RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Biggie Vs Tupac (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=242068)

tornado220 05-07-07 12:24 PM

Biggie Vs Tupac

There has been many different points and oppionions about this topic. Both of wich are 2 of the best rap artist ever. But what i wanna know, is who is the one thats higher on the list, whos skill reign superior, who?

1. I THINK BIGGIE IS THE GREATEST GANGSTA RAPPER OF ALL TIME

2. BUT TUPAC IS THE BEST LYRICAL POET OF ALL TIME, BUT HIS GANGSTA RAP NO WHERE NEAR THE CALIBUR OF BIGGIE SMALL

(THIS IS JUST MY OPINION ONLY)

laxdnota 05-07-07 01:35 PM

no way!!!!!!!!! 2pac is the best rapper to ever live!!!!!!!!

Dufflebag Boy 05-08-07 12:32 AM

you cant ever compare anything hardly. theres always gonna be diffrent areas they defeat each other in and theres always gonna be diffrent shades of gray. its been argued many times that biggie has better flow and 2pac had better meaning and emotion. both were legends so let both r.i.p and shut the hell up bout who's better

Ysdat 05-08-07 01:16 AM

did i just go back 10 years?

WhoAmI 05-08-07 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar
did i just go back 10 years?

you lookin forward to world cup 98? it should be dope as hell :whacky:

Indeph 05-18-07 07:57 PM

I heard michael jordans about to do baseball lmao idiots, jordans a b-ballplayer for life

Lyriclesolja 05-18-07 08:08 PM

Who gives a shit their both dead
I love the sig. Indeph!!

chip 05-20-07 12:01 PM

best ever? neither... both were great MC's, but as far as rap goes, who knows, everone has differing styles and... fuck it, they died over 10 years ago, get a new dick to ride dammit!!!

Past Tense 05-20-07 05:09 PM

I like pac better. But i prefer east coast flows. Its strange..maybe its cuz Biggies from Cali and Pacs from new york? who knows?

word

But Biggie in no way was more gangster rap than Pac. The west is home of gangster rap. you can't even say that. HIT EM UP!

Ransum 05-21-07 08:44 AM

10 year later and they still trying to figuer out whos better WTF??

2 pac is the realist rapper ever...
he a grate poet, a deep song writer and always spit straight fromt he heart what hes feeling....

biggie is more lyrical the 10 crack commandments was hes deepest song where we all felt him atless i did but straight up hes more of a person you would wanna hear something hot from....

2 pac = best poet / deep song writer and best wild style rapper...

biggie = best lyrical rapper who has way more punches then pac....

which is better to you?? imma go with 2-pac.....

La Cosa Nostra 05-24-07 04:45 AM

Pac shits all over biggie in all aspects...

Full stop, no doubt about it, dont pass go, dont collect 200 dollers.......no competition the end

Seriously... Biggie was a dope rapper... But pac was fucking untouchable...

The Frowny Guy 05-24-07 01:37 PM

If it's Biggie vs Tupac in rap, why do people keep bringin up poetry?
Biggie was an all around better emcee. People keep sayin Pac was the realest rapper ever.. WHAT!? Pac is realer than Talib Kweli? He's realer than Common? He's realer than Nas!?!?!? Be serious with yourself. Pac was NOT all of that.
Biggie had better flow, wittiness, humor.. creativity. Much more balanced and he wasnt a total fraud.
How can someone be born in Boston, move to New York.. went to a gifted school, got good grades be such a thug life rider? This nigga Pac used to be a BACK UP DANCER for christ sake..
On another note'' lets bring Pac's songs into play. Of course he got the tracks everyone loves like Bury Me a G, Dear Mama.. Keep ya head up, etc etrc.. But 6 or 7 songs being exceptional out of what, 4 albums!? Thats NOT good t all.
smh @ tupac being "untouchable".. I think the only people that feels like he's "untouchable" are fake wannabe thugs.
Why is Biggie one of the most bitten rappers today? Easy, because he had WAAAY more quotables.
Biggie had a very wide variety of songs.. for example..Sky's the Limit.. a very inspirational song... mixed with some story telling.. now to swing it in a completely different direction we have a song like Miss U.. a tribute to Biggie's friends that has passed away, also mixed with some story telling.. the man could paint you a picture with his words. You're Nobody til Somebody Kills You to Nasty Boy.. A song like Notorious Thugs where he completely changed up his flow to compliment Bone Thugs N Harmony.. where on the other hand when Tupac collabed with Bone he stayed the regular mole steady paced Tupac.. smh.. and this is the guy thats untouchable?
Compare one of Pac's lacklucster story telling tracks to ANYONE of Biggie's and you can see the vast difference in skill and talent.

don cardyac 05-24-07 03:15 PM

wordsmith-big
creativity-pac
freestyling-big
diss tracks-pac
movement(what they stand for)-pac
hardcore-big

i need more categories cuz its a tie to me. i listen to both anyway.

don cardyac 05-24-07 03:19 PM

pac was born in new york than he moved to baltimore. boston had nothing to do with it. a thug can also be smart.he calls himself thug cuz he's an underdog. you gotta watch his movie. ressurected.

The Frowny Guy 05-24-07 03:34 PM

oh my bad you right.. it IS Baltimore.. I knew it was wanna them B cities..
anyway

on to those categories..
How exactly is Pac more creative than Biggie? Creative as far as what? punchlines? Because Pac wasnt a punchline rapper AT ALL! Biggie really wasnt either, but he still had a few punchlines.. he had a lot of lames that made you say "damn"

"Cant you see like Total
gettin larger in waist and taste
aint no tellin where this felon is headed
just incase.. keep a shell at the tip of ya melon
clear the space
YA BRAIN WAS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE"
Creative lines in that little stint there..
actually you want creativity just listen to songs like Kick in the Door and tell me thats not creative
This nigga Big create stories that unfold like movies and THATS not creative?
How in the hell could you possible say that Pac was more creative than Big. I think you may need to re evaluate your categories.

and as far as diss tracks.. Biggie didnt have any.. but his subliminals towards Pac, Nas and Raekwon was ill as hell..

"when my men bust, you just move with such stamina
slugs missed ya, I aint mad at cha
WE AINT MAD AT CHA"

Reminds you of a Tupac song, doesnt it?
But when it boils down to the nitty gritty, Pac's diss songs were mediocre. Compare his diss tracks to other diss tracks around that time.. or even BEFORE that time. Ice Cube's No Vaseline was better than any Pac diss track... Matter fact, Pac TRIED to diss Chino XL and guess what happened? CHINO DESTROYED HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Completely.. C'mon now, dont be biased towards Pac because he's dead. Pac rapped liked his era.. early to mid 90's but Biggie was waaay before his time.
And Movement.. If it wasnt for Biggie, we would not have ALOT of hardcore rappers now. Biggie was the first cat that had commercial shit on the radio that appealed to everyone but then flipped it and had grim dark grimey shit on his album. Thats something alot of rappers STILL cant do today..