RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   All Producers Enter (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=217865)

Blay'all 12-22-05 06:11 PM

All Producers Enter

yeah, so what kind of equipment do all you producers use? can you really survive with just Frooty Loops? I know 9th Wonder still uses it, ive seen him use it, but can you really make quality beats and do everything you need to do as a producer using Frooty Loops? and, how do you get the voice-only tracks to make ur own mixes n shit? i think i wanna get into producing....

Thanks

Phenom-in-all 12-22-05 06:14 PM

this should be in a different section, but I'll throw some answers out. Voice only mixes come from combining a 'accapella' form one song with a beat from another. I just hit limwire and download 'accapella's'. I've said it a million times- it don't matter what equipment you have/use, its how you use it. 9th wonder is my fav example. My newest beat is made 100% on Fruity Loops, and it came out ok. (peep sig) But in the studio I use a Triton LE, a Roland Fantom Synth (my fav of a few of them), Cubase to make the beats in, Acid Pro to change tempo, & Soundforge to cut up samples. word.

Speats 12-22-05 06:15 PM

i only use frutty loops

B. Magik 12-22-05 06:16 PM

^^ Pretty much what he said. Its not the equipment, it's how you use it. Fruity Loops works perfectly fine for me.

Blay'all 12-22-05 06:17 PM

worrd, i mean i'd love to produce in the studio, but right now i dont have the funds or access to that kind of equipment, so i was just making sure it was possible and i wouldnt be wasting my time with Frooty Loops trying to be a serious producer...

and yeah, 9th Wonder is awesome... Little Brother (his group for you non-knowers of the TRUTH) is from Durham, NC right around the corner from me :) like seriously, 5 minutes down the road from me... and 9th will be at random shows around dj'ing and shit... its dope

Past Tense 12-22-05 06:18 PM

yeah its not only how u use it..its what kinda sounds ur using....but i wanna get this drum machine i saw at guitar center..i was makin some hot drum patterns..i coulda burned it but i didnt bring a blank cd soo that sucked balls

Phenom-in-all 12-22-05 06:20 PM

Little Brother is possibly one of my favourite groups. word.

Blay'all 12-22-05 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom-in-all
Little Brother is possibly one of my favourite groups. word.

worrd. :)

Wicked One 12-22-05 07:48 PM

^Yeah Little Brother Is Dope as Hell.....But yeah when i produce n shit...i just use Fruity Loops n all this other shit..

sdizzle 12-23-05 09:00 AM

all this time i thought little brother was a person

go figure

lol..

cuz i dont listen to garbage

9th wonder = poo poo

Phenom-in-all 12-23-05 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdizzle
all this time i thought little brother was a person

go figure

lol..

cuz i dont listen to garbage

9th wonder = poo poo

^^^ The #1 reason why its publically known that you're a flaming homosexual. You LOOK like poo poo, and ain't know SHIT about music. Go suck Kanyes dick, ya porkchop.

TeamOne 12-23-05 03:28 PM

yea fruity loops is aight......... hey, but how do u get more drums to put in there????? anyone know how to dl some free ones or anythin like that?

Phenom-in-all 12-23-05 03:44 PM

Just thought i'd edit this with this:

Blay'all 12-23-05 04:01 PM

<< wishes he had dizzle's gear

sdizzle 12-23-05 09:32 PM

whoa @ keeping my picture on your hard drive for OVER a year