RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Ne one been Skiing before? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=240562)

Tha .Q 03-09-07 12:51 PM

Ne one been Skiing before?

My job is sponsoring a lil excursion to the slopes in Pennsylvania next week.

I've agreed to go. But, I've never in my life been skiing before.

Anyone been? What can I expect?

I'm really going just for the experience.

Mad Dog 03-09-07 12:55 PM

my old man goes skiing once every coupla years...nothing but dope times and broken legs and too many piss ups

GKillaz05 03-09-07 01:29 PM

I went cross contry skiing once, and it was sooooo boring. So hopefully you will be going downhill skiing although that is probally harder and I have never tried that, but I have been snowbording before and its probally like that.

Terumoto 03-09-07 06:56 PM

Don't worry too much about it... The first thing they'll teach you is how to slow down and stop, then how to turn, then you'll gradually progress from there.

If you're not gonna be getting skiing lessons, just ask someone who knows how to ski what the basics are. It will be dope though, you'll definitely have a good time.

Ysdat 03-09-07 07:08 PM

The trick is to eat the yellow snow :P

Dufflebag Boy 03-09-07 08:48 PM

we had to ski in my outdoor fitness class outside on school grounds does that count?

Sir Smash'Alot 03-09-07 09:19 PM

thats prety tight i always wanted to go skiing

then i realize the coldest wether i ever been in was about 30 and i almost killed myself

Compose 03-09-07 10:11 PM

snowboarding looks doper

Past Tense 03-10-07 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose
snowboarding looks doper

that sums it up

because it is

if i was you i'd do this instead

La Cosa Nostra 03-10-07 02:40 AM

Never been skiing...

I live in the tropics..... I once went down to canberra n messed around in the snow for a while.. Thats about it for my snow experience tho.....

JTR 03-10-07 03:26 AM

I live in Canada... i've been skiing since I was 4 years old and I'd go skiing/snowboarding/snowblading almost every single weekend. Not much this year cuz of work and all but last year and the years before I carved that slope up maaayne im an expert :thumbup:

DQ 03-10-07 05:19 AM

Been skiing ever since I was 4 yrs old

It's pretty fun, it gets more fun the better you get at it though. But beginning is exciting as well, learning how to stop, making turns and such. Most ppl pick it up faster than snowboarding (unless you used to skating or such but skiing is easier for a beginner when it comes to maintaining balance).

Anyways, have fun

WhoAmI 03-10-07 01:28 PM

skiing is dope as fuck. i went skiing in mammoth lakes in california with my high school about 6 years back now. personally i found skiing on snow a lot easier than skiing on the dry ski slopes made with bristles n shit. when you get the hang of it and start going downhill fast and doing turns with your skis parallel you gonna have the time of your life.

enjoy :thumbup:

J Summers 03-10-07 02:02 PM

same i live right next to nubs nob, look itup fuckers biggest superpipe in the world number one ranked terrain park in america either way ibeen snowboarding since i was in like third grade...been skiing a couple times didnt like it much

Phenom-in-all 03-12-07 05:03 AM

I live in Canada, but never really had the cash to go skiing growing up, but when i got a real job and started doing good on my own, I started to go couple times a year on some ski/snowboard trip to Jasper or Banff. It's usually a pretty crazy weekend, that includes alot of re-learning how to snowboard (takes a half a day to get good again) then alot of drinking, then alot of crashin into shit, then alot of good times snowboarding, some meeting up with ladies (who are often still somehow better than us at snowboarding... go figure) and then ALOT of drinking at the hotels/lodges. word. It's good times.

BUT, that in mind, we make pretty well anything we do fun. I went bowling a few weeks ago, and had a crazy time. I think alcohol and friends have alot to do with the fun factor in anything. (Friends more than alcohol, but yea, you feel me)

word.