RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Lil Wayne (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=242383)

Past Tense 05-21-07 06:58 PM

Lil Wayne

Is most def. not the best rapper alive

how can people support that movement?

Phenom-in-all 05-21-07 07:07 PM

the whole best rapper alive/all-time/etc. is just about the most played conversation topic I've ever heard. CotDAYUM ya'll...

Blay'all 05-21-07 07:12 PM

all i gotta say is in 10 years people will realize that Weezy was revolutionary in hip-hop... hopefully it just wont be b/c he dies.

Past Tense 05-22-07 01:36 AM

how is he revolutionary? what has he done thats so revolutionary? he's the same as all the other rappers.....money,hoes,cars,clothes..blah blah blah......

Sir Smash'Alot 05-22-07 04:07 PM

the smartest thing you ever said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayboy Sr.
hopefully it just wont be b/c he dies.

funny i was hoping the exact opposite..

Compose 05-22-07 08:34 PM

wayne...revolutionary?, ...what?

mmkaay then, someone needs a good smack

Chris Stylez 05-22-07 08:45 PM

Do you even know what revolutionary is? Weezy is just pretty much saying all that has been said a thousand times over but in a better way. I hope Lil Wayne goes bald.

Tha .Q 05-22-07 08:48 PM

I love Lil Wayne...

u either get it or u don't

Titan 05-22-07 10:11 PM

rofl @ revolutionary.....all these young cats hop on wayned nuts like he's dope....he's beyond wackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

GKillaz05 05-22-07 11:06 PM

Whats his Name?.. Weezy fuckin baby, I know' ya'll get it right Wheezy's fuckin' Baby!.. haha, Lil Wayne the best ever? NOPE! Lil Wayne one of the best out right now?.. I guess you could say that!

Past Tense 05-22-07 11:09 PM

saying that Lil Wayne is the best ever is like saying Fat Joe is better than Rakim

don cardyac 05-23-07 09:05 PM

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at wayne going bald.

he's one of the best wordsmiths out but he lacks substance. he can do punches wordplay and metaphors all day but if he aint talkin' bout nufin' than whats it all worth?

don cardyac 05-23-07 09:12 PM

the one y'all should be talkin' about is lupe fiasco. now thats a lyricist. he dont even word his punches and wordplay the same as erybody else, better yet the content. if you aint know than you need to cop an album, listen to his stuff on youtube or somethin'.

papoose is tight too but lupe's a bit better. people just get caught in pap's hype cuz he yells out all of his punchlines, similar to ludacris. other than that alphabetical slaughter was his most lyrically creative presentation. in the late 90's and early 2000's, being a punchline rapper was a big lyrical thing, but erysince cassidy, the new dipset members, and ludacris blew up, erybody and there stepkids are punchline rappin'. now punchlines are a requirement so its gonna take more than that to separate yourself from the competition. thats where creativity comes in. which wayne ain't got that much of.

La Cosa Nostra 05-24-07 04:01 AM

Yeah..........BIG fucken claim to fame..

Mainstream rap these days is shit house...

Logic The Goonie 05-24-07 05:00 AM

Lupe is better than Wayne, but Wayne is nice. He just fuckin plays with words so much, to the point where sometimes I don't catch the shit until the 50th time I hear the song. That's what keeps his shit fresh and entertaining. Granted, he's not the best EMCEE, but as a lyricist he's definitely the best well-known rapper right now.