RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dang Do You All Believe This About Jay-z (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=238278)

tornado220 12-10-06 11:58 AM

Dang Do You All Believe This About Jay-z

DANG DO YOU ALL BELIEVE THIS ABOUT JAY-Z

December 8. In its first week on the market, Jay Z latest album Kingdom Come sold an impressive 680,000 copies. But the numbers may not be what they seem. MediaTakeOut.com received an anonymous email from a person claiming that in an effort to inflate sales figures, Jay Z may have purchased his own albums.

The full text of the email is printed below:

Just wanted to let you know that the "numbers" that Jay put up are probably fake. I work at Def Jam and everyone here knows that [Jay Z] bought more than 200,000 copies of the album himself. Ain't that some [EXPLETIVE]. I guess money really ain't a thing for [Jay Z].

He was all up on the BET Awards saying "Numbers don't lie." Fake [EXPLETIVE] [EXPLETIVE].

And there seems to be evidence to support the tipster's claim. MediaTakeOut.com has learned that in its second week on the market, sales of Kingdom Come declined by 81% - a drop off that's almost unheard of in the record business.

Developing...

Nynth Degree 12-10-06 12:02 PM

Same thing came up when The Dynasty dropped, people saying he bought his own shit to beat OutKast's Stankonia on the charts.

Maleficent 12-10-06 01:09 PM

I thought those numbers were peculiar. Because I don't believe that everybody likes Jay-Z that much. =P

Compose 12-10-06 02:14 PM

the only reason i see the numbers being real is cuz its like his comeback and all that, but jay is a rich ass moyfucka so its plausible that he bought some

Dabatos 12-10-06 02:24 PM

its sad though to hear people waste that much money to be on top of the market.. when he coulda used it on helpin people that need the money in his city.. :(.. ahh w/e its his money lol

M Eazy 12-10-06 10:10 PM

Dude gave Africa clean water.

"...just sent a million dollars to a hands free/thats big money talk can you answer me!!"

dude is helping other countries not only his city!!

ahaha... i dont kno about tha album sales jig tho...dont care, its a good album, i bought 2 myself!

Cola 12-11-06 12:54 AM

you bought 2?? wtf ya gonna do with 2 albums??

La Cosa Nostra 12-11-06 02:04 AM

Yeah I wouldnt doubt that at all...

SUPERVILLAIN 04-15-07 05:57 AM

wowzer.
damn jay, say it aint so...

esvee

Clokworx 04-16-07 01:08 PM

jayz is garbage anyways.

swagger jacker.

nfamus18bars 04-16-07 01:43 PM

u know what i believe it cuz after dip set released that im not a bitta imma writa
alot of pepole loss some respect for him i know i did

Clokworx 04-16-07 08:28 PM

i say a big verse to only biggin up my brother

fuck that, your stealin his shit. not even just biggie

Young Sin 04-17-07 10:42 AM

I lost respect for him to off that track

So.Rell 04-17-07 02:21 PM

Its w/e Jay gettin money and laughin with a fine bitch...he really don't care what anybody thinks...and that purchasing 200,000 copies thats leaves 480,000 come on now and thats not good? Its whatever Jigga Man still has the rap game on lock he's a business man...

Young Sin 04-23-07 11:34 AM

Jay has rap on lock... but damn buying 200,000 copies of ya own album...... that actually says he dont have shit on lock really