RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Rocky Balboa was... (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=238632)

Tha .Q 12-20-06 10:14 PM

Rocky Balboa was...

A good movie...

I liked how they tried to evoke nostalgia with the dated looking cinematographic effect. And, I liked the pacing of the movie early on, with the director focusing on Rocky's rather ordinary life to establish the "come from nothing" spirit of the movie. However, parts of the movie were contrived and overwrought. For example, when Rocky's lady friend gives him a pep talk, it was some of the cheesiest acting I'd ever seen. And, the end of the movie, though exciting, seemed rushed to me.

Overall, I'd recommend Rocky Balboa.

2 and 1/2 stars.

Compose 12-20-06 10:34 PM

syllvester stallone wrote and directed it, along with every other one except the original rocky, just pointing that out cuz i noticed you used director as if it was someone else or w/e

Sean Gunner 12-20-06 11:48 PM

2 and a half doesn't sound very good to me.

TeamOne 12-21-06 12:52 AM

i thought he wrote the original rocky.... ?

Diet Coke 12-21-06 01:45 AM

He wrote every Rocky.

.Ike. 12-21-06 04:09 AM

yea it was pretty good.....

Cinderella Man = best boxing movie

Tha .Q 12-21-06 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ike.
yea it was pretty good.....

Cinderella Man = best boxing movie

Yea, but Russel Crowe is an asshole.

King Solo 12-21-06 10:05 AM

Best boxing movie I've ever seen would be a toss up between Cinderella Man and Million Dollar Baby.

N.Tavarez 12-21-06 10:20 AM

million dollar baby was fucked up though

Spektikul 12-21-06 11:24 AM

*comes in thread with hands over his eyes*

I hope nobody is spoiling the movie up in here...

...you may have already seen it but it takes about 2 months after its released in your theatres to get to ours, lmao.

so shhhhhh.

Tha .Q 12-21-06 11:25 AM

^^No doubt...

I also liked how Sylvester Stallone paralleled the character of Rocky by just making this movie after all those years.

Anyway, go see it....in 2 months!

lol

Spektikul 12-21-06 11:32 AM

^ word, im all over that shit when it gets here yo.

oh yeah, i watched some other movie this month on dvd that was pretty good, i forget what its called tho...

...its when that guy goes to some army or correction facility thing, like boot camp, and then starts boxing while hes in there.

Anyone know what this is? ...i was wasted when i watched it.

King Solo 12-21-06 11:43 AM

Sylvester Stallone is fucking raw, I give him props for doing another Rocky movie at his age and I also heard he is doing another Rambo movie...

Spektikul 12-21-06 11:45 AM

New movie....Rambo VS Rocky....whos gunna win this shit??

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!

K Illa 12-21-06 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose
syllvester stallone wrote and directed it, along with every other one except the original rocky, just pointing that out cuz i noticed you used director as if it was someone else or w/e

Syllvester Stallon wrote and won an Oscar for the Original Rocky