RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Better my freestyling? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=221334)

MetEoR-K 02-04-06 02:16 AM

Better my freestyling?

How can I get better at freestyling, like coming up with dope things on the spot, usually the stuff I say I can rhyme, but it's totally stupid, never anything cool.

La Cosa Nostra 02-04-06 02:42 AM

Meh.. I'm so fucken over random battling...

Personally I cant think of anything more pointless than freestyle dissing someone you dont even know.. Being made to stand there while they spit a bunch of complete horseshit constantly repeating shit like "I'll lyrically kill you, your wack, my verbal skills is facts" and then have the drunk fucktards actually come up and try to hug you afterwards..

Freestyling is alright.. But does anyone else share my complete and utter boredom since the release of 8 Mile everybody thinks that just cause your a rapper your automatically gonna wanna stand there and battle every fucking moron who 'thinks' he can spit a rhyme in the room...

Shit is mad redundant......

Artik Phrost 02-04-06 03:02 AM

^werds of someone that CAN'T freestyle adequately....

this iz how i got my lil brother up on his freestyle skill...and yea he can come off top iLL...without repeating

..like, do the "word cypher" wit someone..or yurself...and do a scenerio cypher....thatll help wit ya quick thinkin to use wahts around you...whiich will help yu built ya punches...metas and ish...and get well rounded on things...thatll also help ...wit the disses and stuff mayne

schema 02-04-06 03:24 AM

jack off using chunky peanut butter as lubrication...

Cannabarz™ 02-04-06 03:30 AM

off some random sh!t ^

but yea... whudever.. freestylinz a good way to become a good conversationalist aswell, bein quick on the draw n such, or makin excuses right on da spot.. lol, jus spit a verse when u in a jam..

Hate chew 02-04-06 03:45 AM

i tend to stick a carrot in my ear, it sheds its juice and i can create the dopest concepts. try it, you may look stupid,but once you spit a dope free, peopel will be lyuke.

woah YO he b D B Rad typah G yo! :shoot:

Valerie 02-04-06 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schema
jack off using chunky peanut butter as lubrication...

hahaha man funny shit!

but yea practice and lots of it due to ur record. :thumbup:

La Cosa Nostra 02-04-06 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artik Phrost
^werds of someone that CAN'T freestyle adequately....

Is that so....

I'd love for you to say that kinda wack shit to my face in real life....

By the way you little clown... I mentioned other peoples skill... Havnt you ever rapped at a party and then had a bunch of wankers try to battle you when your out trynna pick up for the night...

If you havnt.. Then its prolly cause your some nerd ass net rapper that doesent get out and thats why you think your comment was the correct way to respond to my post...

Cunts dont even know how to act on this site I swear.....

MetEoR-K 02-07-06 01:08 AM

Thanks for the tips.

Indeph 02-07-06 01:14 AM

If you wanna freestyle more, whenever you write, use synonyms instead of the actual words. Like if you wanna say "pain" use "agony", or if you wanna say "peace" use "nirvana". So that different words are learned and your vocabulary expands. And if you just needing help rhyming, do games and start rappin instead of talking. I sware, even if your house is on fire, rap instead of talk. If you cant think of a word to rhyme with "my baby's in there", then you're baby will die.

k? k.

Nynth Degree 02-07-06 10:46 AM

Go out and buy some 9th Degree albums. Then you'll know.

Tremendous 02-07-06 11:15 AM

try practicing like others

MetEoR-K 02-15-06 12:09 AM

Lol thanks thank, good info. Any more thing I need to know?

SerB 02-15-06 02:51 AM

I love doing live battles. I always battle heads that i dont know.

i go to a house party where they got mics and where they hold battles.

i just jump in and battle... most the shit i say is pre-written.... like the good shit.

but when freestyling... try thinking of some good wordplay... and dont go to fast, slow down.

WhoAmI 02-15-06 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
If you wanna freestyle more, whenever you write, use synonyms instead of the actual words. Like if you wanna say "pain" use "agony", or if you wanna say "peace" use "nirvana". So that different words are learned and your vocabulary expands. And if you just needing help rhyming, do games and start rappin instead of talking. I sware, even if your house is on fire, rap instead of talk. If you cant think of a word to rhyme with "my baby's in there", then you're baby will die.

k? k.

got it in one...tryna rap everything you feel like saying actually works