RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Gospel Rap (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=192731)

datopprospect 05-27-05 07:31 PM

Gospel Rap

What do yall think about it? Is it wack? is it a waste of time? Let me know. eazy

Flowdan 05-27-05 07:33 PM

I aint really heard any. Gimme a link.

Sean Gunner 05-27-05 07:34 PM

I personally like it. I think it is one of the only branches of Hip Hop that is still true to having good lyrics. Because you don't have the major producers or the amazing beats so your lyrics have to be good. Also, hearing people preach a positive message is always a nice change.

Flowdan 05-27-05 07:36 PM

Yeah, but don't the lyrics get repetitive since they preachin religion n shit?

Phenom-in-all 05-27-05 08:56 PM

Here's a whole bunch of stuff...

www.soundclick.com/sphereofhiphop

47.29" of Zigs 05-27-05 09:01 PM

nah nigga listen to grits

dichotomy A & Dichotomy b

both dope ass cds dope beats dope lyrics some of the only rap i actually listen to.

Phenom-in-all 05-27-05 09:05 PM

The new Ambassador cd is unmatched. Flame too.

47.29" of Zigs 05-27-05 09:08 PM

werd ill have to check that shit

Sean Gunner 05-27-05 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowdan
Yeah, but don't the lyrics get repetitive since they preachin religion n shit?

Actually no. It's not all about God, a lot of it is just current issues. Some of the underground artists talk just about God which is why they won't be signed. Check out KJ 52 as well as Grits.

Viva 05-27-05 10:04 PM

yeah i like gospel rap, a lot of them have actually been like gangstas before n they've changed so they rap all about that. Theres a few in my city centre, they r there all the time jus preachin n then across the road theres guys wit mics n signs about god preachin shit in a monotone accent about how we're all goin to hell, most ppl would rather listen to the rappers!

datopprospect 05-28-05 12:51 AM

I feel all that, thanks 4 the feedback. So if a gospel Rapper went Main stream u think it would still have the same effect?

Bangalore 05-28-05 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelation
I personally like it. I think it is one of the only branches of Hip Hop that is still true to having good lyrics. Because you don't have the major producers or the amazing beats so your lyrics have to be good. Also, hearing people preach a positive message is always a nice change.

werd... the stuff of bet on sunbday mornings is my favorite gospel rap... its positive and if you down play the whole religion stigma i think you can get a positive message from it

Adrenaline 05-31-05 01:35 PM

it's dope..I have some songs..and the messages ARE NOT repetitive...dont think that just cuz it's gospel rap...

Implicit 05-31-05 03:45 PM

yeah i personally think its the best out right now..

...the only thing that helps people out when they feel down...

.....thats basically what i do now.....

.........rap with a positive message...