RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Jay-Z Sued Over Wrestler's Trademark (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=216462)

Sik Wit It 12-07-05 10:48 AM

Jay-Z Sued Over Wrestler's Trademark

Wrestler Diamond Dallas Page has filed a lawsuit against Jay-Z for unlawful use of his "Diamond Cutter" hand signal.

Page, born Page Falkinburg, filed the lawsuit in Los Angeles Federal Court, claiming he trademarked the rights to the diamond-shaped symbol in 1996 and has used it for wrestling and other entertainment ventures on multiple occasions.

Page contends that Jay-Z started using the diamond symbol years after on various commercial products, including the cover of Dynasty: Roc La Familia 2000 and Fade to Black.

Hip-hop fans are aware that the Def Jam President has used the diamond sign to signify his Roc-A-Fella Records dynasty.

According to Page, he introduced the "Diamond Cutter" symbol in 1996 on WCW's weekly Nitro and Thunder programs.

The wrestler, who uses the sign on the cover of his new book "Yoga for Regular Guys," also says he used the symbol on monthly PPV events, WCW live events, and media appearances, including The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.

Representatives for Jay-Z or Roc-A-Fella were not immediately available for comment.

*Note: This happened on Dec. 5th

Tie-D 12-07-05 10:51 AM

wat u think will come of it?

I think page aint gonna get anywhere wiv this at all

Mad Dog 12-07-05 10:51 AM

omg...DDP's been around since the 80's...

Jay-Z got big mid 90's...

that's like the WWF...Jay is gonna get laughed @ by them panda lovers...and he gonn need to change his name to Jay-E

Nynth Degree 12-07-05 10:59 AM

Honestly, I can't hate on DDP for this.

If you were an out-of-work former pro wrestler pushing 50 years, you'd exploit some miniscule shit to get a dollar too.

hot 12-07-05 11:04 AM

lolololololol

he just made cuz he a broke washed up wrestler

Mad Dog 12-07-05 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Degree
Honestly, I can't hate on DDP for this.

If you were an out-of-work former pro wrestler pushing 50 years, you'd exploit some miniscule shit to get a dollar too.

werd...and he's been here since 80's...what an argument...lol he could say him and his manager pre-planned his last 25 years...and made that signal up lol

Macca 12-07-05 11:37 AM

Jay-Z. don't like him. DDP used to think he was cool. but fuck both of em. I couldn't give a shit.

Lyriclesolja 12-07-05 12:10 PM

this is a sign that DDP is broke......so sueing some one for a hand gesture is stupid.......its kinda like Michael Jackson sueing pee wee hermen for the masterbation gesture....its not right....

Sik Wit It 12-07-05 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Tavarez
lolololololol

he just made cuz he a broke washed up wrestler

He still wrestles on some show now, but he probably is broke cus he should've sued Jay-Z like 1-3 years ago.

Magic5 12-07-05 09:44 PM

Page will win if he has proof that he trademarked the hand gesture.

K.ontroverz.Y 12-08-05 05:57 AM

LOL yeah i saw this. I was fuckin laughin' shits stupid. What people will sue for over money.

Dirty Nigga 12-08-05 07:17 AM

DDP hahahahaham he wasnt even a good wrestler when he was in his so called ''prime''

Indeph 12-08-05 09:31 PM

roooooooofl

Shit I'ma sue eminem for doing that middle finger gesture he keeps using.

Sean Gunner 12-08-05 09:53 PM

DDP hurt his back I heard. Severely. He may be trying to get a retirement so he can stop wrestling. Last I heard if he hurt his back again he would be paralyzed.