RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   HipHop about beef? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=226270)

DIDISI_MP 04-11-06 01:08 PM

HipHop about beef?

Is hip hop about beef nowdays?

to me it seems hiphops always been about, and originated from battling, but nowdays it seems artists shit on eachother just for fame

Hip-hop right now is some straight feudal shit. 50/G-Unit/Ma$e/Mobb Deep vs. Jay/Nas/Kanye/Diddy vs. Cam/Dipset?
There's so many wild cards here, too--the Game, Eminem? Dre?
and wutang are reuniting will they jump in the brawl?
most of this beef is originating from gay bullshit reasons too,

seems to me hiphops on some bold n buetifal home n away drama bullshit, some 12 year old girls who want drama, so they can brag

what beef can u see in the near future??

and do you think about hip hops current situation?

any feedback

Nynth Degree 04-11-06 01:10 PM

That shit's stoopid.

DIDISI_MP 04-11-06 01:23 PM

yes.... yes it is

La Cosa Nostra 04-11-06 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIDISI_MP
Is hip hop about beef nowdays?

to me it seems hiphops always been about, and originated from battling, but nowdays it seems artists shit on eachother just for fame

Hip-hop right now is some straight feudal shit. 50/G-Unit/Ma$e/Mobb Deep vs. Jay/Nas/Kanye/Diddy vs. Cam/Dipset?
There's so many wild cards here, too--the Game, Eminem? Dre?
and wutang are reuniting will they jump in the brawl?
most of this beef is originating from gay bullshit reasons too,

seems to me hiphops on some bold n buetifal home n away drama bullshit, some 12 year old girls who want drama, so they can brag

what beef can u see in the near future??

and do you think about hip hops current situation?

any feedback

EHHHHHHHH what.....

For starters......No.

Secondly, hip hop did not origionate from battling. Battling is a competition based social activity that origionated through freestyling, which origionated along with rapping.

Origional rapping was mainly small rhymes and fabels rapped by a dj used to introduce people at large street parties..And it evolved from there.

And for your information.. Beef will never be what hip hop is about.. Beef is something compleatly different that happens as a result of the community based hierarchy of rappers and recording artists. Its simple.....Cats often have problems with each other and their opinions... And the music industry likes to amplify and perpectuate these problems to help hype up a record release.

Hip hop will always be about music and entertainment.. No matter what some cats out there would have you believe.

DIDISI_MP 04-11-06 03:32 PM

Battle raps are closer to the original form of MCing than concept raps, which are more essayic or narrative in form. This is because they feature 'shout outs' and insulting language, which are actually an evolved form of the roasting that was part of the original MC's craft (or toasting as it was called in Jamaica by Ragga and other dub artists).

La Cosa Nostra 04-12-06 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIDISI_MP
Battle raps are closer to the original form of MCing than concept raps, which are more essayic or narrative in form. This is because they feature 'shout outs' and insulting language, which are actually an evolved form of the roasting that was part of the original MC's craft (or toasting as it was called in Jamaica by Ragga and other dub artists).

Origional rap was a dj performance at a party, where cats like kool herc gave shout outs to people with little rhymes and shit..

When did I say anything about concept raps...

(X)eed 04-12-06 12:55 AM

Beef is thur2 hype shit up but sum shit is real... u kno tha whole eminem ja thing.. n 50 is a bitch..

but ye....
Nos is rite

DIDISI_MP 04-12-06 05:12 AM

yea ok nos
i can see wat ur sayin

xceed do u cockride anyone with over 1000 posts?
or os nos speacial?

~Babylon~ 04-12-06 05:34 AM

I think this dueds just tryna up his post count.....lol

DIDISI_MP 04-12-06 05:56 AM

u got me figured :)

K.ontroverz.Y 04-12-06 09:25 AM

to me the industrial mainstream hiphop..is now about

-getting the crown
-the hottest beat
-the hardest gangsta

beef is only a publicity stunt...make people wanna hear more from you....wonder whats gonna happen next....

DIDISI_MP 04-12-06 09:44 AM

yea my thoughts exactly

K.ontroverz.Y 04-12-06 09:52 AM

in a way thats kind of fun in my opinion. trying to get the crown. mainstream rap would be like a big game to me. I probably would beef rappers i hated when i was just another slave on earth. but i wouldn't go as far as 50 cent or em. but fo real its stupid in my opinion. especially when every damn song i hear is either about shooting someone, a love song, a club scene, or flossin' how creative can you get when you do the same songs over and over again....blah what ever. i dont care they're makin money i can't complain

DIDISI_MP 04-12-06 04:36 PM

lol true but do u think it impacts on the industry, shit like that gets people killed,
would niggaz like pac still be alive if they were doin fuckin pop music.... its a wierd thought

(X)eed 04-13-06 08:09 PM

^^^^^

jus cuz ur fuckin disliked u lil prick....... word...

no .... they wouldnt get droppd.. do we c james blunt get clapped??