RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   How diverse is your musical tastes?? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=174928)

Krackmittens 01-31-05 11:43 AM

How diverse is your musical tastes??

everyone listens to various genres of music i for one listen to everything from rock to pop to country what are soem of you cats music influences and shit you just get into from all aspects of music not just hip hop?? drop em here

just to name a few
80's music im addicted fo real some of the lyrics and shit is crazy
classic blues and jazz b.b king- billie holiday
country soem of those songs are funny as shit but some shit real deep like tim mcgraw and his wife faith hill they break some emotional shit down
just drop some more names and shit

Kawn Flixx 01-31-05 11:46 AM

I'm Narrow as Fuck,I only listen to Rap..
except John Legend I bought his Cd.
He got mad talent

GangsStarShit 01-31-05 12:04 PM

Rap only...however once in a while something outside my narrow minded musical box will like something else...

DQ 01-31-05 12:07 PM

Oldies - gotta know your classics!
Rock - represents 99,999% of my school
Dance/Techno - my sister's bad influence

La Cosa Nostra 01-31-05 12:30 PM

I mainly listen to rap.. But I can get into a few other types of music aswell.. Just depends, I like a lot of Bob Marley n Rick James.. Some RnB can be decent, and I also like techno and trance shit..

But I keep a broard mind.. Whatever really sounds good and I can get into what their saying.. I dont like a lot of rock shit, because a lot of the time I just cant relate with anything their singing about.. Its like we come from compleatly different worlds.. Especially punk.. I hate that shit.. I mean you can automatically tell if somethings going to be stupid when they name their style of music 'punk'.. So much of the things they write about is just dumbass rebeling against their parents and teachers.. With the occaisional song about losing their girlfriend.. The shits just dumb..

But w/e..

villagepimp 01-31-05 03:18 PM

Good thread Krack... and I listen to everything from Spice Girls (joking) to Big & Rich to Korn to Finger Eleven to Tech N9ne.

fluidmoon 01-31-05 03:33 PM

classic rock~pink floyd,zeppelin, dead, other jam bands
80's~the cure, new order
modest mouse, the smiths, a perfect circle, tool, tori amos, bjork, tricky
old school hip hop, blues, and trip hop....i basically love it all

Krackmittens 01-31-05 03:33 PM

feelin the rops and finger eleven is tight i like that song one thing shit is deep
and VP whats up with that posse of D/r's ..lol just kidding

villagepimp 01-31-05 03:34 PM

lol... I am dick rode with style yo!

Finger Eleven is the shizzle... Sad Exchange, Stay in Shadow, One Thing, It's all pimpin' yo!

.Judicial. 01-31-05 03:37 PM

u know what..fuck diverse...im hip-hop and rap.....dat country and rock fuckin bangin ur heads and beatin da shit out cha band wit ya guitar...fuck all dat....and a country concert u sit on a stool play a guitar and sing fuck dat too...~1~

villagepimp 01-31-05 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judicial
u know what..fuck diverse...im hip-hop and rap.....dat country and rock fuckin bangin ur heads and beatin da shit out cha band wit ya guitar...fuck all dat....and a country concert u sit on a stool play a guitar and sing fuck dat too...~1~

stereotypical faggot.

Respect your elders...without rock and shit hip-hop wouldn't exist.

.Judicial. 01-31-05 03:45 PM

yo u need 2 chill....bottom line what i basically said i listenin to hip-hop and rap....and i expressed my self....i aint gonna have no restriction on my words just cuz sum 1 else thinks differently....i was only playin around 4-real i dont listen 2 dat style of music so how would i know...u aint got shit 2 say to me

villagepimp 01-31-05 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judicial
yo u need 2 chill....bottom line what i basically said i listenin to hip-hop and rap....and i expressed my self....i aint gonna have no restriction on my words just cuz sum 1 else thinks differently....i was only playin around 4-real i dont listen 2 dat style of music so how would i know...u aint got shit 2 say to me

you said it stereotypically and condensendantly.

Klutch 01-31-05 03:47 PM

Yeah i listen to pretty much rap/hip-hop only.. some r&b.. and i used to listen to rock but i just feel thats wastin my time...

.Judicial. 01-31-05 03:49 PM

iight dat was my bad....im just in a jumpy mood so i put what i put....my fault....if i affended ne 1 i apologize~1~