RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   what is hip hop? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=165327)

Spektikul 01-09-05 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyriclesolja
Hip Hop is EVERYTHING..........Its water, rain, poetry, intellegence, Happyness, depression and EVERYTHING inbetween........Peayce

^^^wtf...water and rain??? Thats just a little outta hand now...lol
Like I said before...Fi-del defined it perfectly already...its either everything to you or nothing to you...its all self opinionated. Not water and rain tho...wow...

Terumoto 01-14-05 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuCkD wit FLAVA
Hip Hop= music that can come from a person of any race that has been raised or affiliated with the ghetto for most of their life

hip hop deliers a message about somethin important, not about ice and rims........

Are you a fuckin idiot? Hip-Hop ISNT MUSIC... get it through your ignorant heads..

hip-hop is a CULTURE... it ISNT the bullshit on the radio... rapping is a part of hip hop... The media were idiots back in the day and generalised hip hop into rap, and they called bboying breakdancing...

Its a form of self expression and a way of life...

Upper class dudes dress nice, listen to classy classical music, do waltzes and go to ballet's, they like fine art... thats THEIR CULTURE

OUR CULTURE is dressin dope.. listening to rap or rapping ourselves.. doin a bit of breaking or popping, going to BOTY 2005, and we like graffiti.

THATS how it is...

For$akeN 01-22-05 06:47 PM

[myopinion]Hip Hop is a hobby[/myopinion]

Whys That? 01-22-05 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dOpEbOi 210
lol yall niggas gettin emo on dis bitch...hip hop is muzik dat u can vibe 2...dats all

i will bet you 2rv

that you first started listning to rap music when eminem signed to aftermath. then you aspired to be a "rap star" after watching 8 mile.

you found this site in hopes to steal others lyric's. Now your sitting there narrow mindedly posting stupid shit.

Am i right?

Terumoto 01-22-05 06:52 PM

^YES ... hey man do I have your aim?

~Da_Illest~ 01-22-05 10:41 PM

Hip Hop 2 me is more den ur average evaday learned routine, it'z more of a lifestyle, form of communication, & art dat branches out into many different cultures of a person's evaday surroundings & element dat dey live in

Da_Throwdest 02-04-05 11:49 AM

hip hop is a culture form of lifestyle dat u don't just pick up it grows from within ur soul

(X)eed 02-14-05 10:16 PM

Blah............................i Agreee Wit Evry1 Hu Posted Here...aiight Hu Eva Started This Thread....................good Shyt.,.................hip-hop Has Changed After Legends Died............. Fukin Gangsta Rap Took Ova Then Talkin Bout Ice And Fukin Guns And Kliks,...................crews And Shyt....well Crews Are Alright Actually A Street Family...protects U And Shyt.....but Fukin Gangsta Rap Killed Hip Hop.....but It Wud B Fuked Witout It.....hip Hop Is Soul.wit Otha Musik.........nuff Said

~Tony Green~ 02-20-05 06:44 PM

Hip hop to Tony Green is his life. His way to get out of the hood and provide a better life for hiself and his family! Hip Hop to him is a life style and again its his life!

Class.Sic 02-23-05 06:35 PM

Hip-Hop is....well you know Hip-Hop i think theres 4 elements, graffiti, breaking, freestylin, and something else...i dont remember

Magic5 02-24-05 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Throwdest
hip hop is a culture form of lifestyle dat u don't just pick up it grows from within ur soul

Out of all these posts, i agree with what this guy said the most..

A lot of people dont understand this shit because they dont have it in them..

Word to this dude.

Dex 03-04-05 06:07 AM

its not racist saying hip hop is black culture. Its just not entirely accurate. Hip Hop was black culture, and still is a strong part for a lot of black people but it has expanded so much over the years it has become more of a youth-of-today culture.

thats wat i think

Terumoto 03-04-05 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Sonofisis~
hip hop is black culture

That doesnt make sense. Its like saying christianity is the Israelites culture. I'm not a christian but christianity is a way of life... As is hip hop... Just because blacks were MOST (not all) of the founding fathers, doesnt mean its THEIR culture. People like you piss me off sometimes...

If you're kind is striving for equality, should other races not do certain things because blacks dont want them to?

Its 21st century segregation... You are what you hate.

Verbal 04-20-05 10:43 AM

Hip means to be aware, hop is a movement.
It's expression and insight (through verse, dance, etc.) on situations, changes and perspectives in life...which is in constant motion itself.

BabyCapone 04-28-05 08:35 PM

I agree wit verbal, but Hip Hop is when someone gives their own views on how they look on life...... think if Malcom X or Martin Luther King Jr. would have done their speeches in Hip Hop.... They Would of had a KRUNK crowd and gettin people psyched!!! lol but its true lettin people kno whats your view on ways of life is a true form of Hip Hop.