RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   RB's Getting A Divorce! (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=114899)

The End 02-17-04 11:09 AM

RB's Getting A Divorce!

Sort of.

lol.

RB.com is going to be broken up into two different 'mirror sites' starting some time this week. One will be led by myself, and the other by Cprogress and strobe. This was brought up after Cprogress made comments on how 'we' were running the board (even though I didn't have any real power to run the board how I wanted.. ), and felt that he could do better building the site from scratch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cprogress
Just the other day, I was telling strobe it'd be funny if I went out and brought another vb license and set up a duplicate board on the site and with me and him running it however we want, you guys running this one however you want and letting the members chose which one to go to.. :spit: What do you think the chance of us surpassing this one in activity is? strobe says we have a pretty good chance.

So, I obviously think he is extremely wrong and underestimating what we already have established here on RB. Anyways, very soon you will be seeing 2 links on the RB homepage to visit; one for us, and one for him. It'll be up to you all where you want to go. Everything on this site will be staying the same, except I will be adding a little more to the mod staff, and will be gearing the site more towards audio and focusing on TALENT, rather than activity stats.

Provoked Images 02-17-04 11:15 AM

but if we don't do audio, would you still have a good amount of text for us to split heads in???

plus, we will also need info on:

-will our posts go away? (thus our avatar's and Custom Titles??)
-will our battle records go away?
-When will we know when this is all goin gown?

of course, tha whole deal is probably still in tha infant stages but i hope there is a lot more info on it soon...

Born To Kill 02-17-04 11:18 AM

Well...

That is some news.

Should be interesting.

Why not just use both boards?

The End 02-17-04 11:19 AM

Everything on this site will stay the same, except I will be focusing more towards audio. Meaning, every text forum will still be there and will be active. I just want the audio section of this site to start getting recognition, as we do have a few skilled heads, which should attract skilled audio heads.

As for your posts, avys, everything else... Yes, it will stay the same. What is going to happen is Cprog and strobe will be starting a site, from scratch. He feels he will build a better site, and all the members will want to flock over to his RB, and leave this one to die.

Like I said before, all of this should happen within this week.

mc aines 02-17-04 11:19 AM

y as this gotta happen????i will be stayin on here tho so it dont really matter.........rb is dope man and y cprogress gotta start from scratch???y dont yall cum 2 a compramise and do woteva on here???

The End 02-17-04 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc aines
y as this gotta happen????i will be stayin on here tho so it dont really matter.........rb is dope man and y cprogress gotta start from scratch???y dont yall cum 2 a compramise and do woteva on here???

This was attempted, many times.. and just wasn't possible.

(Oh, and please don't spell 'come' as 'cum' in ANY thread made by me again. Thanks.)

:nono:

Evolve 02-17-04 11:23 AM

LOL.. this is funny

mc aines 02-17-04 11:23 AM

wot bout the ppl that join cprogres rb??will there record and that b carried ova from here???

Born To Kill 02-17-04 11:24 AM

I don't see anyone 'leaving RB to die'...

Kinda dramatic, eh?

You'll be fine, End...

Ya dope.

Peeps know it.

Peace

mc aines 02-17-04 11:26 AM

i no imma stay on this rb.......rb wont die and i dont think the other rb will b as big as this 1

Hitta 02-17-04 11:26 AM

WoW this should be instresting,........................*1*

Accelerate 02-17-04 11:28 AM

well..This thread is not for me trying to become Mod..
Seriously, I can already see where this is going..But I can't help but to admire their drive.

LM 02-17-04 11:28 AM

I aint goin no-where......we could have site wars between 'The End's Rb' and 'Cprogresses Rb'

The Judge 02-17-04 11:31 AM

werd the end you got my support.............

The End 02-17-04 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM
I aint goin no-where......we could have site wars between 'The End's Rb' and 'Cprogresses Rb'

Seeing as most of the talented heads have already told me they were going to stay here, I dont think that'd be too fair of competition. Cprog has already admitted he really doesn't care for the talent, he just wants the activity on the site.