RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Audio Talk (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Tupac... was he really that great? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=171840)

Terumoto 01-13-05 09:48 AM

Tupac... was he really that great?

Personally, I like him... But theres a little TOO much hype about him I think..

What do you think about him... and are there any other rappers you think are horribly overrated?

The Jett 01-13-05 07:16 PM

nah, tupac wasnt overated, he was 10 years ahead of his time.
Listen to other emcee's from his age,
Who insteada Dre an Biggie still have as much impact on todays hip hop culture.

Even today his shit dont sound old school.
As far as over rated goes I think Snoop fall's in that category,
As far as his stuff today goes, Drop it Like its Hot is plain garbage.
And I hate neptune beats. Way Over rated.

Know-Gimix 01-13-05 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsonJetX2
nah, tupac wasnt overated, he was 10 years ahead of his time.
Listen to other emcee's from his age,
Who insteada Dre an Biggie still have as much impact on todays hip hop culture.

Even today his shit dont sound old school.
As far as over rated goes I think Snoop fall's in that category,
As far as his stuff today goes, Drop it Like its Hot is plain garbage.
And I hate neptune beats. Way Over rated.

snoop is a real acquired taste... he has is moments I guess... I think the Game and lloyd banks are over-rated... they dont suck, but their not on the level of some of the shady aftermath unknowns... and I dont think pac was over-rated, he just gets more attention than he would have if he was never killed... but i guess thats just how it goes.

Capital B 01-13-05 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenThird
snoop is a real acquired taste... he has is moments I guess... I think the Game and lloyd banks are over-rated... they dont suck, but their not on the level of some of the shady aftermath unknowns... and I dont think pac was over-rated, he just gets more attention than he would have if he was never killed... but i guess thats just how it goes.

strange thing is I completly dissagree...I think lloyd and game are better then tony yayo and young buck....But Pac was super hyped and I don't realy like his beats....I also like neptune beats and like kanye beats...

Tupac only had sooo much hype because he was suposidly killed by rapper beef but I think crips killed him..he wasn't as godly as everone thinks he was.

Status 01-14-05 02:22 AM

i think that tupac was not over rated becuz he had mad skill but since he died he got mad over rated.......i personaly dont think he was amazing..but good.....he was a great story teller...

lyod banks and game or overrrated and yes there are alot from after math..like obie trice is better than lyod and banks...and there are alot more from after math

La Cosa Nostra 01-14-05 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMB's Thread Subject
Tupac... was he really that great?

Yes he was.
Thankyou for your time.

Peace.

New Meth0d 01-14-05 06:49 AM

if tupac was never born nos would be famous

Compose 01-14-05 02:57 PM

pac isnt overated...he gets that much attention cuz hes that great...hell always be my favorite rapper ever...nobody has even come close to the message and amount of time pac has brought to the world...

Black Queen 01-14-05 04:06 PM

nah pac aint ova rated shit it just too damn good he was betta den nebody back and his time

DQ 01-14-05 04:09 PM

Thing is that you'll never know if he would've been this big if he didn't die, because his death surely hyped things up...But he was a great artist, ain't no point in denying that!

DQ

Capital B 01-14-05 04:29 PM

He was still alive today and making records than the west coast would be on top, no doubt. That is the only reason I like him...respect the west coast rappers

kaveh 01-15-05 09:18 PM

haha not sure if i think he's overated..i mean he was a great and gave alot of influence to all the rappers u see now

Artemis 01-15-05 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Meth0d
if tupac was never born nos would be famous

lmfao @ that.

but to the topic:

I don't think Tupac is overated. Like Carson said, the shit he talks about in his songs, are still what's goin' on now. He was fashos 10 yrs ahead of his time. He talks about problems that we are going thru right now. and... shit, if I had more time I would write more but blah... :)

Young Drama 01-15-05 09:40 PM

first off-NICE Thread

now
Pac was ahead of his fuckin time, he really started that whole Genre

cuz NWA was all bang-Bang hich is koo wit me
but Pac str8 said ima drop knowledge on u then shoot u
which is so damn real its not funny
he didnt settle for bein a thug, ihe didnt care if they said he was not hard cuz he was eductaed
that is a real nigga mayn

um..............
i think Shyne is overrated

as 4 Snoop
he nos wat hes doin, he nos that has a fuckin reputation, drop it like its hot is for lil 13 yr. old girls
but he has enough REAL shit to back up dat crap he puts out

so yea, dats ma 2 cent

..ADLIB.. 01-15-05 10:08 PM

pac isnt over rated. his stuff has mad substance hes just got something that ive never heard from any other rapper. something u cant explain. his shit is as powerful as religion. its not that he has mad lyrical technique or mad flow he just has it that lil something that made him the best ever. set him apart from everybody else.