RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Audio Assistance (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Vocals (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=87001)

MP~PHASIZ 10-21-03 06:46 PM

Vocals

I have these 3 programs:
Acid Pro 2.0
Cool Edit Pro 2
Sound Forge 6.0

My question is: "Which program is best for recording my vocals to a track and then editing them to sound professional, and why"?

ismael sanchez 10-21-03 08:45 PM

well first of all to have these programs does it cost money?

Ajax 0042 10-21-03 08:46 PM

umm with what you have... acid id say otherwise go down a couple threads an see what some better pros would be...

...resp...

...OpeY... 10-21-03 09:31 PM

a combo of acid and soundforge. throw cool edit in the trash

AlcaTrakz 10-21-03 10:18 PM

^they are all exactlly the same

its plug-ins that matter

MP~PHASIZ 10-21-03 10:45 PM

Well what plug-ins should I get?

...OpeY... 10-21-03 10:58 PM

i dont agree. cool edit is way inferior to acid. and sound forge is completely different than both. u want sound forge in addition to acid. stay away from cool edit. its crap

AlcaTrakz 10-22-03 01:44 AM

^explain how its inferior

Waves platinum bundle

get those plug-ins and you are set

PostMan 10-22-03 11:22 AM

Cool edit is inferior... and get acid 4.0..... and soundforge with it... if u start with cool edit you will get attatched...... cuz its so easy.. get acid it more versatile... im not about to go step by step about what it does...... but its better for VOCALS.. but i mean its still just an opinion... also alca isnt that bundle like a few thousand?

ALSO.. you can forget having good quality if you got a shit mic.. and it sounds to me like u new at this.. NO MATTER WHAT PROPGRAM YOU USE your 8 dollar comp mic aint gonna cut it.. if you cant afford a 100-400 dollar condensor with preamp then i suggest usb headset.. thats the poormans way to cheap quality.. if you need help hit me up on aim squadpostman

AlcaTrakz 10-22-03 02:46 PM

^you can get the waves bundle on kazaa..everyone and their mother has it...

and HOW is cool edit inferior...PLEASE explain..they are BOTH multitrack RECORDING programs...

PLEASE explain how its inferior...

...OpeY... 10-23-03 03:24 AM

Acid has a lot more options than cool edit. Thats about it. But if youre gettin plugins for cool edit then you can help that problem a little i guess, but the program itself still wont be as versitile as Acid. And the way Acid and Sound Forge work hand in hand is just a beautiful thing. o yea and let me clarify... you want Acid Pro 4.0 and Sound Forge 6 or 7.

and post man stop recommending a usb headset mic lmao

Avalon 10-30-03 01:22 PM

Fuck all those programs and use cubase... you'll need nothing else...

MP~PHASIZ 10-30-03 04:11 PM

Why is Cubase superior than the rest?

...OpeY... 10-30-03 05:34 PM

its not lol. its all in what u like. I have all these programs mentioned and I prefer Acid 4.0. I've tried them all out.

INsanity 10-30-03 06:44 PM

i use Cubase SX and Acid 4 i like it becasue:

Why I like:

CUbase SX:
-VST/VSTi
-Mastering and effects
-chopping(though not as good as Acid),time stretchng fits in there
-and the all mighty HAlion sampler

Acid:
-sampling, sampling. sampling sampling
-easier to arrange

really its all bout what u prefer i use to use fruity and i still use it occasionally for odds and ends, and its integratable with my Cube as a VSTi all i need is Acid 4.0e to be able to ReWire it to my Cubase