RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   "The Big Picture" (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=214311)

∆ P E X X 11-12-05 04:09 PM

"The Big Picture"

I was laughin with J.Bridge of The Rush Ent about this shit. Between all of us in The Rush we probably know about 50 niggas who are actually "making moves" in music between producers, video producers, rappers, etc., and the ones of us that are making progressive steps ALL have one thing in common, vs the guys that are stagnant are going nowhere.

Nowhere: These guys print up the identical materials, essentially the same quality, etc, but the difference is that they're selling thier work. They'll put out less beats, lay less verses, and all around get way less exposure. Why? Because they're trying to make money NOW.

Somewhere: They do their shit for esentially free. The CD's are free, the beats are free (but you gotta give em their credit - OBVIOUSLY, and they spread like straight up wild fire. You'll make more money LATER than you ever could "now". This is the "big picture".

Oh BTW, statistically a producer will get put on literally 14 times sooner than a rapper.

Enygma 11-12-05 04:12 PM

I was actually thinking the same thing.....like exactly the same thing. I was wondering who the hell I would sell a CD to if no one's ever heard of me. It's damn near impossible, especially in today's day and age when everyone is trying to rap. I think I'm gonna burn like 100 CDs and just leave them on a bench in the mall or something.....lol.

Compose 11-12-05 04:12 PM

Thought you were talkin about Big L from the title :( gay

Cookie Monster. 11-12-05 04:51 PM

^rofl, same here.

Blay'all 11-12-05 05:16 PM

word, or u could just not put any shit out period like me :cool:

∆ P E X X 11-12-05 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL4Y
word, or u could just not put any shit out period like me :cool:

definitely the safest bet, lol.

Po It. 11-12-05 05:43 PM

Does that statistic have a reference?

∆ P E X X 11-12-05 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prin
Does that statistic have a reference?

Yup, it's according to the marketing instructors's research at the Institute of Audio Research in New York.

Po It. 11-12-05 06:17 PM

aight word Apexx.................

Zone Out 11-12-05 07:01 PM

CALL - ME - J -BRIDGE
The nigga from the Rush that be gettin paid quick.

∆ P E X X 11-12-05 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will S.Unyu
CALL - ME - J -BRIDGE
The nigga from the Rush that be gettin paid quick.

noooooooooooo!!!!!!! it's "big" bitch!! lmao. "The nigga from The Rush that be getting paid big!". I was just thinking about that song too.

Oh yo man....pfffffffttttttttttttttt.........I saw what the gates of hell look like. Yesterday night, The Rush chipped off a little piece of history. We got beats from C.W. up by us and yo man, it's gonna seriously revolutionize our sound. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH I was so amped, I couldnt' even sleep yesterday, lol.

PS, get some tracks open mofo, I got that A-Game mixtape that needs a few more tracks. Just leave me an open 16 foo

Zone Out 11-12-05 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
noooooooooooo!!!!!!! it's "big" bitch!! lmao. "The nigga from The Rush that be getting paid big!". I was just thinking about that song too.

Oh yo man....pfffffffttttttttttttttt.........I saw what the gates of hell look like. Yesterday night, The Rush chipped off a little piece of history. We got beats from C.W. up by us and yo man, it's gonna seriously revolutionize our sound. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH I was so amped, I couldnt' even sleep yesterday, lol.

PS, get some tracks open mofo, I got that A-Game mixtape that needs a few more tracks. Just leave me an open 16 foo

you talkin to me!?

∆ P E X X 11-12-05 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will S.Unyu
you talkin to me!?

:walks in wearing enyg's hat: umm....yeah. that's why it's called a "reply".

Zone Out 11-12-05 09:15 PM

WOOOOOOOOORD! then.
I got you, no problem. lmfao

Enygma 11-12-05 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
:walks in wearing enyg's hat: umm....yeah. that's why it's called a "reply".

Gimme Back My Hat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cussing:

Just like a black man to pick on a poor defenseless cracker and take his only e-possesion......his hat.