RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Scientists finally confirm that AIDS originated with primates (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=228943)

Tha Q. 05-28-06 11:17 PM

Scientists finally confirm that AIDS originated with primates

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/chimps_hiv

There go the ridiculous conspiracy theories.

Mentor 05-28-06 11:40 PM

they been sayin that since i was int he 5th grade

Compose 05-28-06 11:50 PM

and how do you know you can believe them?

oh and i thought you left?, i leave for 2 weeks and come back and you're back, but i didnt need to make a goodbye thread, so yea, why dont you leave and never come back for once.

La Cosa Nostra 05-29-06 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose
and how do you know you can believe them?

Bingo...

I dont really have an opinion on whether aids is man made or not...

Most people who take sides are just posing anyway....

Tha Q. 05-29-06 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentor
they been sayin that since i was int he 5th grade

Yep, exactly...

Viruses occur naturally in nature. I'm not quite sure why that's so hard to believe for some folk.

La Cosa Nostra 05-29-06 03:31 AM

Q name one other virus that occurs naturally that is even half as bad and wide spread as aids.......

Just out of interest..

Terumoto 05-29-06 03:33 AM

Who cares where it originated. It's like some guy putting a gun to my head, and instead of fighting or running I sit there and think "Hmmm... I wonder where he bought that gun from? K-Mart? Joe's Fire-arms? I wonder..."

Its a problem already, people should just work on research into preventions/cures.

Tha Q. 05-29-06 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Who cares where it originated. It's like some guy putting a gun to my head, and instead of fighting or running I sit there and think "Hmmm... I wonder where he bought that gun from? K-Mart? Joe's Fire-arms? I wonder..."

Its a problem already, people should just work on research into preventions/cures.

Well, knowing where it came from can help scientists to discovers ways to cure it.

BTW, there'll be a vaccine for AIDS before a cure.

Magic5 05-29-06 03:42 AM

We can only hope that the vaccines comes after you catch it and die.

Valerie 05-29-06 03:46 AM

were also studing how humans can survive off of aids since chimps can and there 99% alike humans.

Tha Q. 05-29-06 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Theory.
were also studing how humans can survive off of aids since chimps can and there 99% alike humans.

yea man...What that says evolutionarily speaking is that the virus evolved with CHimps over a long period of time, but was recently introduced with humans. That coincides and corroborates the timeline of the Aids epidemic. Any "new" virus that's introduced into a population will most likely be ravenous to the point of having a high mortality rate until the species it kills can adapt to it. The problem is, we can't wait that long because Aids is killing way too many people.

Valerie 05-29-06 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
yea man...What that says evolutionarily speaking is that the virus evolved with CHimps over a long period of time, but was recently introduced with humans. That coincides and corroborates the timeline of the Aids epidemic. Any "new" virus that's introduced into a population will most likely be ravenous to the point of having a high mortality rate until the species it kills can adapt to it. The problem is, we can't wait that long because Aids is killing way too many people.

well there trying as quick as they can so that we can get people to live while having aids and not die.

∆ P E X X 05-29-06 03:37 PM

lmao at 25 year old news being announcement-worthy to Q.

one day you'll realize that primates can't transmit viruses to humans with completely different blood types.

then you'll realize that what you read is complete bullshit.

cmon son, I expected a guy with a different fantasy-degree every week to AT LEAST be smart to see the blood conflict.

∆ P E X X 05-30-06 08:13 PM

what happened Q, I thought you surely would have glued together another hodge-podge of your ideas into a "counter argument" by now.

are you getting wiser by accepting biological facts, or are you getting more ignorant by ignoring them?

Valerie 05-30-06 08:45 PM

oh well bitchin about it aint helpin out none.