RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Turntablism (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=261)
-   -   Who inveted the scratch/scratching? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=204767)

Wes City 08-17-05 02:48 PM

Who inveted the scratch/scratching?

who invented it...????

New Meth0d 08-17-05 02:51 PM

it was grand wizard theodore....any other questions.

his mother came into his room to cuss him out about the volume of his music so he stodd there pushing the record back and forth while his mom screamed at him....he then played around with it and unvailed it a month later

Indeph 08-17-05 11:07 PM

lmfao @ you asking and answering your question.

Poor guy :(

New Meth0d 08-18-05 07:27 AM

why you keep changing your avy foo!

Indeph 08-18-05 07:28 AM

*changes it again cause you're not on aim*

~Lady Fiya~ 08-18-05 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Meth0d
it was grand wizard theodore....any other questions.

his mother came into his room to cuss him out about the volume of his music so he stodd there pushing the record back and forth while his mom screamed at him....he then played around with it and unvailed it a month later

I'm glad you answered that.. and y u answer your own question?! *punches you* and I work wit Stanton equipment myself but a Nuwark mixer.. + vinyls, vinyls, and more vinyls.. originally owned by my b/f.

For anyone who has questions on how djs started.. i suggest you buy the movie Scratch... After less than 45 minutes of watching it, you'd by like wow @ djing and how complex it is.

I'm a beginner at DJin but i'm pretty good at it, Method...

New Meth0d 08-18-05 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Lady Fiya~
I'm glad you answered that.. and y u answer your own question?! *punches you* and I work wit Stanton equipment myself but a Nuwark mixer.. + vinyls, vinyls, and more vinyls.. originally owned by my b/f.

For anyone who has questions on how djs started.. i suggest you buy the movie Scratch... After less than 45 minutes of watching it, you'd by like wow @ djing and how complex it is.

I'm a beginner at DJin but i'm pretty good at it, Method...

i dont own that movie but i have seen it altleast 3 times now. it is a very good movie, and gives you a TON of info about dj'ing from the begining to the present.

Sean Gunner 08-18-05 07:38 PM

I thought it was because his mom told him it was time for dinner, and he tried to stop the record while it was still spinning and he liked the sound.

Indeph 08-18-05 07:41 PM

shut up pics. ^

New Meth0d 08-18-05 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelation
I thought it was because his mom told him it was time for dinner, and he tried to stop the record while it was still spinning and he liked the sound.

i just told the version of the story that grand wizard theodore said in scratch teh documentary

B To The D 08-19-05 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...1ndeph...
shut up pics. ^

rofl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

New Meth0d 08-19-05 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -UNF-
rofl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

that wasnt that funny.....px, although rev your gonna have to explain tha name px to me again.

Sean Gunner 08-19-05 05:44 PM

Might as well explain the whole story in a history thread.

I wanted a stage name, and my girlfriend at the time suggested px since I always put that when I got off or something. Px is short for Pax, which in English means Peace. I was a christian rapper so I figured it would work. Pax is also latin, which is the language only the high class could read and speak in Jesus' time.

I started putting px cuz when I would put pz people would call me a poser, which got really annoying. I would miss the z and put x by accident a lot, so I just kept putting px. I invented my own style, and now people copy me. :(