RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   the "next" white rapper to blow??? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=246656)

SUPERVILLAIN 06-19-08 03:33 AM

the "next" white rapper to blow???

this kid is getting major attention from some of hip hops biggest names...but does he have what it takes to back it all up???

he's being compared to "em" and it is very likely that if you haven't heard of this emcee before, you will shortly. without further ado...here's a quick youtube link to "asher roth":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULqf_jbuk0s
^^^a verse to "mr. me too".

tell us what you think.

s.v.

Ysdat 06-19-08 03:45 AM

I can rap better than him and Im not about to blow. Personally I think hes garbage, even the hoes spitting his lame ass lyrics.

SUPERVILLAIN 06-19-08 04:08 AM

lol. :evilgrin:

i've heard better from him...but this seems to be his most circulated video.

in general, do i think that he's nice with the lyrics??? yeah.
do i think that he's the next "em"??? nah.

just my opinion.

s.v.

Ysdat 06-19-08 04:15 AM

I dont even think his nice with lyrics bro, Im not a hater or anything, just dont think he stacks up, hes a good rapper, but theres a million 'good' rappers out there. He isnt anything that make me chill like, 'damn, that mother fuckers solid as fuck'

but then again, lil waynes considered a dope emcee, so anything can happen. lol

La Cosa Nostra 06-19-08 08:10 AM

this guy is not an artist.. maybe if he gets some backbone and raps about some more interesting and non-cliche shit... but really...

i think the crux of the matter here is this dudes just worked out how to lay down half decent lyrics with good flow and rhythem biting other cats vocals and steez.. his multi syllable and assonance rhyming is not consistant, his bar concepts can sometimes be ok but he uses some lyric techniques that beginner rappers do and mostly theres just a lot of fillers like hes saying a lot but not saying much at the same time if you catch my drift..

theres an art to doing that.. but thats not being an artist.. if i was to look to sign this type of rapper i would be very cautious.. he looks like some little pecker head college student.. eminem had his short blond hair which worked for him because his jovial and controversial lyrics matched his image.. this guy looks like his mom took him down to the hair dressers and picked out the most private school conformist hair cut she could find.. where the fuck is the edge in his image?

this dude might be dope in a few years when he grows up... he definatly needs to gain some culture and maturity about him.. he wouldnt be able to hang with my crew at all man... everyone who i run with are all years ahead of this guy and thats no ego bullshit from someone whose been rapping forever and a day thats just honesty because of what ive seen from this guy..

supervillain man, if the guy has some actual songs that you think might change my opinion of him then post those...

that recital of one of his pre-writes with drunk bitches is tame as hell...

B. Magik 06-20-08 01:27 PM

^^ Seriously

GKillaz05 07-30-08 04:42 PM

are you serious just because of some fuckin' youtube vid this kid is gettin' mad prop from "important people" .. like come on... unless he can prove himself wit' alot of other shit.. fuck that, he is no eminem.. and I seen the one dude on youtube say papoose .. ? what? lyrical maybe.. but compared to eminem and papoose.. come on dawg? not even close...
fuck Soul can rap better then him.. do the youtube thing brah... and maybe try to take over facebook

oh p.s. dont diss the hoe hype chick... she could be dope too.. if she sobered up a bit and got a boob job.

GKillaz05 07-30-08 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKillaz05
are you serious just because of some fuckin' youtube vid this kid is gettin' mad prop from "important people" .. like come on... unless he can prove himself wit' alot of other shit.. fuck that, he is no eminem.. and I seen the one dude on youtube say papoose .. ? what? lyrical maybe.. but compared to eminem and papoose.. come on dawg? not even close...
fuck Soul can rap better then him.. do the youtube thing brah... and maybe try to take over facebook

oh p.s. dont diss the hoe hype chick... she could be dope too.. if she sobered up a bit and got a boob job.

second time watchin' this ... lol, I think the rap song they got playin' in the background come him soundin' better then he is .. hahaa.

Speats 07-31-08 02:13 PM

Hes not bad....

Also Known. 07-31-08 02:38 PM

My vote is still for the boob job

JTR 08-05-08 07:48 AM

Lol i you wanna see a dope white rapper then just look up Wax on youtube, and he actually gets an average of 50,000 views on his videos...

SUPERVILLAIN 08-05-08 08:32 AM

^^^good lookin' out. will do. :thumbup:

s.v.

JTR 08-27-08 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Soul? ©
I can rap better than him and Im not about to blow. Personally I think hes garbage, even the hoes spitting his lame ass lyrics.

hes not that bad i thought the same shit too when this was the only video i saw, he's got all his songs from his mixtape on youtube so check there if you actually want to, he's got a few cool tracks

Cola 08-27-08 03:57 PM

wait, it aint Q or J Summa's?

J Summers 08-28-08 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama Boy
wait, it aint Q or J Summa's?

please say the summers