...I'm sure they'll tell you to drink "Scotch and Coke" to help you record

That = your excuse to drink

do what u do

but, don't even pass that shit off as a viable means to clear a damn throat

La Cosa Nostra 03-13-06 01:04 PM

I dont need an excuse to drink?

I enjoy drinking full stop... You'd have to be pretty dim to think I'd make up some big excuse about improving my recording with skotch and cola just so I can drink it...

You sound like you belong in primary school the q...

Oh and FYI.. Theres no such thing as 'recording school'.

Ebircs 03-13-06 01:25 PM

^^^ yes their is...ecko goes to one

mind_immortal 03-13-06 01:33 PM

well ... weed definately sparks the creative genius... alcohol relaxes your larynx.. also dims mind ..so spits maybe slurred ...but it lets the inhibitions be less.. so attacking the mic.. like you own that shit.. you know what beer muscles are? same applies to mic..no i dont need to be drunk or high to write and spit .. but ... i enjoy it more while drunk and high... my art is on another level ...^^^^ most high... either way ... do what you do to get in the mood ...there need be no beef on that you are all entitled to your opinions !!!

J Summers 03-13-06 01:44 PM

alchohol for sure... if i aint broke gotta get some hen.. if i am broke gotta get some beer.. gotta smoke a roller.. or a blunt... and do whatever drugs are on hand at the time...so hell ya i get fucked up

Nynth Degree 03-13-06 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
wow @ people needing mind altering substances to be creative.

tsk tsk tsk

Proper diet would promote creativity.

Are we talking about simple habbits or crutches? 95% of the time, I write my lyrics outside of the studio. If I'm not writing them in the studio, then I'm obviously not using the alcohol as inspiration. It's just to record, and sometimes getting a little tipped can help add some energy to laying your vocals.

∆ P E X X 03-13-06 01:58 PM

Recording habits? Mostly just warming up my chords and taking off my watch, turning off the cell, or anything else that'll make noise whilre recording. Once in a blue smoke trees before recording, but never in the same room as the mic. mmmmm...think that's about it.