RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   RIP Proof (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=226259)

darshmatix 04-11-06 10:52 AM

RIP Proof

RIP Proof of D12

Shear Kaughn 04-11-06 11:22 AM

yea i heard it on the Radio.......happend early this mornig around liek 4:30

RIP Proof.....

DIDISI_MP 04-11-06 11:30 AM

stop playin yall
had me belivin n shit fo a second there

Eastsyde 04-11-06 12:06 PM

D-12 member Proof was shot and killed in Detroit this morning (April 11) at an after hours club on Eight Mile Road.

Proof, born Deshaun Hotlon, was murdered at the Triple C club around 4:30 am and another man was seriously wounded, both with gunshots to the head.

The identity of the second man was released and despite initial reports, a police source told AllHipHop.com that the second man, an unnamed 35-year-old, remained in hospitalized in critical condition.

The second man shot may have been fellow D-12 group member Bizarre, but police have not released the victims identity as of press time.

One witness was being questioned by the police, who are still seeking suspects.

The rapper was signed to superstar rapper Eminem's Shady Records as a member of the platinum selling group, D-12.

The group, which features members Eminem, Kon Artis, Proof, Swift , Bizarre and Kuniva, released their debut album Devil's Night in 2001. The group followed with D12 World in 2004, which produced the hit single "My Band."

Proof followed with a solo album titled Searching for Jerry Garcia in 2005, released on his own label, Iron Fist Recordings.

Proof was an influential figure on the Detroit rap scene, hosting legendary battles at the Hip Hop Shop.

In the movie 8 Mile, Mekhi Phifer was chosen to embody Proof as the character "Lil Tic."

RIP PROOF

DIDISI_MP 04-11-06 12:12 PM

get fucked that shit is crazy

DIDISI_MP 04-11-06 12:14 PM

NewsTrack
D12 rapper Proof shot to death in Detroit
DETROIT, April 11 (UPI) -- Eminem's right hand man and D12 rapper Proof was shot to death Tuesday morning at a club along Detroit's 8 Mile. He was 32.

The freestyle MC born Deshaun Holton was dead on arrival at a Detroit hospital, the Detroit Free Press said.

Proof and Eminem were longtime friends and toured together with Proof acting as Eminem's on-stage "hype man," the Free Press said. He was best man at Eminem's January wedding and had a bit part in the film "8 Mile."

Another man shot around 5 a.m. at the club, 3C, was reported in critical condition at St. John Hospital in Detroit.

The club was legal, but open illegally after hours, the Free Press said.

Rapper Obie Trice, another close friend of Eminem, was shot and wounded on New Year's Eve.

© Copyright 2006 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Want to email or reprint this story? Click here for options.

DIDISI_MP 04-11-06 12:35 PM

R.I.P PROOF

so does that make it d10?
proof had his hand in all of detroit hiphop for the last decade
its sad heel be remembered more as eminems friend
he hosted the fight Klub in detroit n evrything
man thats fucked up...

Kawn Flixx 04-11-06 12:36 PM

R.I.P Proof....Another D-12 member dead

K.ontroverz.Y 04-11-06 12:39 PM

damn thats sad yo..proof was ill and his album was dope...whats good with d12 why does everyone want them dead? or is 8th mile really that bad...?..thats some harsh shit..

~Babylon~ 04-11-06 03:40 PM

yeah man this is fucked up I always liked proof

Daubs 04-11-06 03:41 PM

Thread Number: 4352

Ysdat 04-11-06 04:25 PM

^who gives a fuck how many threeads are made.

he deserves alot more than threads on a net site.

rest in peace

Daubs 04-11-06 04:52 PM

The amount doesnt matter, but whats the point, click new posts and choose one of the 50 already posted.
BUT YEAH, RIP...HE WAS DOPE.

Immense 04-11-06 05:42 PM

just listening to one of his tracks...dissing ja rule...

he says "you'll end up next to biggie and pac"

damn...ironic...

and wonder what ja makes of this...like most rappers will show they condolencies n stuff...just wondering what effect this will have on hip-hop if any

(X)eed 04-12-06 12:45 AM

^^^^^^^^

herd tha news now...... proof wuz sick .... his freestyles were sick... if yall herd him diss royce da 5 9 ....wit tha purple gang.. he owns..

RIP bro... ...... fuck.. another goes... while another fuckin herb comes in2 tha game...