RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Turntablism (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=261)
-   -   buyins some new decks (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=208189)

leady 09-11-05 11:36 AM

buyins some new decks

yeah i might be starting a new job soon that pays quite well, and i might start getting back into DJn again, aint done it for like 3-4 years, n i dont even know if im gonna get into that seriously, but yea any suggestions on what to look into, im not looking to pay a shit load of money cos chances are i wont get that serious about it, but not some cheap skanky ones either lol

PeRsEvErAnCe 09-11-05 12:22 PM

definately start off wit a pair of stanton's. u pick which model. make sure it's a direct drive. get a good cartridge. you'll be good to go... i love the stanton's. at least for beginner use. Technics are good too, but quite expensive. for that price u can get some vestax. but jea... stanton's are numero uno pick. try this site too.... www.topdjgear.com haven't checked it for a while. but last time i did they had great deals. pz

New Meth0d 09-11-05 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeRsEvErAnCe
definately start off wit a pair of stanton's. u pick which model. make sure it's a direct drive. get a good cartridge. you'll be good to go... i love the stanton's. at least for beginner use. Technics are good too, but quite expensive. for that price u can get some vestax. but jea... stanton's are numero uno pick. try this site too.... www.topdjgear.com haven't checked it for a while. but last time i did they had great deals. pz

pretty much he is correct but it just depends what your price range is...a pair of stantons + cartridges + a decent mixer = aprox. $500
i have a pair of stantons str8-60's they are pretty damn good for the price..,wish i had a lil more torque though. but i cant complain. so yes get stanton's they are cheap/long lasting/good quality ect.

(if you are willing to spend more than get some technincs or numarks.... always direct drive though)

leady 09-12-05 08:11 AM

yea you can hook decks up to a comp, yea sum1 told me about stantons, they werent around i dont think when i was doin shit, was thinking of some vestax but from whats been said bout stantons i might look into some stantons.... erm what mixer would you advise?? im not just looking at mixing, im looking at scratching aswell, i mainly just wanna see if i can get back into it but so much has changed since i last used decks i dunno whats what anymore :(

New Meth0d 09-12-05 04:52 PM

probably get a stanton mixer, cause they are pretty good for their price...if you got the cash buy some pioneer mixer....and you can hook your deck up to the comp i recommend rane to do this though...rane lets you do amazing shit

leady 09-12-05 05:26 PM

yeah im gonna be wanting to link to my pc cos im gonna be making beats when i get my shit sorted so ill be needing samples plus adding cuts/scratches on beats etc

Daubs 09-12-05 06:04 PM

Technics or Numarks.