RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Album Reviews (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Chamillionaire- The Sound of Revenge review (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=221162)

Eastsyde 02-01-06 07:48 PM

Chamillionaire- The Sound of Revenge review

The Sound of Revenge- good opening track i'm feelin the beat overall good track to open it up with

In the Trunk- BANGIN BEAT...seriously this shit shakes your car stereo speakers and cham schools the beat with his clever word play and a tight hook...awesome song

Turn it Up- this track is with lil flip and it grew on me when i first heard it...it's one of those songs that you can ride to on a road trip or something...good track...flips schools his verse

Ridin- track with krayzie bone and it's prolly got one of the tightest beats i've ever heard...awesome hook...another tight track to ride to

No Snitchin- this has got a bun b hook to it...tight beat overall good song...cham once again schools it about cats snitchin in the hood

Southern Takeover- track with killer mike and pastor troy...bangin beat and tight hook...pastor troy's verse sucks and killer mikes is ok but cham outshines every guest he has on here

Radio Interlude- it really is a radio song...tight beat...cham once again schools the shit...kinda short though

Frontin- beat sounds like a mannie fresh production but it isn't but it's a tight beat that really bangs and yea cham schools the beat

Grown and Sexy- this track is for the ladies...the beat is ok but not great...cham comes ok coulda been better

Think i'm Crazy- i'm not feelin this beat at all too fast for my taste...prolly the worst song on the CD

Rain- track with scarface and it really feels like a scarface track too...kinda deep track it's pretty good...cham comes correct scarface is ok

Picture Perfect- tight beat...track with bun b...talkin about how real he is and how real his life is...good track

Fly as the Sky- this a track with lil wayne and Rasaq...all come correct...the beat bangs in the ride...yet another awesome cham track

Peepin Me- very tight beat....the hook is tight too...another one for the ladies but this one is a lot better than grown and sexy

Void in my Life- knod headin beat....cham comes real correct on this shit...deep track i'm really feelin it...

Outro- basic outro...just cham talkin and singin

Overall this cd is really good it's worth every penny you pay for it...go cop this shit...

Musically: 8/10 Lyrically: 9.5/10

-Substance- 02-01-06 08:10 PM

the only one i've heard is the riding dirty one........reall good song tho

Eastsyde 02-01-06 08:19 PM

i suggest you go grab the album....it's the best in 05 in my opinion....

Da Fox 02-02-06 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastsyde
i suggest you go grab the album....it's the best in 05 in my opinion....

for real that shit is dope

L. Veracity 02-02-06 11:56 AM

taking someone's opinion on a Southern rapper depends on where they're from

if you're from the South saying Chamillionaire is tyte, I'm prolly not gonn take your opinion too seriously, but if you're from elsewhere and agree that most Southern rappers suck, I trust your point of view on this lol

but a few people have told me this album is good so I might DL it, if it's good I'll buy it when I get some money...so we'll see what chamilionaire is about later ;) (we meaning me)

Eastsyde 02-02-06 12:25 PM

i'm from the midwest....if that tells you anything....

Sik Wit It 02-02-06 04:22 PM

From the midwest.. Wtf you know bout Chamillionaire. -_-

Eastsyde 02-02-06 04:44 PM

so because i'm midwest i don't know about the color changin click? i don't know about mixtape messiah, get ya mind correct, paid n full, 50/50 twin, razaq, chamillitary??? c'mon man location don't mean shit....i know about cham trust that

Sik Wit It 02-02-06 05:38 PM

So you think you know bout Chamill more than me, eh?!

Eastsyde 02-02-06 05:54 PM

i wouldn't doubt it...but let's not make this thread a fuckin quiz show....just for peeps to see the review...if you wanna test me do it another way

Mike McGuire 02-04-06 02:08 PM

Ya, Color Changin Click - Lew Hawk, 60-50 Twin, Chamillionaire, Paul Wall
remember the Water Boyz

Here is a song that some might kno from Controversy Sells ''True'' Its like a western style beat (Cowboy era or sumthin).

Eastsyde 02-04-06 02:33 PM

that's 50/50 twin not 60/50....that true song is tight though....bangin track

shackcity G 02-04-06 02:51 PM

yo i agree wit eastsyde location dosent matter that just says texas is do it real big ever since the grey tapes

AITZ 02-06-06 01:57 AM

the only song iv got from cham is riding dirty, iv just downloaded turn it up' and i tell you what. i aint feeling the beat 1 bit im disagreeing wit you on the hook and yea your right about him schoolin the beat cause the beat be wack

i checked your song do what you do and im feelin it @ L. Veracity

$howtim3 02-07-06 03:55 PM

yeah...its a hot cd.

i knew about chamillionaire when he was underground, and i say that his flow is a whole lot better from the Mixtape Messiah albums.