RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   How do you mail a cd to someone? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=243757)

Indeph 08-19-07 12:59 AM

How do you mail a cd to someone?

Explain please.

Sean Gunner 08-19-07 01:04 AM

You put it in a CD sleeve, put it in an envelope, and trust the USPS to not open it and listen or check the data on it.

Then you get on AIM.

strobe 08-19-07 10:19 AM

What Sean said.. cds in the paper/plastic sleeves should get there fine. If you don't mind paying a little bit more, you could put it in a plastic case that would weigh a bit heavier but will protect it better.

.Eternal. 08-19-07 02:59 PM

lol ur serious? .

SQUAD-UP 08-19-07 02:59 PM

haha yea true dat, ups will open up your shit.

J. Luth 08-20-07 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
What Sean said.. cds in the paper/plastic sleeves should get there fine. If you don't mind paying a little bit more, you could put it in a plastic case that would weigh a bit heavier but will protect it better.

^strobe.... you know www.------------ is lookin' for some sexy mofos like you. :evilgrin:

^no homo tho

WhoAmI 08-20-07 11:52 AM

lmao @ tryna get rv's admin to come to mas

J. Luth 08-20-07 01:18 PM

^LOL don't act like it wouldn't be sexy :evilgrin:

*waits for someone to make a fake strobe sign-up*

I can check Ips tho so wordd

Indeph 08-20-07 05:17 PM

Bis711 [2:15 P.M.]: ok so you have a cd in the cd case
Bis711 [2:16 P.M.]: now what do you put the cd case in, a box? a envelope? and do you put 1 stamp? 2 stamps? etc., and basically how exactly does it have to be, in order for the mail place to accept it, and do you just go in the place and ask the teller like ..."mail this" or what

Indeph 08-20-07 05:17 PM

And I forgot my mas on em account and password :'(

J. Luth 08-20-07 06:02 PM

^son just create a new one

www.------------

or hit me up on AIM and I can tell you ~_~

Quotient 08-20-07 06:11 PM

you can go to any postal office.. with the CD in whatever case you wish.. take bout 5 $ with you to cover whatever charges they might have.. it should NOT be any more.. i highly doubt it'll be even 5 $.. then just tell them you want it mailed.. they will weigh it.. put it in the proper envelope (or box if you want).. put postage stamps and mail it. all you gotta do is pay for it.

strobe 08-21-07 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
Bis711 [2:15 P.M.]: ok so you have a cd in the cd case
Bis711 [2:16 P.M.]: now what do you put the cd case in, a box? a envelope? and do you put 1 stamp? 2 stamps? etc., and basically how exactly does it have to be, in order for the mail place to accept it, and do you just go in the place and ask the teller like ..."mail this" or what

It all depends on the weight. A cd in a plastic sleeve plus a regular greeting card sized envelope is less than 1 oz. A cd case will make it a bit heavier. The cd case should be more than adequate to protect the cd, so just put it in an envelope and it'll weigh less than in a box. If you are too lazy to go to the post office, 3 * 41c stamps will be more than enough. If you really want to know how much it costs, just take it up to the clerk.. you don't even need to say anything to them.. just hand it to them in whatever package you had put in it. They'll weigh it and tell you how much.

I've mailed out hundreds of the rv mixtape cds in the last couple years in the plastic sleeves and the greeting card sized envelopes and being lazy, I stuck 2 * 32c (or 64 cents) stamps on them for the single cd mailings and they all got there fine. I don't know about this year's though, since they raised the price of first class mail to 41c, but going by usps.com, it says 58c for 1oz letter with a rigid object inside.

Phenom-in-all 08-21-07 09:21 AM

Hey Strobe - how does quotient have an earlier join date than you? Is there some kind of pre-strobe account you didnt like, and upgraded to strobe in '03? lol

J. Luth 08-21-07 04:13 PM

^from RB. remember that the sites used to be connected? Then RV became a branch off from RB or something. So the older RB members can still use their accounts on RV but the ones who created an RB username AFTER RV was formed can't