RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Your rap ability (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=240396)

ThatsWhatSheSaid 03-02-07 02:18 PM

Your rap ability

Do you feel it is god given, or a honed skill? I never really thought about it but id say everyone has a % of each, were all able to rhyme on some level (god given)but progressing to be ill is the honing, im sure someone didnt just wake up one day rapping like it was a god given gift and they ill from first try but im sure the talent was there but all things are to be matured no? Your thoughts

M&rk 03-02-07 02:26 PM

definately a skill u gotta learn. cuz no one can be good at free stylin with out practice.
also i've rapped with a lot of newbs on songs where we write our verses and some people just have more rhythem than others and thats god given i think. but everyone needs practice to really be good at all. so rhythem is god given but rap ability isn't.

P To Tha R! 03-02-07 02:30 PM

Yeah it's a part of both. I didn't start good, had to work and elevate and stay humble. But also, some people jus even with all the elevation and work they put into it won't ever hold a good rap ability nah mean

ThatsWhatSheSaid 03-02-07 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P To Tha R!
Yeah it's a part of both. I didn't start good, had to work and elevate and stay humble. But also, some people jus even with all the elevation and work they put into it won't ever hold a good rap ability nah mean

Word, its all potential, i was ass when i first started, but i can ride a beat nice and get my shit goin now, but even still i would rap all the time but i never record, i just recently started recordin, first time was pretty bad, but im getting better each time, the lyrics are fine, its just fine tuning the delivery and trying to maintain the same volume and a bunch of shit people mess up with when they start, plus my mic is shit but i wont bring excuses :laugh:

My ability to write and rhyme is god given to a certain extent but my delivery and patience are things i need to develope

Zone Out 03-02-07 02:42 PM

its all about potential
then honing that potential
potential is god given
if you hone that god given potential you can be dope as fuck
but if you have no potential.. but still hone your skill
you can be alright

example

potential with honed skills - Joe Budden
No potential with honed skills - Mike Jones

ThatsWhatSheSaid 03-02-07 02:51 PM

^- Word i hear that, lol @ mike jones honed skill, hes got marketability or had..

Triple_N 03-02-07 02:52 PM

Dont for once get it twisted, rapping is an acquired skill...u have to learn it to be good at it. Now, u may have a natural love for it an a natural disposition for creating music but u have to direct that natural ear, sometime it might be more for singing or composing. Which will take u over the top becuz u will grasp it faster an better than others. The problem is rap is an a acquired skill meaning anyone can do it jus those with a natural ear do it at a higher level that can take them places.

Zone Out 03-02-07 03:20 PM

^nigga thats what I just said.

Ms. Get Gully 03-02-07 03:28 PM

yeah..something I learned....

Triple_N 03-02-07 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Out
^nigga thats what I just said.

^^^I didn't read ya comment but anyways mine was a more expanded viewpoint of what u said. to put our comments in perspecitve u said something like :

The sandwiche is good cuz it was made good

I said:

The saindwich was good becuz it was layered with mayo, ham, cheese, tomato, lettuce, an some soft lightly toasted hero bread.

Tha .Q 03-02-07 04:12 PM

All true talents are natural, i.e., GOD given to us internally.

Now, harnessing and havesting those talents are up to us. However, being your best at your talent requires NOTHING, NOTHING more than just letting that natural energy flow through you.

When I'm at my best, I don't even have to think about it. I'm in a zone where my talents just flow through me as if they are being channeled.

Zone Out 03-02-07 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_N
^^^I didn't read ya comment but anyways mine was a more expanded viewpoint of what u said. to put our comments in perspecitve u said something like :

The sandwiche is good cuz it was made good

I said:

The saindwich was good becuz it was layered with mayo, ham, cheese, tomato, lettuce, an some soft lightly toasted hero bread.

roflmao
hahahahahah
word, I guess

Crazy Hades 03-02-07 05:09 PM

Potential isn't shit...

Quote:
I'm in a zone where my talents just flow through me as if they are being channeled.

That 'channeling' is called 'words' through your 'mouth'.

∆ P E X X 03-02-07 05:27 PM

i feel it takes some talent as a foundation then modify from there.

Pure Knowledge 03-03-07 04:10 PM

It was a god-given ability that I can rap, but I had to learn how to rap well. Although I was never wack.